Search
Like Tree1Likes

Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Just wanting to be sure is all, It seems the laydown shocks would actually be taller in overall height than a uprights up front (but I'm just speculating), and I was wondering about the back clearance as well as I had indicated.

Thanks!
You are correct in thinking the lay down shocks are taller than the stand up. Not sure I can check that for you as all my cars have the stand up shocks.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
You are correct in thinking the lay down shocks are taller than the stand up. Not sure I can check that for you as all my cars have the stand up shocks.
Could a person upgrade the DM1 with a carbon SNR tower kit to uprights?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Could a person upgrade the DM1 with a carbon SNR tower kit to uprights?
Yes or mine at www.Darksidems.com
Old 04-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks, Let me look in to your stuff
Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, Let me look in to your stuff
If you purchase the shock tower for the front, I'll give you one of the OFNA metal rear stand up shock towers to use the longer rear shocks on the car. I've got a few of these, so the deal goes until I'm out of parts.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

If you purchase the shock tower for the front, I'll give you one of the OFNA metal rear stand up shock towers to use the longer rear shocks on the car. I've got a few of these, so the deal goes until I'm out of parts.
I had a look at the 902 - OFNA DM-1 Shock Tower, does that need to be cut down to be used up front? It seems it would be rather high up front with the longer holes/ears that were designed for the back.

Whats this aluminum tower and longer shocks all about? The 902 seems like it would allow a longer shock already.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

I had a look at the 902 - OFNA DM-1 Shock Tower, does that need to be cut down to be used up front? It seems it would be rather high up front with the longer holes/ears that were designed for the back.

Whats this aluminum tower and longer shocks all about? The 902 seems like it would allow a longer shock already.
Really the tower does not go up much more for the rear shocks, but if you want you can cut off the outer 6 holes as they are used for the rear. Still far below any of the bodys unless you run very high ground clearance and slam the body. I normally run 10/12mm and at that the tires will hit the inside of the body at full compression and the tower will not be touching the body (DP8, Alpha R3 or Protoform).

On the rear of the DM1 Spec, it had laydown shocks in the front but stand up shocks in the rear. So it came with a metal mount to use the rear shocks. Same shocks in the laydown version used in the 1/7 scal and electric car.

The carbon fiber shock tower uses a short front shock in the rear. Cuts down on weight, helps stand up the shock more than the long shock and you dont have to use really heavy oil to get the rear end planted. So all positive.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Okay, thanks for all that. I was thinking of getting the DM1 Spec Electric so it would have the standup shocks in the back.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone use the Castle CC1518 1800kv motor in this car?
thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Okay, thanks for all that. I was thinking of getting the DM1 Spec Electric so it would have the standup shocks in the back.
Yes, you are correct.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, you are correct.
Thanks for your help regarding this... If I get the DM-1 I'll certainly look you up for the stand up kit.

I find it ironic that I'm looking to add yet another 325mm chassis to my garage. I'm not a big fan of the chubby looks of the bodies, but have become accustomed to them.

I have considered a GT2 Ve2 360mm one just for the more scale look, but it seems bodies there are pretty limited. A person can't win
Old 04-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for your help regarding this... If I get the DM-1 I'll certainly look you up for the stand up kit.

I find it ironic that I'm looking to add yet another 325mm chassis to my garage. I'm not a big fan of the chubby looks of the bodies, but have become accustomed to them.

I have considered a GT2 Ve2 360mm one just for the more scale look, but it seems bodies there are pretty limited. A person can't win
Have you seen the new Blitz GT body on Desotos web site? Or the new OFNA body for the X3?
Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Have you seen the new Blitz GT body on Desotos web site? Or the new OFNA body for the X3?
Yes, remember I bought 2 X3's? While I was at it I bought another DP8 to take advantage of shipping.

This is why I'm looking for another chassis to hang them on? The X3 while nice, is really chubby and has sections that just are out of proportion, but I can get over it. I was asking if it would fit the DM-1....

This is my current DP8, it one of the better proportioned GT1 bodies I think

Here it is next to my XO-1, it looks chubby all of a sudden, granted the XO is 410mm

This is my Sweep P1L, which I don't mind at all and proportion wise is the best so far

I've seen the Biltz, and its promising, but not one of my favorites. I really like the Kyosho infernos for their scale looks. I'm not a racer and just a basher so those things are important to me.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Hello from Portugal!
Man, if i buy a new OFNA DM-1 E and want to make it a speed demon, but not only a single pass, just a speed basher till baterys dries out!

What can i do to have a 4092 leopard motor and a XL2 ESC on 8s.

Can you resume it?
And what spur size/pinion.... this is a spool car with no central diff...

I wonder how it brakes? Break pinion/spur? or of course i am missing something!?
Ok...
Glad to see some people working on metal for Rc's that haven't options for those lunatic we are!

Peace!

Originally Posted by koval
Hello from greece,
i have seen many people during the past years converting dm-1's for high speed passes ,problem as everybody knows is that we cant gear up our dm-1's with the stock motor mount .
This is a motor mount that i made especially for the castle 1717 bl motor and huge pinion gears up to 40t.

I also made another motor mount for 1/8 type motors like leopard 40 series or castle 1515

In the next days there ll be ready a battery tray for 8s lipo and hv esc's like castle xl2 .
This motor mount can be placed so as the motor is faced to the front or in the rear side of the car without any modifications .

Any suggestions for the battery trays will be helpfull cause i ve made some prototypes but the final product is not ready yet ,think that a double side battery trays backwards and the motor attached to the front will be identical especially for the 1/7 dm-1 .

More details of the conversion at http://brushlessmaniac.blogspot.gr/2...brushless.html
Old 05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

I was asking if it would fit the DM-1...
I ran a DP8 on an X3, and after removing the X3 rear body post and putting on part of the DM1 rear mount (bolts in place) I can move the body between the two chassis, so I think it should work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.