Need help finding my next car >

Need help finding my next car

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrreet2001

Need help finding my next car

Old 07-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need help finding my next car

Good day all, new to this form website but not new to the hobby. It's been an RC for about 20 years off and on but pretty heavily over the last five. I currently have a dozen off road cars and even one snow cat. Now I'm looking for my next adventure.

I'd like to get into on road but more specifically just some parking lot fun. I won't be racing this car so sticking to if my rules is not important. Obviously I'll be running this in parking lots in my local street both of which are fairly clear stones but certainly not swept clean as a true trackwtrack be.

Most of my off-road cars have been someone modified and performances key. My car is see their fair share of abuse and always been waterproofed is that after I'm done bashing on them I can just hose them off. This on-road cars can be quite the opposite I hope. I don't want a shelf queen per se but I need something that's going to be somewhat durable.
I have been looking at the serpent 748 e primarily because it can take a 8th scale motor and I have a tekin RX8 sitting on my workbench just looking for a new home

I'd like something that is going to be quick off the line, handles like it's on railroad tracks, and probably even tickle that 100 mile per hour mark on occasion if I choose to gear it up.Most of the time this will be in a parking lot a pretty good size running on e hundred-yard course

I've spent quite a few nights browsing trying to look for cars but quite honestly at this point I'm not seeing exactly what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if there are any cars out there that fit the criteria is and are also a center drive shaft? Not that I don't like belts but I just don't have any experience with them and I did notice that on a few discussions they seem to be problematic with getting little stones in them or wearing out the gear drives.

I realize this is a long post but I'd sure appreciate any help or guidance that you could offer.
Thanks again.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

An Associated TC4 or Tamiya TA07 is your best option.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow I just reread my post, sorry about all of the weird syntax. Auto correct on my phone doesn't always work and I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't proof read very well,(obviously).
Thank you for your suggestions, now that I am home I will check out these options.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds like you are looking for an 1/8th scale GTe car of some sort. These are buggies converted to on road. There might be one out there that shares parts with what you own in off road.
dtr likes this.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like an interesting option. Any 1/8th GT's in mind
(electric of course)
Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The big boys make them. Mugen, Sepent and X-Ray. You already mentioned Serpent. Their car is the SRX8 GTE 1/8 EP. This thread will be able to provide you with a ton more info than I ever could. ---> GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!