R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #226
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

no...i don't plan to do half the stuff i'm asking...i'm just surprised that u guy's haven't...i know what my capabilities are...and they ain't that much...but i've seen some of the other sites...and so...i was just guessing that since this site is so popular...that it would be that way too...

i appreciate all ur guy's advice...if the teacher is yelling at u...they're yelling at u for a reason...it's so that they can get their point across to you through your thick head...and yes...there's a lot to learn...

if there's one thing i've learned...it's that competition breeds better products and causes the ingenuity to go wild..

i love the design of the DM1...i love that cantilever shock system...it's unique...and to me...on a car...it's sexy as hell...i specifically purchased the nitro version that was converted to brushless because of the front/rear cantilever set up...why would u not want to keep that setup?...i mean...who on the market has that setup besides the revo...(i'm certain there are...but i just haven't seen them in my limited experience)...

and to bmr4life...i'm glad ur able to save and make money on ur purchases...kudos to u bud...but i wasn't able to duplicate what you've done...i'm impatient...i can't wait for things...if i see it...and i love it...then i reserve cash for it and i get it...i don't go all out stupid crazy...but...if u love something...pursue it...life is too freaking short to wait and have that yearning want feel...

i do plan on doing some mods on this thing...and will have fun doing it...half the fun is the wrenching...but i know my limits (spent an all nighter shimming a diff and cursed it all the way thru...but ended up happy as heck because i did it to the best of my ability)...

and what i like to see from these forums and from the net...is just other people's experience and the pain they went through to achieve their goals...and that's pretty much it...i'm not here to boast...to argue...to condemn...but rather...just share with ur guy's experience...
IvVaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

I second that! GRP tires are bad ass. That's usually what I run on my 1/5 they make a mean rubber compound!! On my OFNA DM-1 spec E I just tried the belted Sweeps in hard compound and after one 5000mah 4s pack stock gearing and mild driving on the street the rears were pretty much bald (about 15% tread) and the fronts only had about 30% tread left.

Now I'm about to try the OFNA medium blue foams...ppl around here run those commonly.

Here's some pics...
MMM/2200KV
Hitec 7955TG
5000mah 4s
Sweep Belted Treaded EXP 55 Deg on Black 6ix-Pak Wheels

Last edited by alexchen86; 11-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #228
Tech Adept

Hey M3Man03...saw those wheels n tires...is it better to get them preglued...or u do it urself....i've never done a tire job b4...so have no clue...but i've always wanted to do one...

and what does this mean: ROK 6ix-Pak Black Spoke HARD [+$8.99] vs Black 6ix-Pak Spoke [+$8.99]

i love this setup...saw the wheel on one of the pics that i googled...was wondering where they got it...now i know..thanks!!!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #229
Tech Adept

alexchen...that is a bad@$$ set up and a bad@$$ car...thanks for sharing...love those pics...nothing better than seeing what other people have done to their cars...

quick question for u though...why do people not cut off the extra body post sticking out of their cars?...i suppose it's cos so u can put other bodies on it...but...is there another reason?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #230
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default GT-V2e upgrade

Does anyone know if the knew gt-v2 chassis would be a direct replacement with the old dm-1 spec? Obviously the driveshafts needs to be replaced. just wondering if the holes would line up with the gt-v2 without any mods. I really like how it looks so much more balance and plus i can slap the kyosho audi r8 body on it.
BadPanda818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #231
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
alexchen...that is a bad@$$ set up and a bad@$$ car...thanks for sharing...love those pics...nothing better than seeing what other people have done to their cars...

quick question for u though...why do people not cut off the extra body post sticking out of their cars?...i suppose it's cos so u can put other bodies on it...but...is there another reason?
Exactly. Since I'm not sure what exactly I have planned for this car either rally beast or land rocket I'm leaving my options open for different bodies. Then again the kit gives you a ton of spare posts and parts lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #232
Tech Adept

has anyone tried these?...these are supposedly for the hpi baja...but was wondering if it would fit the DM1???

Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #233
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Exactly. Since I'm not sure what exactly I have planned for this car either rally beast or land rocket I'm leaving my options open for different bodies. Then again the kit gives you a ton of spare posts and parts lol.
oh i c...so...u can cut down right?...and does ur have the side body protector/support?...i saw on another forum a guy with a revo-e had to build one so that the body doesn't wobble in that area...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #234
Tech Master

Yes depending on your body though...since the wing supports on the stock body may not line up with the holes you have on that spoiler. Ppl have been putting Baja spoilers on 1/10 Traxxas monster trucks for years...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #235
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPanda818 View Post
Does anyone know if the knew gt-v2 chassis would be a direct replacement with the old dm-1 spec? Obviously the driveshafts needs to be replaced. just wondering if the holes would line up with the gt-v2 without any mods. I really like how it looks so much more balance and plus i can slap the kyosho audi r8 body on it.
see...this is what i mean...this is all german to me..i need to pick up on these lingos....
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #236
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Yes depending on your body though...since the wing supports on the stock body may not line up with the holes you have on that spoiler. Ppl have been putting Baja spoilers on 1/10 Traxxas monster trucks for years...
yeah i was thinking about getting one for my revo-e...still haven't won a bid yet...but i'm also still waiting for a vantage racing wing and haven't found one yet...but now i'm thinking this thing would look great on the dm1 with the tekno wing mount...what do u think?...will it fit?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #237
Tech Adept

how about this?

Due to its specially shaped recessed centre section this rear wing is extremely rigid and strong. The "step" in this wing contributes to the air flow in the rear area of 1/5 cars with a removed rear window, providing an optimized down force the rear. Of course, the wing’s angle can be adjusted to suit the requirements of the track condition.

The mf - Race Line series is developed by the current European Champion Markus Feldmann. Once again Markus Feldmann won the European Championship 2009 in Brooksland / United Kingdom.

these are super pricey...but...come on...i know u guys have lots of cash...i've seen ur toys...u know u want this...

can someone try it out n let us know how well it fits and how well it works...

price: *gulps* $161 USD...ouch!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #238
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPanda818 View Post

Totally different platform will not work nothing is the same. I've already look
into it.

SNR
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #239
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
how about this?

Due to its specially shaped recessed centre section this rear wing is extremely rigid and strong. The "step" in this wing contributes to the air flow in the rear area of 1/5 cars with a removed rear window, providing an optimized down force the rear. Of course, the wing’s angle can be adjusted to suit the requirements of the track condition.

The mf - Race Line series is developed by the current European Champion Markus Feldmann. Once again Markus Feldmann won the European Championship 2009 in Brooksland / United Kingdom.

these are super pricey...but...come on...i know u guys have lots of cash...i've seen ur toys...u know u want this...

can someone try it out n let us know how well it fits and how well it works...

price: *gulps* $161 USD...ouch!!!!
Not worth it and will not fit. I run 1/5 on road FG.

Steve
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #240
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
Not worth it and will not fit. I run 1/5 on road FG.

Steve
hey steve...can u like...make us one?...i know i'd buy one...come on...if that guy is able to sell his wing for $160...i'm sure u can make some money off of it too...

also...i will be getting a SNR DM1 chassis from u guys...so please don't discontinue it yet...

and another question while i've got u on here...i've sent u guys an email on ur SNR site about the hyper 10sc chassis and when it's going to come back into stock...are u guys ever going to restock that item or have u discontinued it entirely? (please say u have one for me)