Just thought I'd update this thread with my progress of a high speed car utilizing the DM-1 chassis.
The car started as an OFNA DM-1e, and still retains the driveline from it.
First I started with just a flat bottom CF chassis:
Then I started working on developing a Venturi Tunnel chassis so I wouldn't have to use so much drag inducing wings and other downforce measures. This is what I call "mark 2" of that chassis:
Here's the top:
I was able to easily do 65.7mph as registered by GPS with this chassis and was able to actually take high speed corners at that speed without the car freaking out. That was only on 4S with a crappy motor.
I'm now on "mark 3" of the tunnel chassis. It has dramatically deeper tunnels, better molding and such. The CF had to be laid down in pieces with my equipment so it's not as smooth as a pro-finished piece. The picture looks a lot messier than it really is, but it is smooth. Now I'm just making some other changes before I get some testing done.
I now have a Castle Mamba XL2 (up to 8S) and a 8S capable motor if I decide to go that high. I'm near a 1:1 gear ratio and if I have a long enough stretch and if the motor holds together, I think this will be near 120-130mph.
Here's a YouTube clip I made of the last test runs of the mk2 chassis: