New Protoform body

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Protoform body

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 05:24 PM

Default No more Alfa...

Kevin is correct. It all started with Horizon not wanting to sell anymore non-licensed products. If that's the case, the other manufacturer's better have a licensed body or it's goodbye to all the Alfa's...as far as Horizon is concerned.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, either that or the others will have to rename their Alfa's(which wouldn't surprise me)...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default PROTOform Stratus 3.0

Its not much of a secret that we've got a new Stratus body. Check out the Proline/PROTOform web site on Dec. 15th for the first images. Eli Ezrow, Chuck Lonergan and Chris Doseck will all have pre-production bodies in the next few days. (These 3 guys are among the few sponsored on-road drivers that still understand what product sponsorship is "supposed" to be all about. It's kinda sad there's so few out there that "get it".) Communication and feed-back - both positive and negative - is all that we expect from our sponsored drivers. It's the best way I know of to improve the product for you, the racer.
I was a little bummed that we couldn't debut the 3.0 body in Cleveland. The pattern was finished in August, which I thought would give us plenty of time, but alas, the licensing people took their sweet time before giving the ok. But hey - thats life.
I hope you guys like it.

Dale Epp - PROTOform

oh ya - edseb - the reason that the Vauxhall BTCC body costs a little more is the fact that it comes with injection molded wing struts and the required mounting hardware.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats cool, Ill have to check out chucks prototype.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Sponsorship...

Bingo! Could you hit the nail more on the head! At least there are a few that actually "understand it". See you on Thursday Dale.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Dale!,
I lost your mailadress after the worlds. It seems as I need it... Please mail me.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:59 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
might be similar to the new ride stratus3...if so then it should be very quick..ive heard good things about the new ride stratus3
what is Ride Stratus3? If itīs MK III than it isnīt new. If itīs new then anything other than MK III.
Anybody know about this? Dave?
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

I recieved mine today. This body looks like it should be the hook up on the rug. I will know more after the weekend.

Walter
Old 12-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dale,thanks for the update.Your work is truly amazing!Looking forward to the 3.0. Jay (record boat guy)
http://gallery.intlwaters.com/index.php?cat=10060
Old 12-13-2004, 07:40 AM

Default Stratus 3.0

I just spent the last three days sharing a room with the new Protoform Stratus 3.0 (and Dale Epps as well). This new body is absolutely amazing!!!

I don't think there could be any more detail put into this body. The more you look the more you notice. The trick stuff that is incorperated into this body should make a big difference in handling. Make sure you get one on order now, because they are going to fly out of the hobby stores!!

I will post some pics soon.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:51 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any pictures from the Stratus 3.0 available?
Old 12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Only 2 more sleeps!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Dale, I understand what you mean by the sponsored drivers part. I was at the PRI show over the weekend...If i knew who you were I would have hunted you down and got a peak at the new bod! In the real racing world I have seen guys loose sponsorships and cry about it when in other peoples eye they see that person really doesnt promote the product at all. Dale, keep those guys you got and do whatever you gotta do to keep them happy and get the feedback. And whatever happend to that aston martin and all those other cool bodies?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by PROMODVETTE
Dale, I understand what you mean by the sponsored drivers part. I was at the PRI show over the weekend...If i knew who you were I would have hunted you down and got a peak at the new bod! In the real racing world I have seen guys loose sponsorships and cry about it when in other peoples eye they see that person really doesnt promote the product at all. Dale, keep those guys you got and do whatever you gotta do to keep them happy and get the feedback. And whatever happend to that aston martin and all those other cool bodies?
Sponsorship is not just about freebees.

It is all about promoting as well as improving the product AND protecting the name. The body industry from my point of view, is VERY tough. Every time a new body is released it is a gamble. Dale relies on his own abilities and knowledge as WELL as the people who run for him for feedback (positive and negative) to create the best bodies avalible. To hear I ( a relatively unknown driver) was one of a very few to tell him there was somthing out there that had an edge on carpet is crazy..

KB
Old 12-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

exactly! Dale seems to be a very professional guy who knows what hes doing. I mean just look at what hes got goin for him! I wish I had people dyin to see a new body im coming out with and have the skills this guy has.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.