Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foam tire question-

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Foam tire question-

Are the dual shore tires really mandatory for carpet racing? Why don't racers just use a 40 shore or a purple up front. Is there any difference? and why?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

No !

And usually to get a "better" balance in the car

Having the hard portion of the tire on the outside stops the tire biting in so hard and thus easier to drive with.

Having the same tire front and rear can make the car alittle to aggressive for some people.

It a personnel preferrence thing but after saying that i very rarely see any tire combo other than cyan/magenta and plaid/purple used ;+)
Old 12-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

thanks!!! that's exactly why i started this thread. in asphalt the rubber tyres (around here) are usually CS-27's 24mm front and rear...but carpet is WAY different. when i raced regularly, i used Elligi 42F/40F combo. that was killer on a tight carpet track with an X-ray T1.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The hot ticket know is (Parma, TRC etc..)magenta and cyans or (Jaco)double pink/orange and double pink know.

Less side bite more forward bite.

Later,
Old 12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

I tend to use 42's on the front and 37's on the rear.... I tried Jaco Purple/Orange and Purple rear and the car was all over the place....
Old 12-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

wow!! you're like the only other person i know of who had this problem.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

I had many witnesses to what the change to the Jaco and then back to what I was running did.... It was a night and day difference in my car.... I'm actually going to try Dbl Pink/Orange and Dbl Pink.... This was on My Yok CGM, Haven't tried the Purple's on my Tc3....
Old 12-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

so the double pink compound is close to a 37 shore electric right? a local hobby shop here has the take-off (foams) and jaco nitro shoes both in 37 shore #'s. how many points do i drop (nitro) to equal the shore densities of electrics? i know it seems to be a lot of jibber-jabber, but i just know there are other tires to run than "just" jaco. just like the only motor to run in stock is a monster. there's just too many good companies out there not to rival jaco. and besides... the "other" tires...Elligi...HPI.....Speedmind...Take-off are several dollars cheaper too!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nomaak
so the double pink compound is close to a 37 shore electric right? a local hobby shop here has the take-off (foams) and jaco nitro shoes both in 37 shore #'s. how many points do i drop (nitro) to equal the shore densities of electrics? i know it seems to be a lot of jibber-jabber, but i just know there are other tires to run than "just" jaco. just like the only motor to run in stock is a monster. there's just too many good companies out there not to rival jaco. and besides... the "other" tires...Elligi...HPI.....Speedmind...Take-off are several dollars cheaper too!
I usually run Jacos, but Kevin K let me try out a set of T.M.'s on some sweet looking wheels (I believe they're larger) and they hooked up great. I'm sold... check'em out:
http://www.tm-rc-racingcomponents.com/
Old 12-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by nomaak

Our Nitro tires are competely different then our carpet sedan tires. I don't think you will have to much sucess running our Nitro Shoes on the rug, Also we do not make a 37 shore Nitro tire.

Feel free to try any other make of tires, many racers do, most come back to JACO. I can't tell you why people feel our tires are better, but they do. Look at the results of the largest race's in the world. ( Snowbirds and Cleveland)

Our tires have a lower retail ( unchanged in years) compared to TRC and others. And should be competitve in price.

Not to mention that we are the choice of most major manufactures. Team AE and Team XRAY use our tires exclusily. Atsushi Hara also picks JACO when he races foam.

If we are a dollar or more higher in a shop, it is most likly because the shop owner knows our name and products are worth it in the long run to the consumer!

Try a few different makes and see if you notice what others notice.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running Twister (nitro) tires on carpet on my Xray FK.
40's on the front and 37's on the rear (for $12 a pair they're worth a try).
Old 12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I always thought that a stiffer tire (ie the orange ring on the outside) provided more sidebite.

Per the comments above is this not true?
Old 12-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for taking the time to post guys. all the advice is A-1!!! so much positive feed-back i love it!!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone else tried team orions foams. i got a pair of 30mm 35 shores for the back and a pair of 26mm 37 shore for the front. so far i really like them. They have held up well and i only had a sligh chunk in the rear from smacking a pipe, nothing a little ca couldn't fix though. Also they are only 11 bux a pair.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Isn't all the foam for tires made by GRP of Italy? If so then all the foam is the same it just comes down to how the different companies mount and glue them.

Later,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.