Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to build a nice civic replica need a chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Trying to build a nice civic replica need a chassis

So I have purchased and painted the tamiya 92-95 body style eg civic body pictured in my avatar. Its a 257 mm wheelbase. I have seen conflicting width measurements online 173mm, 180mm, 190mm dont have a ruler handy so idk?. Now I need to pick a chassis. It was made to fit the ff03 and the tt01, but there is not a local store for parts support. I want to run a brushless lipo setup for high speed parking lot fun. I may also one day be interested in learning drifting so the ff03 may be out. I read about the HPI E10 but it got a lot of bad reviews. If im overlooking a viable option please let me know. I really like the various yokomo replica wheels I have seen on ebay but Im not sure what they fit for sure. My other concern is lighting. I masked off and left the headlight and tail light sections of the body clear but no one makes premade backing reflectors so I have been experinmenting with plastics. I'm interested in the gt power led light kit but read that using a 2.4 ghz radio system may cause problems with it. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For realism, the ff03 would be my choice.
Even the ff01, but parts are harder to get.
If you wanna drift, the tt01 is a great choice.
Relatively cheap kit and lots of parts availability.