Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Brushless RC Generator system >

Brushless RC Generator system

Brushless RC Generator system

Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Brushless RC Generator system

Dear buddies,

It is Mr Lee here. May I know any methods to prolong the running time of brushless battery ?

One alternative is to use a brushless motor powered generator to charge the batteries ? Viable ? It will be great to fly the brushless RC heli while charging the batteries at the same time. Infinite flight time.

Any other options ? Nowadays the greatest mah is 12000 mah. Max out abot 20 mins of Helicopter flight.

Thanks

Regards,
Prof Lee
Old 11-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vic88my
Dear buddies,

It is Mr Lee here. May I know any methods to prolong the running time of brushless battery ?

One alternative is to use a brushless motor powered generator to charge the batteries ? Viable ? It will be great to fly the brushless RC heli while charging the batteries at the same time. Infinite flight time.

Any other options ? Nowadays the greatest mah is 12000 mah. Max out abot 20 mins of Helicopter flight.

Thanks

Regards,
Prof Lee
I am working on a similar project in full-size cars. The car is powered by an electric motor that runs the front wheels, and the battery is re-charged by a generator attached to the rear wheels. In theory the car will run forever.

Unfortunately my prototypes are going no further than a conventional electric car. Any advice on how to acheive perpetual motion would be greatly appreciated.

Doctor S.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The problem here is that the motor and generator doesn't have 100% efficiency.

Plus, the front wheels are placed under more load because the back wheels are using the extra power for power generation. In other words, the theory seems flawless, but in reality, it's a bit counter intuitive.

What you can do is to have a regenerative motor. Meaning, the motor acts as a generator when the car slows down, which is the technology used in hybrids and electric cars/motorcycles these days.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The old perpetual motion myth......