R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 1/10th tires

I am new to onroad and looking for something that explains tires. Things I am looking for include what tire to use based on temp, the differences between manufactures, etc.

mdhyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rubber tires for Dummies Read the whole thing. Old, but still applicable and will give you some basic vocabulary. There's no easy answer, if that's what you're looking for.

Click here for some more theory on insert/tire selection Read my last post on this thread for some good tech theory.

Click here for a good thread

Sorex reference

As I've said before, there is a VERY GOOD REASON why premounts are successful. It's because they work 99% of the time for 99% of the racers out there.

The trick is finding the RIGHT tires for your application, set up, and conditions!

Welcome to rubber tire racing.

Just be aware that there are SPEC tires (great life, good traction) and PREMIUM tires (moderate life, great traction). There are no free lunches, and too many people get wrapped up in comparing SPEC to PREMIUM (which is apples and oranges). There are no really bad tires, just ones that are better for certain applications at certain times.
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote