R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Tech Regular
Default Lemans racing at Revelation Raceway

I am testing the waters, so to speak, to see if there would be any interest in running an electric modified Lemans class at Revelation Raceway in Montclair, CA. This class would feature Lemans style racing on the big Revelation track using low wind modified motors. Lemans has always been my favorite full size racing class, and I love the bodies on my car so I was hoping to see if there was any like minded individuals with the same interests. I belive that it would be an awesome class of racing, featuring high speeds, by using a sharp looking, and aerodynamic body combined with high rpm modified motor.
Included in this post is a picture to hopefully draw some interest to this club that I would like to start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lemans_small.jpg (5.5 KB, 155 views)
jackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

What brand and model of body shell would you use? Here in New Zealand we race that very class and it is called Super Touring. We use the Frewer Lola and Lolitta body shells alot and they really stick alot better than the touring car body shells. There are two problems though, these bodyshells are made at 200mm wide and the extra grip you gain dumps your battery pack about 30 secs approx earlier than in touring mod. But the good thing is that you can turn lap times about 1/2 a sec quicker than in touring mod, at least at my track that is. At the moment I am on the lookout for a good 190mm wide LeMans style body shell to use in Super Touring. Any suggestions???
Team Tekin www.teamtekin.com
B-Fast R/C Performance www.bfastrc.com
AKA www.raceaka.com
Ryper Hobbies www.ryperhobbies.com.au
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I would also like to know that, I love lemans racing.

Mossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
Tech Regular

I always wanted to run a class with the Tamiya F103 lemans bodies.19t and about eight cars would be cool as h***
teammediocre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Lemans racing would be awesome but the only body that fits a 190mm sedan and maybe not available anymore is the CLK prototype. Good luck finding the cool Audi, Bentley or Toyota prototypes... Our big shock towers up front pretty much rules out these types of bodies.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #6

look into the hpi super electrics, they already have the bodies you want to fit that chassis.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
Tech Regular

I am fitting the frewer body, porsche 962...i dunno what exact model. Anyhow, I painted it up and I am going to be running with it on my electric tc3, yes the body is 200mm but..it really doesn't seem to look that bad. Granted the wheels looked like the are pushed in a little bit but I still think it looks great. These are my favorite cars so I am willing to make a comprimise.
I think it would be awesome to see a class of nothing but these bodies going at forty miles per hour, while being electric powered! It would really be an incredible sight.
I also think that it would be cool to run endurance races just like they do at the 24 hour lemans. Of course we wouldn't run that long, but we could certainly try like a 24 minute lemans.
It would just be great to try something new and be different!
I don't think you are going find a lemans racing body in 190mm, but as Steve told me from speedtech hobbies, sometimes they are about five millimeters off, give or take....so you just have to see what works and what doesn't. I got my body from his shop for only 15.99! ( shameless plug) So I really thought it was worth trying. I will post pics once I get it all painted up.
jackfast is offline   Reply With Quote