R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #76
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
There red washers, you can pick them up from amain. Thanks.
Thanks Vision.
__________________
Associated RC8Te - MMM 2200kv
OFNA DM-1 Spec e
ml8163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #77
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
OFNA has a full line of anodize washer and nuts to dress your car up.

http://www.ofna.com/parts.php
Thanks SNR.
__________________
Associated RC8Te - MMM 2200kv
OFNA DM-1 Spec e
ml8163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #78
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 192
Lightbulb Differences...

Ok, I can see the difference in suspension layout on this vs the GTP2e, but how different is the handling of the two cars, also is one better at high speeds than the other and why?

Thanks!!
brushless55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #79
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Ok, I can see the difference in suspension layout on this vs the GTP2e, but how different is the handling of the two cars, also is one better at high speeds than the other and why?

Thanks!!
I had the the GTPe and I didn't care for it. I picked up the DM1e and love it!! I never could get the GTPe set right so I sold it. The DM1e just seems more planted to me, very responsive.
omalley72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #80
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
I had the the GTPe and I didn't care for it. I picked up the DM1e and love it!! I never could get the GTPe set right so I sold it. The DM1e just seems more planted to me, very responsive.
Did you have the rear pbs on the gtp2e?
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #81
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Did you have the rear pbs on the gtp2e?
It was stock. I have to say that I did give up on it rather quickly though.
omalley72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #82
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
It was stock. I have to say that I did give up on it rather quickly though.
I agree stock is horrible, with the rear pbs it's night and day, glad your happy with the dm, thinking of buy a nitro dm to do a my own conversion,
if I bought a dm-e I'd change alot on it to make it not worth buying and e over a nitro IDK, still tossing the idea.

Last edited by Joat; 12-26-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 AM   #83
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
I agree stock is horrible, with the rear pbs it's night and day,
I would like to know what is better about the rear PBS ??
With the stock rear setup I can get 3*
Do I need more then 3* of toe in ??
Looks to me like you would need a good setup station to get and keep the rear toe right, also the sway bar is strange.

Thank you for any advice.

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 12-26-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #84
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
I had the the GTPe and I didn't care for it. I picked up the DM1e and love it!! I never could get the GTPe set right so I sold it. The DM1e just seems more planted to me, very responsive.
thanks for your input..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Did you have the rear pbs on the gtp2e?
ok, help me out... what is PDS?
brushless55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #85
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: sunny qld. Oz
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Looks great. Have you checked its top speed yet?
Iam looking at getting one just for carparks & speed runs.
Getting a XO-1 takes the fun out of trying it your own way. Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin250x View Post
my dm-1e . snr chassis, castle 2650, mmp,6s .25t p 45t sp. gt worrier body. what you guys think? goal is to keep up with my xo-1 lol


__________________
E-revo BL, Jato 3.3, Rustler vxl, HB ve8 HHH chassis, CC mamba monster + CC 2200kv, 6s weapon. HB D8 Hara, Os 21VZB. HB D8T,JS 23
HPI Baja 5T 30.5 , team chase cage, dom 5t pipe, 2 speed.
HPI Baja 5B SS, stock 26CC, vrc side pipe.
All controlled by Sanwa M11X.
leebrushless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #86
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: sunny qld. Oz
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Did you give it a try? speed ? Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncracer409 View Post
Just ran the car it did very well on the 27t pinion i just put the 30t pinion on gonna try it today
__________________
E-revo BL, Jato 3.3, Rustler vxl, HB ve8 HHH chassis, CC mamba monster + CC 2200kv, 6s weapon. HB D8 Hara, Os 21VZB. HB D8T,JS 23
HPI Baja 5T 30.5 , team chase cage, dom 5t pipe, 2 speed.
HPI Baja 5B SS, stock 26CC, vrc side pipe.
All controlled by Sanwa M11X.
leebrushless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #87
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
I would like to know what is better about the rear PBS ??
With the stock rear setup I can get 3*
Do I need more then 3* of toe in ??
Looks to me like you would need a good setup station to get and keep the rear toe right, also the sway bar is strange.

Thank you for any advice.
Not about toe, the pbs is so much smoother just like the front, barely any slop,you dont have to run the torsion style sway bars if you dont want too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
thanks for your input..



ok, help me out... what is PDS?
PBS not PDS,
Pillow
Ball
Suspension
The DM1 runs front and rear PBS, the gtp2 e or nitro runs pbs front and rear is a option, the gtp-dirt oval is pbs front and rear
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 192
Default

Ok so maybe the Dirt Oval could handle similar to the DM-1 ?
brushless55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #89
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Not about toe, the pbs is so much smoother just like the front, barely any slop,you dont have to run the torsion style sway bars if you dont want too.
Thank you Joat
I changed the hinge pins size and the upper links and have no slop, it's also just as smooth as the front pbs.
I'm still not sure why I need pbs in the rear, I have the kit ready to go on but I want to know what will be faster on the the track and why before I put it on.
My car is very very good now, I could just put it on an see for myself where it's faster but I'd like to know what to look for.


Thanks again
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #90
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
Thank you Joat
I changed the hinge pins size and the upper links and have no slop, it's also just as smooth as the front pbs.
I'm still not sure why I need pbs in the rear, I have the kit ready to go on but I want to know what will be faster on the the track and why before I put it on.
My car is very very good now, I could just put it on an see for myself where it's faster but I'd like to know what to look for.


Thanks again
Maybe you dont? if your car is handling great then leave it,You need someone like SNR to chime in on it ,what did you use for upper links, mine are getting sloppy
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~1/8 Scale On-Road GT Picture Thread~ Justpassedu Electric On-Road 163 12-30-2015 10:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net