Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad >

Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad

Like Tree1Likes

Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad

Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Man03
Obviously you've never worked with carbon fiber. If it "cracks into pieces" it's not carbon fiber, it's probably graphite.

I'm also not "just" trying to get too 100 where one run I can't and one I can and its unstable. I am doing it in a way that will work every time and be stable and consistent.
And Obviously you never ran a car over 100mph because you would know its all about finding the smoothest and flatest road you can because no matter how much R&D and how much Carbon Fiber you put in it all it takes is one small hump in the road for your car to become a Kite.

XO-1's have a solid bottom chassis but they go sailing just as easy as any other car.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Totally different platform will not work nothing is the same. I've already look
into it.

SNR
Steve, will you be making a 360mm chassis for those that want to switch from the stock wheelbase to the longer bodies
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jahno30
Steve, will you be making a 360mm chassis for those that want to switch from the stock wheelbase to the longer bodies
Yes I can do that if there is enough request.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voltron989
And Obviously you never ran a car over 100mph because you would know its all about finding the smoothest and flatest road you can because no matter how much R&D and how much Carbon Fiber you put in it all it takes is one small hump in the road for your car to become a Kite.

XO-1's have a solid bottom chassis but they go sailing just as easy as any other car.
Lol and again you show that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm already doing 80 on my very bumpy and uneven road. It's about balance and downforce. If hitting bumps sends you flying that means the car is either not balanced or depends on 1 system too much to keep it planted, in the XO-1's case the under body diffuser. If it gets too much air under it, that's all it has and it's gone.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Man03
Lol and again you show that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm already doing 80 on my very bumpy and uneven road. It's about balance and downforce. If hitting bumps sends you flying that means the car is either not balanced or depends on 1 system too much to keep it planted, in the XO-1's case the under body diffuser. If it gets too much air under it, that's all it has and it's gone.
Lmao 80mph and 100mph+ is a big difference
I'm not talking about little bumps on the road, I went over 100 on GPS on a concrete street which isn't smooth at all. Each expansion joint is basically a bump. I'm talking about soft crests,waives, humps or what ever you like to call them. Most roads aren't perfectly flat especially ashpalt roads. As soon as the nose of the car reaches the top of a hump in the road the car will lift off the ground. Your custom chassis will only help it take off lol.

I ran the car 5 times over 100 back to back with out it lifting off the ground and it was totally unbalanced with 2 3s batteries strapped together and no mods to the chassis. A XO1 is balanced with side by side 3s packs, a solid chassis and front end spoiler for down force but why do they lift off the ground?

Anyways good luck with your project
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They lift off the ground because too much air pressure is accumulating beneath the car. Sometimes the front and rear wings cannot overcome this tremendous pressure down below. On another note, I just got a new Inferno GT2 VE rolling chassis. I can't seem to find the right forum for that car, though. Help!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

I have so many builds going on it's ridiculous lol. But at least I won't get bored working on just one thing...downside is nothing gets completed efficiently!

I'm just brainstorming here, and wondering what I would need to turn the our DM-1 Spec E's into an off-road rally car that would also handle tarmac decently as well. The front end being a canti design would limit definitely my travel. Also the exposed chassis would easily pick up debris but I can certainly cover that up with custom cut lexan and dirt shields.

Anyone have some ideas on how I can do this conversion? Also body wise would be a tad difficult to find.

Our wheelbase sits right at 324mm. Wheelbase for any Inferno GT2 is 360mm. Wheelbase for Inferno GT1 is 325mm so I was thinking using the Subaru IGT1 shell?

Or the IGT1 BMW M3 shell would look okay for rally.

Anyone else have ideas?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

can u edumacate me as to why u think the cantilever suspension would limit travel?...i specifically bought a DM1 with dual front/rear cantilever suspension because i like that Traxxas Revo look and feel...i love the low profile suspension travel and that was the only reason why i went the route i did...i like the dm1-e..but...hated that tower suspension and would never go that route...

and if u want to go offroad rally...i wouldn't do a dm1 conversion...i didn't want to convert my revo-e to gt onroad because they're two very different cars...that's why i bought the dm1...it's great to tinker with if ur a gearhead and want to be different...but...this dm1 to me...is purely onroad...it would never withstand the bashing like a revo would...and the revo would never have the finesse that this dm1 would onroad...but...just my two cents...

