Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO,,ESC,,MOTOR..WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default LIPO,,ESC,,MOTOR..WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

if you wanted more speed what would you buy 1st..a bigger lipo....a better motor or a high end esc
Old 11-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You'll need to be more specific. Are you racing? if so what class?
What equipment are you currently using?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Esc, motor, lipo
Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tires.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by locked
You'll need to be more specific. Are you racing? if so what class?
What equipment are you currently using?
sorry..blinky 17.5 & blinky 21.5..(usgt)..mmp.. gen ace 5000 40c..duo 2's
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Tires.
to get more speed i need tires??
Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

For blinky, motor and battery are more important than esc choice. A free drivetrain is very important. Correct gearing is very important.

Your battery should be alright. Duo2 isn't a bad motor, but a ReVtech will be faster. Especially if you crank the can timing past the plus sign.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

In blinky, esc is not going to make much difference. Work on gearing, timing, set-up and driving with what you have. If you're still slow, look at motor and battery.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
if you wanted more speed what would you buy 1st..a bigger lipo....a better motor or a high end esc
Track time.

Edit to add not just turning laps either. Work on things hitting your marks, line choice, braking, and accelerating.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks! all..i think imma start with a better lipo...the guys i run with was useing 5800 70 or 6000 60c packs & the punch/speed was insane
Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, of all the things you listed, changing one or the other is going to at best give you 1 second per lap change, tires on the other hand is going to give you up to 3 seconds per lap, just by using better tires in a compound that suits the surface and temperature. The difference between 1 blinky mode esc, 17.5T motor and lipo is minimal and all things being equal, the place you will gain the most speed for the least investment is in gearing and tires. Those two things right there are about 95% of everything, with the other 5% made up of setup and choice of motor, esc and lipo.

As an example, a RTR out of the box on my local track did say 33 second laps, changed from nmhi to lipo gave 1 second improvement, changed tires gave 2.5 sec improvement, changed from stock brushed motor to brushless stock spec combo gave 1 second improvement, changed gearing have 2 seconds improvement, gave it a good setup, ride height, toe, camber gave another second improvement, this left the car about 1.5 seconds off the pace of the good drivers, of all the things, tires gave the most increase.

Now this might all mean nothing to you, but, you gave no idea of where your car is at in terms of your development of it and so i have assumed that it is in its infancy where the things i mentioned will make a lot of difference.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Yes, of all the things you listed, changing one or the other is going to at best give you 1 second per lap change, tires on the other hand is going to give you up to 3 seconds per lap, just by using better tires in a compound that suits the surface and temperature. The difference between 1 blinky mode esc, 17.5T motor and lipo is minimal and all things being equal, the place you will gain the most speed for the least investment is in gearing and tires. Those two things right there are about 95% of everything, with the other 5% made up of setup and choice of motor, esc and lipo.

As an example, a RTR out of the box on my local track did say 33 second laps, changed from nmhi to lipo gave 1 second improvement, changed tires gave 2.5 sec improvement, changed from stock brushed motor to brushless stock spec combo gave 1 second improvement, changed gearing have 2 seconds improvement, gave it a good setup, ride height, toe, camber gave another second improvement, this left the car about 1.5 seconds off the pace of the good drivers, of all the things, tires gave the most increase.

Now this might all mean nothing to you, but, you gave no idea of where your car is at in terms of your development of it and so i have assumed that it is in its infancy where the things i mentioned will make a lot of difference.
Tires in GT are spec'd, and in 17.5 blinky there are only three choices allowed at the tracks in our area.

In any Blinky class it runs like this:

1. Motor. Not all motors are created equal, and even motors from the same batch can run very differently.

2. Battery. In a class with limited HP, Voltage is VERY important.

3. ESC. At least a mid level ESC is advisable. Tekin RS, Viper VTX10, LRP Stock Spec, etc. In Limited HP classes you wanna make sure every available electron makes it from your battery to your motor.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

I've also been told that a properly painted wing is good for .2 a lap in the 21.5 GT class.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Tires in GT are spec'd, and in 17.5 blinky there are only three choices allowed at the tracks in our area.

In any Blinky class it runs like this:

1. Motor. Not all motors are created equal, and even motors from the same batch can run very differently.

2. Battery. In a class with limited HP, Voltage is VERY important.

3. ESC. At least a mid level ESC is advisable. Tekin RS, Viper VTX10, LRP Stock Spec, etc. In Limited HP classes you wanna make sure every available electron makes it from your battery to your motor.
thanks!! these are my thoughts...so imma try...NEW & BIGGER LIPO..(5800 70C PACK)
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yes ..if running touring .. should not miss it. good tire will give you more grip less slip on taking corner or on acceleration .. so you will have faster corner & faster acceleration ..

but on electronic also need good electronic equipment in one package ... ESC, motor & lipo ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.