Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Possible On-road Touring & 1/12 Scale racing in Bergen, Passaic County area of NJ >

Possible On-road Touring & 1/12 Scale racing in Bergen, Passaic County area of NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible On-road Touring & 1/12 Scale racing in Bergen, Passaic County area of NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Forgot to ask you all a question.

I know Indoor carpet is big in the winter when no one wants to drive there nitro cars in the cold but does it exist in anyones mind in the warmer months.

Please let me know all your feedback will help me in our decision making process.

Keep on racing!!!

leo
Old 12-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I think I can speak for the Surge guys that we would be more than willing to split our time in the Spring and Summer between Jackson and a good indoor club particularly if it's close.

I mean, between having to travel nearly two hours or thirty minutes, I know what I'm doing provided the competition is good.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: WOW I thought this was a pipe dream

Originally posted by Hypnomagic
Well, I must say thank you to all that have should interest. I am very glad to see that you all are as excited about this as I am. Now that i see that there is a big interest i will continue my pursuit.

As i said before I love the hobbie and am looking forward to making this happen.

I will keep you all posted. between working my real job and putting this together i have been very crazy busy especially this holiday season but i will keep up on it and keep you all posted.

Thanks to you all.
Yeah, this response doesnt surprise me at all.... if you'd see the increase in entries that Dirtrunners has gotten in the last year - holy cow! this hobby is BOOMING up here in North Jersey! Its such a shame that our Dirtrunner indoor track is small... it all has to do with where we were able to get space at a resonable price.... Space is just sooo damn expensive, as you no doubt know!
i think it'd be a great thing to have another indoor track to compliment Dirtrunners, and i'm sure we could co-exist, because we have a strong OVAL following...
Do you have any plans to run oval at your place, or will it be solely road course? i'd love to have oval racing during the week!

you ever come to visit Dirtrunners? i'm sure you could come by, race, and get an idea of what the whole thing is all about... it'll be a learning experience for sure!

-TOne
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't mind running electric in the summer months as long as it's nce and cool inside. Those summer months can be almost unbearable, even with an EZ-up and coolr full of drinks!

Put it this way, if it's easily accessable and the facilities are A+ ... count me in, even in the summer ... as long as there's sunday racing. Unfortunately, the track where I run indoor onroad only has the sunday races for the winter. Spring time comes and races revert back to only Friday nights.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Free Bump for a GReAT IDEA!!!!!!! whats the Dilly? how's the building search?

-Tone
Old 12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'd have to say that racing during the summer months indoor depends upon the track location. If the driving distance is the same to race fuel or electrics, I'll chose fuel.

I prefer to race 1/8th on-road during the summer months but I'm finding that its getting harder to find time to spend all day at a track.

Racing during the week in the evenings is definately in my cards. Personally, I just invested a ton of $$$ to get back into racing electric's and I hate to just have it all sitting around during the summer.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Also, keep in mind that an indoor track does not have to be limited to R/C cars. I've been to a few indoor flying events.

Last week an R/C plane club rented a school auditorium for 3-hrs, 75 guys showed up flying indoor helis and 3-d electric planes.

There is an electric flying club in Northern New Jersey that I'm sure would love to us the facility during the summer months, provided its big enough.

Keep this option in mind.