Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Any Tempe/Scottsdale Arizona racer around? >

Any Tempe/Scottsdale Arizona racer around?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Tempe/Scottsdale Arizona racer around?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Any Tempe/Scottsdale Arizona racer around?

Hey guys... anyone in the Tempe/Mesa/Scottsdale Arizona area hanging out on here?? I'm getting ready to start racing again and don't know a soul at the indoor track... I've got a TC3 and a Schumacher Mission...

Thanks!

Ron
Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Meet up with Ben Bustamante. He works at Hobby Action and is great guy.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks! That's where I'll be racing...
Last time I was in there a guy named James worked there... seems he isn't there anymore...

R
Old 12-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Also dont forget to check out SRS for onroad....
Old 12-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

SRS is where I used to race... offroad and TC's... cool place and cool people, but the Hobby Action is indoor carpet that I've never tried before, and it's a mile and a half from my house!

R
Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Understood. carpet can be alot of fun. I am moving to Gilbert next weekend from new mexico.

Like 51 said Ben is a great guy. I dont know him personally but have been at some races together and he has always been a class act. Also very quick on the rug....

When you give them a call see if the track has a tire truer... I have been to some where they will provide one... if not its a pretty spendy purchase...

I think Hobby Action is racing TC on Saturday nights and SRS on Fridays...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

I'm thinking carpet is Wednesday nights and Sundays at 1pm... Offroad on friday night... I won't swear to it though!

I'll probably stop in there in the next few days and say hi to Ben and introduce myself...

I'm glad to see Action is still going... it's been over a year now and they're still there...never know how something like a track/hobby shop will go...With as hot as it gets in the summer here, it astounds me that an indoor track hasn't flourished...I don't know if HA is flourishing, but they've been open longer than any other indoor track I can remember...

Ron
Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

AZ_Ron,

You got the times right and we'd love to have more folks out running on the carpet. We tend to run a lot of 19T TC out there with a few running stock right now. We only tend to run full out mod every once in a while. But with the Snowbirds comming up, I know at least Ben's gonna want to throw down some mod power!

We also have had a showing of 1/12 scale recently, mostly guys running stock, but we've had nights/afternoons where we actually have a 1/12 stock and 1/12 mod heat!

Welcome, the more the merrier....
Old 12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks RS... I've got a FT TC3 and a Schumacher Mission...very seriously thinking about 1/12... I think that's the only class I've never tried... oh, and 1/8 offroad... I'm planning on stopping by tonight to watch them run the gas cars and trucks and introduce myself and see if I can hook up with the RCTech regulars...

Ron
Old 12-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobby Action

Hobby Action races Wed at 7:00 and Sun at 1:00 on the carpet. We just recently converted the 82x40 ft area to a road course. With low turn out on the oval we decide to expand the on-road. We do have a on site tire truer and air compressor. We also have a motor lathe. There is pitting next to the track or in one of the pit rooms. We race stock,19T, Mod Touring, and started 12th scale racing. It would definitely be good to see more people racing on the carpet. If you need any help with set-up or tire selection, just call up to the shop and we can help you out. I even have several starting set-ups if you have never ran on carpet before. Hope to see ya soon.
Ben Bustamante
Hobby Action
480 829-1226
www.hobbyaction.com
Old 12-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Ben - Thanks for all of the info... For some reason I though you guys were racing on Saturday nights...

What car are you racing now? Last year at the crossover race you had some good runs with the TC3. I just picked up a TC4 which sounds to be very controversial on the rug... I have only run a few times on the carpet and that was with my Xray. I am willing to run on any class on carpet... if we are getting a good amount of people weekly count me in..

You may or may not know but I have a few digital camera's and a digital video camera. We can get some new up to date shots for the website and I can probably get some video hosting...

Lemme know if you may be interested...

Aaron
Old 12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I have done some testing with the "store owner's" TC4. I'm not sure what the AE boys ran into at Cleveland. They did seem to figure some of it out by the end. Just imagine if they had everything working awesome. When we first got them we had troubles making it free in the corners, but after raising the roll center (2 shim front and rear)the car came alive and is fast and very easy to drive. The TC4 is just not a TC3. It works and responds to changes differently. With time I think it will be very good on carpet. I though it was good on asphalt, and I had an almost stock set-up. X-Ray is a good car. There are several guys running them, but we can no longer get parts through our current distributors. As for the TC4, I helped someone build a kit off the parts we had on the wall since he didn't want to wait for the kits coming this week.
I'm currently working on getting some of parts of the carpet track up to par with what I think they should be(Repairs to roof,lights, area layout). Once that is done and everything is in order, new pictures and video will definitely be in order.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

How is the turn out in 1/12th scale? I'm looking to get back into racing.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

As of late there have been 4-6 12th scales showing up, but this Sunday we only had one.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Ben its cory,
What does Hobby Action have for 12th scales? I want to get a 12th scale to race on carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.