Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone know if the F1R2 is allowed on the Tamiya track??? I've added the IFS and it barely is a Tamiya any more. Interested in joining you fellas for the Tuning Haus race but would like to get some track time in first...this being my first F1 and all
Old 09-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Anyone know if the F1R2 is allowed on the Tamiya track??? I've added the IFS and it barely is a Tamiya any more. Interested in joining you fellas for the Tuning Haus race but would like to get some track time in first...this being my first F1 and all
Not at a TCS race but at non TCS race yes.You can race it at the Tuning Haus party at the end of the month at the Tamiya track you should be able to race. It. I am thinking about g'oing.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes technically it is a conversion for the F104 so they are allowing you to practice on Saturdays for now. We try to run as many Tamiya hop ups as we can as well- all the pretty Tamiya blue keeps you in the Tamiya club

Bring it out to the Tuning Haus race. Should be pretty easy going and a good F1 learning experience!
Old 09-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hello
Just picked a F1R2, I will be racing on a large and rough asphalt nitro track. Ride height will have to be near 6mm or so. Can some one link me to a good asphalt setup or give me a good setup
Thanks for any further information
idbdoug
Old 09-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.f1italianseries.it/#!New-...f2f7a6a92d7b65

Looks like the IFS will be illegal in europe. I hope it doesn't catch on here .
Old 09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

http://www.f1italianseries.it/#!New-...f2f7a6a92d7b65

Looks like the IFS will be illegal in europe. I hope it doesn't catch on here .
Yes that's the same rule as last year for ETS only. ETS has the bungled Ride tire only rule also . Many in the EU, USA, Australia and Asia are using IFS outside of that series.

The whole reason F1 caught on was the scale realism of the class. What is more scale and realistic than a working suspension?
Old 09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Hello
Just picked a F1R2, I will be racing on a large and rough asphalt nitro track. Ride height will have to be near 6mm or so. Can some one link me to a good asphalt setup or give me a good setup
Thanks for any further information
idbdoug
email sent
Old 09-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Had my fist crack at F1 this weekend at the Tamiya track. Took a couple of laps and it was.....AWFUL! I was spinning out everywhere. So my friend came up to me and told me you need to drive it differently. You mean I can't drive it like I stole it??!!!!!! So I hand him the controller and takes a couple laps. Gives me back my controller and says the car seems fine. GRRRRRR!!! So there is much I need to learn...especially throttle control...and to not yank the throttle while turning. By the third pack I was getting the hang of it. F1 certainly takes finesse. By the 5th pack my lap times were coming down but consistency wasn't there. Haven't driven on-road in ages but it was fun as hell! And the scale realism was so cool. Can't wait for this Saturday!!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Had my fist crack at F1 this weekend at the Tamiya track. Took a couple of laps and it was.....AWFUL! I was spinning out everywhere. So my friend came up to me and told me you need to drive it differently. You mean I can't drive it like I stole it??!!!!!! So I hand him the controller and takes a couple laps. Gives me back my controller and says the car seems fine. GRRRRRR!!! So there is much I need to learn...especially throttle control...and to not yank the throttle while turning. By the third pack I was getting the hang of it. F1 certainly takes finesse. By the 5th pack my lap times were coming down but consistency wasn't there. Haven't driven on-road in ages but it was fun as hell! And the scale realism was so cool. Can't wait for this Saturday!!
F1 will make you a very good driver if you stick with it!

Pit by Aaron and I if you wish. We usually pit under the awning by the ramp of the drivers stand.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeR
F1 will make you a very good driver if you stick with it!

Pit by Aaron and I if you wish. We usually pit under the awning by the ramp of the drivers stand.
Thanks for the invite Mike! I'm going to try to stick to F1 at least for the winter series and go from there.

Currently I'm running Aaron's setup with 20wt oil, flouro spring and 1mm of pod droop. I want to lock up the rear just a tad more. Will adding more rear droop help much? Or should I try to play with the front end and try to take out steering instead?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the invite Mike! I'm going to try to stick to F1 at least for the winter series and go from there.

Currently I'm running Aaron's setup with 20wt oil, flouro spring and 1mm of pod droop. I want to lock up the rear just a tad more. Will adding more rear droop help much? Or should I try to play with the front end and try to take out steering instead?
What tires are you running? Was it asphalt or carpet? Tires are huge deal

Here's my Tamiya track set up;

https://app.box.com/s/tt4jthl1sxlkzl12cx5ubwg06fg0w5so
Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

I was running at the Tamiya track with the "kit" front tires(belt removed) and 72 rears.

Hmmm...Looking at your setup there are some big differences between Aaron's. You're running the short wheelbase? Also how do I measure front droop? Or rather where should I measure front droop?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible since I've had very limited track time. After this I'll be running carpet so all this will be thrown out the window haha.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

I was running at the Tamiya track with the "kit" front tires(belt removed) and 72 rears.

Hmmm...Looking at your setup there are some big differences between Aaron's. You're running the short wheelbase? Also how do I measure front droop? Or rather where should I measure front droop?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible since I've had very limited track time. After this I'll be running carpet so all this will be thrown out the window haha.
On some days the belted kit fronts works better because the track is not sprayed

Short WB gets better on power traction but also better mid corner rotation.

I measure under the lowest part of the front arm- no wheels, chassis on the board.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MikeR
What tires are you running? Was it asphalt or carpet? Tires are huge deal

Here's my Tamiya track set up;

https://app.box.com/s/tt4jthl1sxlkzl12cx5ubwg06fg0w5so
Mike: on your setup, I assume you are using the IFS option machined damper rods? if so how many spacers and how long is the tube with the ball end screwed on?

Also crc blue is 20k, yes?

thanks!
Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
Mike: on your setup, I assume you are using the IFS option machined damper rods? if so how many spacers and how long is the tube with the ball end screwed on?

Also crc blue is 20k, yes?

thanks!
Hi,

I dont have my car here at the shop but from memory it is the option machined rods yes. Not sure what CRC rates their fluid as.
The ball end is unthreaded by about 3mm off of the damper tube to raise the ride height because of the softer springs I am testing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.