Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TC4 or Pro 4

Which would you recommend, is the pro 4 worth the extra $

thanks
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

not that ive driven a tc4 but I feel the pro4 is well worth the extra $. In fact I just bought a second one.

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 12-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

HPI for sure. My Pro-4 is box stock and is dialed.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Oh yah the Pro4 is well worth the extra marginal cost. Look at all the people who are ditching there TC4 and going back to their old TC3's. Case in point Cleveland TQ and winning driver stk foam driver, Stephan Sobotka, shelved his TC4 and went back to the old TC3. The point is the TC4 has some bugs. You will enjoy the HPI much more.
Snowy.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey i have both the pro 4 and the tc4 and i say that both are good. man people are complaning about the tc4 and this crap and i say its a pretty good car. my tc4 now is just as fast or even faster than my pro 4 . i just need to dail in my tc4 i think its gonna take a little but ill get it dailed. i think the tc4 is a good onroad car. and the pro 4 is more for carpet . just my opionin
Old 12-08-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I see alot of complaining on the TC4 thread, but at my track the TC4 is running soooo fast. We dont have to many pro 4 if not any and all the people there just seem problems and its not running as fast as the Xrays' or TC4's.. The TC4 looks like a solid car and i have had the chance to drive one and it felt very nice. I have had the pro 4 in the past and just couldnt get it setup and to get to those diffs is a pain some times.... Just my opinion
Old 12-08-2004, 07:58 AM
X2
Tech Regular

All of the TC4's that I have seen have had problems from the box, and sound horrible, but im sure AE will have them fixed eventually. (also seen alot of diff gears melt, witch is odd)
The Pro4 seems to be very quick with little effort, and has no real major problems at all. 2nd and 3rd at the worlds, British and US championships all in its first year dont lie.
Up to you, but for now the Pro4 seems to have the edge, the TC4 will be more competitive after its teething problems are fixed. (and when the factory version comes out)
Old 12-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gotta go with the Pro 4. AE will make the TC4 competitive, but the Pro 4 is pretty well dialled outta the box, already. Plus you get all the GOOD stuff up front. You don't have to buy the car, then hunt down all the graphite stuff for it.

That and I still think that any car made from molded plastic looks like a Radio Shack special.

Carbon Fiber forever.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Tc4 i recon as it seems to be going well at the moment and when you build the car atleast you don't have to suerglue the chassis and file the cell slots which i just can't be bothered to do like on the pro4, and also the tc4 is cheaper and probably works just as well out of the box if not better for the price.

Chazz
Old 12-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Chazz
Tc4 i recon as it seems to be going well at the moment and when you build the car atleast you don't have to suerglue the chassis and file the cell slots which i just can't be bothered to do like on the pro4, and also the tc4 is cheaper and probably works just as well out of the box if not better for the price.

Chazz
One more thing you could probably waterproof the tc4 better than the pro4 as the tc4 is a tub chassis and maybe you could put a cover over the top of it

Chazz
Old 12-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

WHAT?

when i bought the pro4 and tried it out on the track it took me awhile to get it dailed in . i think the tc4 would be a better choice . pro 4 is just to competitive for a begginer
Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chazz

Chazz
Every carbon fiber chassis needs that! Duh.....

Actually the TC4 cannot work better out of the box. Maybe when the FT comes out, but not when the Team weighs more and has so many flaws.(check the TC4 thread)
Old 12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yea i know but i can't be bothered to file etc etc as i always get glue over my hands but i'd prep it etc if i got given it or i really wanted a carbon fibre chassis

Chazz
Old 12-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have had both cars. To really get down to it my PRO4 was fast but had tons of issues out of the box and so did my TC4. Mainly gears. Both companies have the problem fixed know.

It really is going to come down to how much you want to spend. We have both cars at our local track. The guy running a TC4 besides myself is pretty much the fastest car on the track. All plastic by the way. The next two are a PRO4 and a BMI Xray T1FK.

Both are evidently extremely capable cars.

Later,
Old 12-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Gotta go with the Pro 4. AE will make the TC4 competitive, but the Pro 4 is pretty well dialled outta the box, already. Plus you get all the GOOD stuff up front. You don't have to buy the car, then hunt down all the graphite stuff for it.

That and I still think that any car made from molded plastic looks like a Radio Shack special.

Carbon Fiber forever.
I have to second this comment!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.