Best bearings for TC4 ? >

Best bearings for TC4 ?

Best bearings for TC4 ?

Old 12-03-2004, 11:10 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Best bearings for TC4 ?

I am looking into possible getting the ceramic bearings for the TC4. Does anyone know who to get them from ? Possible part #'s would help too.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

www.acerracing.com
Old 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IF YOU GET THE CERAMIC BEARINGS make sure for the outside bearings closest to the whhels you use the regular ones, unless you are a great driver, i have seen the ceramic bearings granade a few times by a large dose of boards. and everyone hits the boards(sometimes with alittle help from others) but trust me ceramics are smooth like butter you will love them
Old 12-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

www.surgeworldwide.com
Old 12-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Aren't the Surge bearings not yet available? Order portion of the website still says Coming Soon.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kerry
IF YOU GET THE CERAMIC BEARINGS make sure for the outside bearings closest to the whhels you use the regular ones, unless you are a great driver, i have seen the ceramic bearings granade a few times by a large dose of boards. and everyone hits the boards(sometimes with alittle help from others) but trust me ceramics are smooth like butter you will love them
I cannot imagine that you are talking about the Acer bearings. I have hit the wall as hard as anyone and have never blown an Acer Ceramic bearing. I have been using the same set on my TC3 for the last 2.5 years and have never had to replace one (and I was constantly replacing castor blocks).
Old 12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Whats wrong with the stock bearings!? i use the rubber sealed stock bearings remove one side (seal) clean the shit out of it lube it with good bearing oil, and i get 26 seconds of free spin! i hit the sprur gear with 85PSI till it wont spin any faster, tell my buddy to start the stop watch, and 26+ seconds later it finally stops, try taking the shims out of the drive shaft cups also. i tried acers a while back and they were terrible all bound up tried cleaning them, soaking them lubing them breaking them in everything, the acer tech guys told me to and i had to send them back & get my 100+$ back, just work with the stockers u can get them to zing!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Stick with the stock bearings......silly. Nothing wrong with them.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

I've used the stock bearings in my TC3 for 2 years with no problems. I oil them once or twice a year. No problems.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Opinions are like Arm Pits
Every one has a couple and most of them stink.
This guy wants ceramic bearings, He doesn't want stock ones.
I have found that even though you can free up your stock ones to more so called zing but what you fail to understand is that ceramics weight less which in turn reduces the amount of energy to rotate the same abject. HENCE the reason every good driver I know drives with ceramics. I am included in that.
Yes ceramics take a bit more maintance, you must keep them clean (as with every bearing)
I have found that the ones for my Yokomo SD that are sold by Yokomo have been the ones that are best suited for my car.
Now as for your TC4 I would check with AVID bearings or even Boco, but I think more pros use Avid than anything else. Give them a call if you are having trouble finding the right sizes.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Opinions are like Arm Pits
Every one has a couple and most of them stink.
This guy wants ceramic bearings, He doesn't want stock ones.
I have found that even though you can free up your stock ones to more so called zing but what you fail to understand is that ceramics weight less which in turn reduces the amount of energy to rotate the same abject. HENCE the reason every good driver I know drives with ceramics. I am included in that.
Yes ceramics take a bit more maintance, you must keep them clean (as with every bearing)
I have found that the ones for my Yokomo SD that are sold by Yokomo have been the ones that are best suited for my car.
Now as for your TC4 I would check with AVID bearings or even Boco, but I think more pros use Avid than anything else. Give them a call if you are having trouble finding the right sizes.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
I was unaware that Avid sells Ceramic bearing...they are not listed on their website. Do you havee more information?
Old 12-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My bad your right I was thinking BOCO for Ceramics and AVID for standard. Got my head on sideways this morning. I need more coffee.
BUT YEA GOT TO BOCO THEY WILL HOOK YOU UP.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default ceramic bearings

Boca(not boco) bearing makes a relatively inexspensive ceramic bearing set for the tc-3 that works for the tc-4 for about 200 bucks they are called "lightning" and you can get them metal shielded or rubber shielded.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

$200 for bearings is inexpensive?!?! Acers are $100 and are awesome.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Aren't the Surge bearings not yet available? Order portion of the website still says Coming Soon.
The Surge kits for the TC3/TC4 should be avail on the website on or around Dec 15th. Metal shielded, grade 5, superior quality.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.