Originally Posted by alexchen86
I have so many builds going on it's ridiculous lol. But at least I won't get bored working on just one thing...downside is nothing gets completed efficiently!

I'm just brainstorming here, and wondering what I would need to turn the our DM-1 Spec E's into an off-road rally car that would also handle tarmac decently as well. The front end being a canti design would limit definitely my travel. Also the exposed chassis would easily pick up debris but I can certainly cover that up with custom cut lexan and dirt shields.

Anyone have some ideas on how I can do this conversion? Also body wise would be a tad difficult to find.

Our wheelbase sits right at 324mm. Wheelbase for any Inferno GT2 is 360mm. Wheelbase for Inferno GT1 is 325mm so I was thinking using the Subaru IGT1 shell?

Anyone else have ideas?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Yea I should have thought that one out before buying the DM-1 Spec E. At the time I was anticipating on racing our GT class here but all the drivers pretty much flaked out...and not too many areas where I live with a giant on-road track.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Good luck on finding one of these!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Alright folks...i figure i'd share this with u guys and ask for some advice...should i cut out the body and use the HPI wheels n tires or should i go with stock?...

my plan is to retro fit as much traxxas parts as i can on this chassis...now this is how the X0-1 should have been built...those HIP wheels seems huge...but for some reason...they look great on my Revo (which is 1/10th scale???)...i figure a 1/7th scale onroad car should at least have some decent beefy wheels...no?...i may cut out the body to see how sexy the fit looks...

i specifically purchased this because to me...it's a clone of the Revo...only more finessed...more elegant...and sexy as hell...those Revo like cantilever suspensions...totally giving me a boner...i paid a pretty penny to get that setup...but it is well worth it...

i removed all the nitro junk...will be ordering a RC monster single speed setup...and will be outfitting it with a Tenshock X812 6 pole sensored motor and tekin rx8 esc...i'm gonna build a custom under armor panel ala X01...and i'm gonna see if i can reach 150+ on this thing...yeah...i know...it's an outrageous number...but...u gotta dream big right?...ha ha...
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

... and will be outfitting it with a Tenshock X812 6 pole sensored motor and tekin rx8 esc ...
Has anybody tried that combination ?

How does it work ?

Sensored or not ?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's an interesting concept you're trying for there, IvVaum. You certainly don't want those giant HPI wheels on a 1/8 GT car. They look good on the Revo because the Revo is basically a truggy. Do those cantilever suspension setups outperform the larger big-bore shock/tower setups?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I've read almost all pages here regarding this car but could not find (or missed) what optional parts you would recommand from your experience. I love aluminum parts but can't find anything on the web. Perhaps other cars from Ofna have compatible parts ?
Thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CobraWasHere
That's an interesting concept you're trying for there, IvVaum. You certainly don't want those giant HPI wheels on a 1/8 GT car. They look good on the Revo because the Revo is basically a truggy. Do those cantilever suspension setups outperform the larger big-bore shock/tower setups?

i don't know if they "out perform"...but to me...the cantilever shocks do the job just as well as regular shocks...and on my revo-e...it can take 15 to 20 feet jumps without breaking a sweat...but those shocks are 15mm while these dm1 shocks are 13mm...

with the dm1 being on-road and not built to take big jumps...i think the 13mm cantilever will do the job just fine...but again...i've never raced these things so i don't know...i'm sure the pure racers can tell u every micrometer of change between the two...

i got the cantilever set up...becos it's different...and sexy as hell...and that's the most important part...the part in which all of a sudden u notice that ur grinning from ear to ear for no apparent reason other than owning the darn thing.....yeah...that's the most important part...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.