R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #721
Tech Regular
 
Mechintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 329
Default

Just picked up an F1R. When running on Med to High grip carpet, my inside rear wheel is picking up causing the car to "Diff" out. The car corners awesome but I can not get back on the power as soon as I would like. Any suggestions to help solve this issue.

Pits 571/572
RH 4.8mm
White/Red Tamiya center spring with Upgrade shock
Black Side springs - AE
Shorty towards the rear
Soft Tamiya Springs up front
Steel Axle
Roll tube, not shock. Tamiya upgraded version
2 Camber
__________________
Xray T4-14,T4-15, X1
Pro Mini Truggy Mid Motor Mafia Xfactory
Serpent SRX4, 811 TE-e
Kyosho RB6, MP9e TKi
Mechintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #722
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,239
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
Just picked up an F1R. When running on Med to High grip carpet, my inside rear wheel is picking up causing the car to "Diff" out. The car corners awesome but I can not get back on the power as soon as I would like. Any suggestions to help solve this issue.

Pits 571/572
RH 4.8mm
White/Red Tamiya center spring with Upgrade shock
Black Side springs - AE
Shorty towards the rear
Soft Tamiya Springs up front
Steel Axle
Roll tube, not shock. Tamiya upgraded version
2 Camber
Try heavier oil in the damper tube and stiffer side springs. I currently run Blue AE side springs and 80K in the tube. If the rear is still lifting/loose try a stiffer center spring.

Just moving the battery forward will help a lot with the problem. I run my pack full forward almost everywhere I've run.

Good luck!
__________________
Futaba, O.S. Engines, Tornado Fuel, Schumacher Racing, SpeedPassion USA, Eggroll Inc., Desoto Racing, Vesselli Racing
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #723
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
Just picked up an F1R. When running on Med to High grip carpet, my inside rear wheel is picking up causing the car to "Diff" out. The car corners awesome but I can not get back on the power as soon as I would like. Any suggestions to help solve this issue.

Pits 571/572
RH 4.8mm
White/Red Tamiya center spring with Upgrade shock
Black Side springs - AE
Shorty towards the rear
Soft Tamiya Springs up front
Steel Axle
Roll tube, not shock. Tamiya upgraded version
2 Camber
Pretty common for the F104 Tamiya ball dif on high grip carpet. The F104 ball diff tends to be too free. Tighten it up or better yet install a F103 ball diff (still works with 104 wheels). F103 style thrust bearing doesnt counter spin so easily, when tightened, thus giving you better launch out of corners
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #724
Tech Regular
 
Mechintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 329
Default

I added the Thrust Bearing, and I am running it as tight as I can get it. I am still "diffing" out. Will continue to work on it.

With my 104v2, I had almost no steering even with the battery forward, with this F1r I am no traction rolling with the battery in the rear. What is the best way to tame the traction roll?
__________________
Xray T4-14,T4-15, X1
Pro Mini Truggy Mid Motor Mafia Xfactory
Serpent SRX4, 811 TE-e
Kyosho RB6, MP9e TKi
Mechintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #725
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,402
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
I added the Thrust Bearing, and I am running it as tight as I can get it. I am still "diffing" out. Will continue to work on it.

With my 104v2, I had almost no steering even with the battery forward, with this F1r I am no traction rolling with the battery in the rear. What is the best way to tame the traction roll?
Battery forward glue outsides of front tires
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #726
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Testing going well. More updates to follow. Eta Nov 2013.

http://www.exotekracing.com/news.php?newsid=17

November is here, we are all curoius as to what you've come up with.....
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #727
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
November is here, we are all curoius as to what you've come up with.....
+1
RS_ZACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #728
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 30
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
November is here, we are all curoius as to what you've come up with.....
Very curious!
Stoph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #729
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

+1 keen to hear some news.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #730
Tech Adept
 
wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: orange county
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Testing going well. More updates to follow. Eta Nov 2013.

http://www.exotekracing.com/news.php?newsid=17

Man that car looks familiar from somewhere... Cannot wait!!!!
__________________
Aaron Lane
Team Associated | Exotek | AKA | LRP | Airtronics l OCRC l Sticky Kicks l
B5m | B44.3 | Exotek F1R3 l TC7
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #731
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Emden, Germany
Posts: 47
Default

Hello

I'm searching for the "EXOTEK F1R steering crank set [1178]"!
It's no more avaible here in Germany...
Anyone got one or better two for sell?
Please PM.

Regards, Gero
Gero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #732
Tech Regular
 
Mechintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 329
Default

Moved Battery forward to gain in steering and reduce the traction roll. Running 571/572's which I have the front sidewall CA'd. Initial turn in is awesome, but at med to high speed middle off the steering goes away. If I run the non CA'd tires, car rolls over. Any suggestions how to pick up the steerng on the ed high speed corners? Maybe I am just over driving the car. I am about .4 off the really fast cars at my local track.

The diff still diffs out with the thrust bearing. I just got a new F103 setup and will swap out. Hopefully it is just worn spring washers.
__________________
Xray T4-14,T4-15, X1
Pro Mini Truggy Mid Motor Mafia Xfactory
Serpent SRX4, 811 TE-e
Kyosho RB6, MP9e TKi
Mechintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #733
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
Moved Battery forward to gain in steering and reduce the traction roll. Running 571/572's which I have the front sidewall CA'd. Initial turn in is awesome, but at med to high speed middle off the steering goes away. If I run the non CA'd tires, car rolls over. Any suggestions how to pick up the steerng on the ed high speed corners? Maybe I am just over driving the car. I am about .4 off the really fast cars at my local track.

The diff still diffs out with the thrust bearing. I just got a new F103 setup and will swap out. Hopefully it is just worn spring washers.
Make sure you have the correct diff balls? Stock spur gear 3mm diff balls, Kimbrough spur 1/8 diff balls. I made this same mistake and it drove me crazy.
__________________
JOHN's MOBILE RACEWAY | 180 RACEWAY | Jackson RC Track
Murnan Modified because HP is intoxicating!!! | VP RACE FUEL |
G-FORCE HOBBIES | Fordham Hobbies | ASHFORD HOBBY | TEAM CAMDEN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #734
Tech Adept
 
wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: orange county
Posts: 227
Default

Hey guys check out the website for pictures of the new car!!!

http://www.exotekracing.com/f1r2-pro...ion-eta-dec-3/
__________________
Aaron Lane
Team Associated | Exotek | AKA | LRP | Airtronics l OCRC l Sticky Kicks l
B5m | B44.3 | Exotek F1R3 l TC7
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #735
Tech Fanatic
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

saw that earlier as well, car looks fantastic!
__________________
http://www.trautengineering.com/ http://www.toledooneeighthracers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/nrtv20
One Eigth Racers of Toledo; Hobby Stop West Track; "The Gate" NORCAR
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Carpet Racing in Southern Illinois!!! jrp Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3134 12-01-2016 09:51 AM
Tamiya F103 Forum TFR Electric On-Road 2199 08-27-2016 04:27 AM
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9319 05-03-2016 07:22 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0