R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What shocks will it use? I'm suprised it's this way vs. pushrod style. Pretty neat either way!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #992
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38 View Post
What shocks will it use? I'm suprised it's this way vs. pushrod style. Pretty neat either way!
push-rod s like the fgx have the ability to accumulate a lot more play and slop overtime. Since the servo is in the front of the car and has the ability to adjust the Ackerman by sliding forward or back makes it hard to have push-rods both as low as possible and not in the way for a potentially moved servo...
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes, and pushrods would be more complex, many more parts (= much more expensive for the customer), sloppy and much heavier. Pushrods do look cool though so I'm sure someone would try to convert it to that

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #994
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi,

You realize I do race in the UF1 Series yes? I used it to TQ the last round of the UF1 2013 Summer series and received full points.

• All front suspension mount points must be located entirely within the body shell (no pan-car front suspension systems). Adjustable link front ends are OK as long as the inner mount point is located within the body. Custom ‘flared’ bodies are not legal.

• IFS suspension systems are now allowed in the UF1 Series as long as the car meets the rest of the UF1 rules.
Hi Mike, I appreciate the work you do, and I did realize you raced in the UF1. I had not read the rules properly apparently.

I still think the pushrod design (which to me = IFS) is much more cool, but I understand your rationale as well.

.............Aaaaaaaaaaand I may still purchase it
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #995
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon1981 View Post
Hi Mike, I appreciate the work you do, and I did realize you raced in the UF1. I had not read the rules properly apparently.

I still think the pushrod design (which to me = IFS) is much more cool, but I understand your rationale as well.

.............Aaaaaaaaaaand I may still purchase it
Heheh thanks and I see your point as well! Regarding IFS, we are targeting the independent front suspension instead of the inline front suspension acronym.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 04-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #996
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Bummer, was hoping it would be something like the FGX IFS setup with maybe some revised servo mounting.

Oh well, I'll stick with my cheap $6 Tamiya front end. Going to do a shakedown run of my F1R2 this weekend on a parking lot track. Can't wait to compare it with my TRF101.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #997
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anybody know the length of the turnbuckles in the adjustable front arm set?
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #998
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the difference like between ifs and standard setup? Just easier setup or more grip?
HR31 Skyline - 350Kw RB30DET, 1130kg and 255 wide R comp tyres... needs more traction!
Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #999
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
What is the difference like between ifs and standard setup? Just easier setup or more grip?
Way I understand it is that with IFS you can properly damper suspension movement thus have greater tyre contact with the road and more grip overall, particularly in bumpier conditions. You should also be able to have more suspension travel which assists with the above.

I'm curious if the new IFS set up will allow for pro dive/anti dive to be tuned?
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #1000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Anybody know the length of the turnbuckles in the adjustable front arm set?
Stock is 24mm but you can use between 20-24mm lengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Smoother suspension due to more travel, much more linear spring action and actual damping. All means the car is much more predictable and easier to drive which may allow you to dial in more aggressive set ups to take advantage of this. In other words it will feel more like a race car! lol

Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #1001
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Mike: I still can't keep my F1R2 from looping on corner exit, I have even switched back to full tamiya front end and removed and re-checked the rear, can't find anything untrue or tweaked. Any idea's??
Could I talk you into taking a quick look Sat at Speedtech race?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #1002
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Mike: I still can't keep my F1R2 from looping on corner exit, I have even switched back to full tamiya front end and removed and re-checked the rear, can't find anything untrue or tweaked. Any idea's??
For sure can take the car for a spin Sat! Just ask for me and anyone there should be able to point you my way.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #1003
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, what diff balls and lube is everyone running when using exotek spur gear. Just curious. I have always used associated stealth lube but if there is something better I want to try something different. And now with the 3mm diff balls, are you using tamiya or something else. Carbide? Ceramic? Thanks
craig santry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #1004
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig santry View Post
Hey guys, what diff balls and lube is everyone running when using exotek spur gear. Just curious. I have always used associated stealth lube but if there is something better I want to try something different. And now with the 3mm diff balls, are you using tamiya or something else. Carbide? Ceramic? Thanks
I just grabbed some 3mm ceramic balls and used the stealth lube. Diff feels *very* nice
PDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #1005
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I had this problem last weekend racing. I rebuilt the diff, changed bearings, check the pod for tweak etc and the only thing that I could think of was that it was the front tires I was using. I was running some newish Shimizu fronts and they simply gave me too much front grip so when I turned in the rear would snap loose. They got better after a couple of runs. When I went back to an older pair the problem stopped.

Just a thought.
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote