Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Old 04-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What shocks will it use? I'm suprised it's this way vs. pushrod style. Pretty neat either way!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
What shocks will it use? I'm suprised it's this way vs. pushrod style. Pretty neat either way!
push-rod s like the fgx have the ability to accumulate a lot more play and slop overtime. Since the servo is in the front of the car and has the ability to adjust the Ackerman by sliding forward or back makes it hard to have push-rods both as low as possible and not in the way for a potentially moved servo...
Old 04-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, and pushrods would be more complex, many more parts (= much more expensive for the customer), sloppy and much heavier. Pushrods do look cool though so I'm sure someone would try to convert it to that
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi,

You realize I do race in the UF1 Series yes? I used it to TQ the last round of the UF1 2013 Summer series and received full points.

• All front suspension mount points must be located entirely within the body shell (no pan-car front suspension systems). Adjustable link front ends are OK as long as the inner mount point is located within the body. Custom ‘flared’ bodies are not legal.

• IFS suspension systems are now allowed in the UF1 Series as long as the car meets the rest of the UF1 rules.
Hi Mike, I appreciate the work you do, and I did realize you raced in the UF1. I had not read the rules properly apparently.

I still think the pushrod design (which to me = IFS) is much more cool, but I understand your rationale as well.

.............Aaaaaaaaaaand I may still purchase it
Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Hi Mike, I appreciate the work you do, and I did realize you raced in the UF1. I had not read the rules properly apparently.

I still think the pushrod design (which to me = IFS) is much more cool, but I understand your rationale as well.

.............Aaaaaaaaaaand I may still purchase it
Heheh thanks and I see your point as well! Regarding IFS, we are targeting the independent front suspension instead of the inline front suspension acronym.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Bummer, was hoping it would be something like the FGX IFS setup with maybe some revised servo mounting.

Oh well, I'll stick with my cheap $6 Tamiya front end. Going to do a shakedown run of my F1R2 this weekend on a parking lot track. Can't wait to compare it with my TRF101.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anybody know the length of the turnbuckles in the adjustable front arm set?
Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the difference like between ifs and standard setup? Just easier setup or more grip?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monsta
What is the difference like between ifs and standard setup? Just easier setup or more grip?
Way I understand it is that with IFS you can properly damper suspension movement thus have greater tyre contact with the road and more grip overall, particularly in bumpier conditions. You should also be able to have more suspension travel which assists with the above.

I'm curious if the new IFS set up will allow for pro dive/anti dive to be tuned?
Old 04-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Anybody know the length of the turnbuckles in the adjustable front arm set?
Stock is 24mm but you can use between 20-24mm lengths.

Originally Posted by Monsta
Smoother suspension due to more travel, much more linear spring action and actual damping. All means the car is much more predictable and easier to drive which may allow you to dial in more aggressive set ups to take advantage of this. In other words it will feel more like a race car! lol
Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Mike: I still can't keep my F1R2 from looping on corner exit, I have even switched back to full tamiya front end and removed and re-checked the rear, can't find anything untrue or tweaked. Any idea's??
Could I talk you into taking a quick look Sat at Speedtech race?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
Mike: I still can't keep my F1R2 from looping on corner exit, I have even switched back to full tamiya front end and removed and re-checked the rear, can't find anything untrue or tweaked. Any idea's??
For sure can take the car for a spin Sat! Just ask for me and anyone there should be able to point you my way.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, what diff balls and lube is everyone running when using exotek spur gear. Just curious. I have always used associated stealth lube but if there is something better I want to try something different. And now with the 3mm diff balls, are you using tamiya or something else. Carbide? Ceramic? Thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by craig santry
Hey guys, what diff balls and lube is everyone running when using exotek spur gear. Just curious. I have always used associated stealth lube but if there is something better I want to try something different. And now with the 3mm diff balls, are you using tamiya or something else. Carbide? Ceramic? Thanks
I just grabbed some 3mm ceramic balls and used the stealth lube. Diff feels *very* nice
Old 04-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I had this problem last weekend racing. I rebuilt the diff, changed bearings, check the pod for tweak etc and the only thing that I could think of was that it was the front tires I was using. I was running some newish Shimizu fronts and they simply gave me too much front grip so when I turned in the rear would snap loose. They got better after a couple of runs. When I went back to an older pair the problem stopped.

Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.