R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #181
Tech Rookie

Quick question. Would the techno conversion to electric be a better choice than the standard stock electric kit? Reason I ask is because the nitro powered has the 2 speed...or can you simply run the 2 speed on an electric with or without mods?

Looking for the highest speeds possible.

Also, I see that Tekno doesn't offer the DM1 electric conversion anymore. Any word on this?

Thanks

Last edited by DFoxx; 05-13-2012 at 05:03 AM.
DFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #182
Tech Apprentice

the teckno kits cool but you will have a hard time hunting one down, That was pre dm-1 espec. you can buy the 2 speed slap it in and rc-monster makes a 2 speed 5mm shaft adapter and the gears for the motor.

heres something I posted in another thread may be of some use

mike @ rc-monster.com makes a single speed adapter for it you can use down to a 34 t revo spur (or whatever the smallest for the nitro revo) you go to http://www.rc-monster.com/rcm.php?pg=4 and order the 8mm and specify in the notes when you check out that its the traxxas revo spur edition. Good luck with the speed runs

You can fit the 46t ofna 2nd gear spur and a 19 tooth pinion stock im hitting 50+ with 4s and a 2700 kv motor

Mike @ rc monster also makes a dm-1 motor mount that would give more pinion options. The dm-1 mount is for the 1/7th but they are the same for 1/8th spec
jayjay283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #183
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanted to share my DM1 built for a high speed oval.. Don't be too harsh!

castle 2200 MMM esc
running 25-43 gearing
PlayingDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #184
Tech Apprentice

looks cool , is that the front diffuser thing off a xo-1 ?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #185
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay283 View Post
looks cool , is that the front diffuser thing off a xo-1 ?
Yes, it helps tremendously, the straight behind the car is a bit bumpy coming out of the turn so a lot of the 1/8 cars go air born. It flipped and slid on the roof on one of my test runs, but after installing the diffuser, it worked wonders.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayingDirty View Post
Just wanted to share my DM1 built for a high speed oval.. Don't be too harsh!

castle 2200 MMM esc
running 25-43 gearing
Looks nice man , looks like that's the velodrome in kissena park queens , I think I saw you running the car there Sunday .
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #187
Tech Initiate

Thanks! Yup, I was there on Sunday. I was having a few issues with it that day, but I think I sorted the bugs out.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #188
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any details on how exactly you mounted the XO-1 diffuser on there? That looks sick.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #189
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
any details on how exactly you mounted the XO-1 diffuser on there? That looks sick.

3 button head screws going through the plastic bumper under the foam. I'll post a picture later.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #190
Tech Master

That would be awesome. I kept looking at the front splitter on the Xo-1 wondering if it would work on the DM1, sure looks cool

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #191
Tech Master

Do the mount holes already in the XO-1 splitter line up properly with the DM1 plastic bumper? Or is it new holes all together?

Looks like you are running the DM1 1/7 wing out back too ?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoxx View Post
Quick question. Would the techno conversion to electric be a better choice than the standard stock electric kit? Reason I ask is because the nitro powered has the 2 speed...or can you simply run the 2 speed on an electric with or without mods?

Looking for the highest speeds possible.

Also, I see that Tekno doesn't offer the DM1 electric conversion anymore. Any word on this?

Thanks
Here is a complete conversion for a DM1 from Nitro to Electric .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-DM1-Ele...item20c65320fb
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #193
Tech Master

Ok so i finally had a chance to get out and drive this guy. Noticed something right off the bat, it chatters hardcore in the front steering.
Brought it back inside and even on the bench stand under throttle when i turn either way it goes so far and then chatters a ton, now i thought it was a tire rub, so i took off the front tires and repeated the test and it was considerably less, but still there. i reinstalled the wheels and i cannot see anywhere where they rub...

Even at full turn there is no rubbing going on, if the wheels are straight there is no extra noise or chatter at all but i get to (if i had to guess) about 70% of the turn either way and the car just starts vibrating but i cannot find anything rubbing.

Has anyone run across this?
I'll try to post a video of whats going on to help with the diagnosis.

One thing i did notice after posting this is at full turn the pillow balls get really loose in the pockets. Is there a fix for this or do i just take a bunch of steering throw out and deal with it?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #194
Tech Master

Anyone else seen this pillow ball slop?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #195
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
Ok so i finally had a chance to get out and drive this guy. Noticed something right off the bat, it chatters hardcore in the front steering.
Brought it back inside and even on the bench stand under throttle when i turn either way it goes so far and then chatters a ton, now i thought it was a tire rub, so i took off the front tires and repeated the test and it was considerably less, but still there. i reinstalled the wheels and i cannot see anywhere where they rub...

Even at full turn there is no rubbing going on, if the wheels are straight there is no extra noise or chatter at all but i get to (if i had to guess) about 70% of the turn either way and the car just starts vibrating but i cannot find anything rubbing.

Has anyone run across this?
I'll try to post a video of whats going on to help with the diagnosis.

One thing i did notice after posting this is at full turn the pillow balls get really loose in the pockets. Is there a fix for this or do i just take a bunch of steering throw out and deal with it?

mine did that as well, I put in a savox 1258 and it wanted to turn almost 90 degrees thrashing and making bad noises (wheels, cvds?) I have the steering epa set at 60%, its more than plenty and doesnt make that noise. I figured it was the CVD and needed to wear in a bit. I havent driven it much due to a nice full speed crash into a curb (beer). I'll look at the pillow balls soon I need to readjust everything now