R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #1081
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

Hello
i did a full review for the exotek F1R2 here in french

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #1082
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Its summer! where do I buy this IFS for my F1r2?
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #1083
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Nice, looks like almost a clone setup of mines. Same electronics layout, R-sector wide setup, and steel shaft/counterweight. Even the stock arms and Xray servo saver!

I'm removing the wide setup though. I need a trailing axle setup for the front.
What is the advantage of a trailing axle setup?
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #1084
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

The IFS for the F1R2 has not been release yet (to my knowledge).
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #1085
Tech Initiate
 
alonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 42
Default

Hey guys. It took me a while to get to this point because I started reading the thread back from the beginning. I wanted to understand how the chassis progressed.

I keep seeing mention of the "Tamiya red spring that looks more orange". Would this be it.........http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1506


Zo
__________________
RC America - Hudy/Xray - Express Motorsports - Hyperdrive - BSR - Novak - Xtreme RC Racing - Boca Bearings - USVTA Member#123 - Xray fan boy
Engineering is like math.....Only louder.
alonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #1086
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,920
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
Hey guys. It took me a while to get to this point because I started reading the thread back from the beginning. I wanted to understand how the chassis progressed.

I keep seeing mention of the "Tamiya red spring that looks more orange". Would this be it.........http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1506


Zo
Yes, I believe that is the one Aaron uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon1981 View Post
Its summer! where do I buy this IFS for my F1r2?
We have all the metal parts in the warehouse. Still waiting for the molded parts to come in from the factory
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #1087
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

MikeR,
Is thete an update on the release date for the IFS?
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #1088
Tech Initiate
 
alonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 42
Default

Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for a quality conversion kit. I've purchased the F1R2 pro conversion and adjustable front arm set. Everything is top notch! With a donor F104, I'm pretty close to being set. I'm really interested in the IFS when it hits. I've got some questions about some parts, but will send those to the support email.


P.S. I plan to attend 2015 Snowbirds, so there will be at least one Exotek there.

Zo
__________________
RC America - Hudy/Xray - Express Motorsports - Hyperdrive - BSR - Novak - Xtreme RC Racing - Boca Bearings - USVTA Member#123 - Xray fan boy
Engineering is like math.....Only louder.
alonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #1089
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Regarding the new IFS, would this retrofit to a Tamiya chassis? Hoping it doesn't have locating tabs on the bottom so I can retrofit my F113 as well for a narrow setup. Maybe 3Racing will get serious about that narrow kit now.
TwoWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #1090
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

OK, I know that I'm a lazy bonehead, so we'll enter this discussion with that as a given.
I am trying to finish my F1R2 and had my Exotek spur arrive yesterday. I am using a Tamiya diff hub, etc on a Yeah Racing spring steel axle. I put a bearing in the gear. I put a bearing in the spur gear side of the hub. When I tightened it, everything bound and I had no diff action. Took it apart and tried again. Same. Pulled the bearing out of the spur gear side of the diff hub ("Hey! That spur gear has a shoulder on it! Maybe that is causing the problem?") and everything SEEMS to work fine. I am not confident that this is correct. Am I lucky, or still a bonehead?

Scott
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #1091
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
OK, I know that I'm a lazy bonehead, so we'll enter this discussion with that as a given.
I am trying to finish my F1R2 and had my Exotek spur arrive yesterday. I am using a Tamiya diff hub, etc on a Yeah Racing spring steel axle. I put a bearing in the gear. I put a bearing in the spur gear side of the hub. When I tightened it, everything bound and I had no diff action. Took it apart and tried again. Same. Pulled the bearing out of the spur gear side of the diff hub ("Hey! That spur gear has a shoulder on it! Maybe that is causing the problem?") and everything SEEMS to work fine. I am not confident that this is correct. Am I lucky, or still a bonehead?

Scott
Couldn't exactly understand what you were saying you changed in the assembly.... Assemble exactly how you would a normal Tamiya f104 differential. The shoulder on the spur gear should be facing outward. I'd double check the bearings are all seated properly?
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #1092
Tech Apprentice
 
IlikeF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Denver, CO 5280 Raceway
Posts: 75
Default

Hi Mike,

Will the IFS be legal to run at IIC? (if it is out by then)

Any idea on the price?

Thanks,
Nick
IlikeF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #1093
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
I think you would be ok with a conversion F1 chassis. It is mainly all locals and practice is free. I think they mainly just want to stay away from mod x-ray sedans and that type of crowd. Saturdays at Tamiya are more for fun and relaxing. And hey Im sure its got Tamiya parts on it anyways! lol

This is typically my base setup at Tamiya
I find that starting with fresh rubber is best there. So newer tires would make your day a lot more enjoyable!

Front:
3.5mm hide height
8.5 degrees caster
Associated 0.016 front springs (normally my go to spring)
-1.5 degrees camber
2 degrees toe out
Standard Tamiya In-line front axle
2mm bump steer (the steering links should be slightly pointing down toward the center of the car at hide height \ servo /)

Main Shock:
3-hole piston
25 weight (Associated oil)
Tamiya fluorescent Red Spring (looks like orange though)
1mm droop (thread lock the spring retainer onto the shock shaft)
raise the rear female ball stud 6mm for better shock movement

Side Suspension:
Associated kit silver spring
10 oil in dampers
No washers under any of the side links

Rear Pod:
Long Wheelbase
31/88 gearing (64 pitch)
Associated Diff lube on diff balls
4.0 mm ride height

Tires:
pit 72 rear with tamiya kit medium tire. (belt removed with stock foam)
I sauce the tires with buggy grip
Cleaned with Tuning Haus Tire Cleaner/ Conditioner

Other:
Asphalt I run no weight on the winglet. It is actually a pretty huge change in how the car drives
Reedy Sonic 2 Motor
Reedy short pack mounted forward
LRP SXX V2 mounted in the back with optional 3-barrel capacitor
X-ray servo saver
Tamiya F2012 Step nose body, rear wing, and front nose piece. I run the McLaren front wing (The holes line up between nose-piece and wing)
Thanks for the setup. What width/rims are you running?
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #1094
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,920
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheel View Post
Regarding the new IFS, would this retrofit to a Tamiya chassis? Hoping it doesn't have locating tabs on the bottom so I can retrofit my F113 as well for a narrow setup. Maybe 3Racing will get serious about that narrow kit now.
Ours does have locating tabs and will bolt onto the F104 but the servo mounting would need to be converted to F1R2 style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeF1 View Post
Hi Mike,

Will the IFS be legal to run at IIC? (if it is out by then)

Any idea on the price?

Thanks,
Nick
IFS is legal for UF1 and it seems IIC are using UF1 rules but that's all I know.

Price is something that needs to be worked out along with a release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for a quality conversion kit. I've purchased the F1R2 pro conversion and adjustable front arm set. Everything is top notch! With a donor F104, I'm pretty close to being set. I'm really interested in the IFS when it hits. I've got some questions about some parts, but will send those to the support email.


P.S. I plan to attend 2015 Snowbirds, so there will be at least one Exotek there.

Zo
Go get 'em!
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #1095
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,
just bought an f1r2 on the forum and this will be my first formula car.
Got a few questions though:
1. any weak points/ parts I need to get as spares
2. Which height adjusters fit? I got a tonload of 1/12th ones but will these work in the rear?
3. front springs the same, do 1/12th or pro10 front springs fit?

For the rest I hope, just another pancar ;-)

Thanks
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9322 12-08-2016 04:16 PM
Carpet Racing in Southern Illinois!!! jrp Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3135 12-08-2016 09:01 AM
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2199 08-27-2016 04:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0