R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How do i fix my glitch on my helios??? HELP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/57079-how-do-i-fix-my-glitch-my-helios-help.html)

EngTat 12-08-2004 11:43 PM

How do i fix my glitch on my helios??? HELP

i have a helios radio pair up with ko2343 servo with vfs1 esc but my steering servo will glitch. plz help .thanks

daniz24 12-09-2004 08:26 AM

Check the receiver antenna position, or last thing to do is change your crystal.

MManson 12-09-2004 08:56 AM

how is the wiring for your steering servo routed?

EngTat 12-09-2004 09:19 AM

hi will the titanium srew causes glitch?

Hebiki 12-09-2004 09:26 AM

Re: How do i fix my glitch on my helios??? HELP

Originally posted by EngTat
i have a helios radio pair up with ko2343 servo with vfs1 esc but my steering servo will glitch. plz help .thanks
can you post a pic of your car? and how your electronics are set up?

Smalls 12-09-2004 07:30 PM

My friend had the same problem. We drove 5 hours to a regional race and he glitched all weekend with his helois. On the drive back, after being glitched out of 3 Q's ( never glitched with his R1 or 3PK with same car and gear )he turns to me and says.....

I figgured out how to get rid of the glitch with the Helois....
I replied with a How? He said.... One word...

Ebay.

Tommy Bergfeldt 12-09-2004 10:25 PM

Try to use a different Response System, try regular non AHSR, it's the switch behind the Module. The switch should be in the lower positon for nonhsr.

Do you have a personal transponder in the car? If it's close to the reciever you should move it to the front or something. Some people around here (including me) had some glitches when the PT was just a couple of centimeters away from the reciever :nod:

onebeatuptc3 12-10-2004 03:39 AM

Ive never had a single glitch with my Helios, i mean never, and its about 3 weeks old. Even inside a metal building i didnt have any glitches. Make sure that if your receiver is away from the antenna mount, that you insulate the antenna wire until it gets to the antenna mount. A piece of fuel tubing or the stripping of a wire can be slipped right and put on the wire to prevent interference. Beside that make sure that you arent running Super HRS with an older KO receiver. Also make sure that the antenna is still in one peice, because ive had a problem with my old futaba fm mircroreceiver, where the case would come apart, and it clipped my antenna wire.

If neither works, put a few capacitors on the motor, if that doesnt work, send it into ko.

cartmen34 12-10-2004 06:02 AM

Originally posted by Sparx
Try to use a different Response System, try regular non AHSR, it's the switch behind the Module. The switch should be in the lower positon for nonhsr.

Do you have a personal transponder in the car? If it's close to the reciever you should move it to the front or something. Some people around here (including me) had some glitches when the PT was just a couple of centimeters away from the reciever :nod:

I can attest to that. I made the mistake of practicing without my personal in my BJ4. I went out for my first qualifier and got glitches like crazy. I wound up having to move my personal transponder from the servo to half way back on the top deck of my chassis.

It certainly cured my glitches.

Jeff Cuffs 12-10-2004 06:47 AM

i glitched bad when my pt was close to my receiver, try moving the transponder aound the chassis.

Mr. Shookie 12-10-2004 06:52 AM

Or do what I did bought the spectrum system for the Helios. I will have it in January. It promisses No Glitching....I will be the first to try it locally and I guess I will be the ginny pig. Oh well If it suck them I will sent it back(horizon is good about those kind of things). If it ROCKS then I got the best bang for my buck, cause I have spent a couple of hundred $$$ trying to end the glitching game. Here is a quick helping hand. THE ANTENNA WIRE SHOULD NEVER TOUCH CARBON FIBER OR GRAFITE....INSULATE IT WITH FUEL TUBING AND MOUNT THE RECEIVER WITH AT LEAST TWO LAYERS OF SERVO TAPE(I USE THREE)AND LASTLY EITHER WRAP ALL SERVO AND ESC WIRES WITH SOMETHING( I USE BIG SRINK WRAP OR IN MY CARBON FIBER CHASSIS I USE FERRITE COILS (which do work if you get the ones that you wrap the wire around the coil not the ones you clip on the negative wires of your battery and motor(although they also can help from all of my tests)for this will eliminate the radio interfering noice that electronics can perduce)))...HOPE THIS HELPS....
Stephen <><

Hebiki 12-10-2004 11:09 AM

List of Glitch Killers

here we go... in easy to read format: (in no specific order)

1. move personal transponder as far away from the receiver as possible. (mine is mounted on the front bumpter)

2. antenna wire is in a tube/fuel tube so it doesnt touch any part of the chassis (until it goes into the antenna tube)

3. two layers of double sided tape where ever the receiver touches something else. (against the esc, servo, chassis)

4. capacitors, diodes... on the motor

5. properly break in your motor

6. receiver on its side, on top of the servo.. basically different locations.

7. that yokomo glitch killer thingymabob.

8. insulate all wires going (shrink wrap) into the receiver.

9. organize the wires. (shorten if necessary). or tie them up neatly with zip ties

10. check for any BENT pins on your crystals.

11. check for any BENT pins in your radio module (behind radio)

12. check for any BENT pins in the receiver

13. make sure you have a frequency clip :) and no one else has that same channel on. everything above will fail if someone turns on the same channel. :cry:

14. make sure radio antenna is not bent or broken.

15. add ferrite magnets to negative wires (motor and battery)

please add to this list if i missed something.

EngTat 12-11-2004 07:58 PM

finaly i find the culprit it was the motor fault. i dindt notive that when i was rebuiding my motor i drop of a pin of the internal capacitor of themotor, core mod. now i am using the revo and the problem is gone:)