Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Brian,

One thing I have been thinking about is going to the speed 12 body, I have been running a speed 8 so far. That and a couple of tweaks I'm hoping will get me the rest of the way there.

Chris.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Speed 8 vs. 12

You know for some really odd reason, I just can't get the Speed 8 to handle the way I want my car to. It's quite a bit looser, not as planted..... it actually pushes quite a bit too. I did one pack testing on it and I had to go right back to my Speed 12 cause I was destroying my car on the track with the Speed 8. Maybe this weekend, I'll test it again.

Dom
Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

changing from a speed 8 to a speed 12 body was the best thin i ever done in twelth scale. The 12 is just awesome, bags more steering than the speed 8 and still got rear end grip
Old 01-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys use the gurney strip on the 12?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by revzalot
Do you guys use the gurney strip on the 12?
No gurney strips for me and I don't know who does these days anymore. I actually used to cut the wing down a bit on the Protoform P35 Nissan body.

Dom
Old 01-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys, I'll try and get hold of one in the next week or so. I'm waiting for my Quantum 2 to come in this week.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi Brian,

One thing I have been thinking about is going to the speed 12 body, I have been running a speed 8 so far. That and a couple of tweaks I'm hoping will get me the rest of the way there.

Chris.
Are you still running the 88T 64P spur? If so, you might want to try a 100 or 104 so it pushes the motor more forward. That will gain you some steering.

-James
Old 01-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Duplicate, please ignore.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi James,

yes I was running that as I run the lowered pod plates, I could probably go to a 96T someone traded me one of these a couple of weeks ago
Old 01-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey All,

Kenny- part numbers are Hyperdrive: HK-0003(palte), HK-0007(tubes), HK-0008(ball studs), and HK-0009(nuts). The CRC tubes will work if you trim down the ball cups, but I believe that you will only get to use one spring. The old Hyp tubes that I used had only one spring, so I don't think that this is a super critical situation. End result is still the same.

Brian; [email protected]
Thanks to Brian and Dom. I shall try to identify if there are online shops who carry the Hyperdrive parts.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kennykay
Thanks to Brian and Dom. I shall try to identify if there are online shops who carry the Hyperdrive parts.
Rc4less.com would be a place to start, you can just email them. I've dealt with them before, but I don't think they have the dampening tubes in stock, they had to special order them for me awhile back ago. Also contact Debbie at www.raincityraceway.com, when I was there 2 weekends ago, she has 1 top plate and a couple of dampening tubes. Rain City is Brian's home track and testing ground for the Spanker.

Dom
Old 01-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi All,

Friday I intend to work on a production prototype of a sprung damper tube. I will be using carbon fibre for the piston and the tube the ends will be sealed with CA and I will make a version which will work specifically for the MS2.2 (among others). It will have the grub screw for setting tweak and will come with 0.020" springs (12th front springs). I have already made a standard prototype which I have had some good interest for, all going well I intend to be in production in 3-4 weeks. This post is mainly for market research reasons, I'd like some feedback of intereted parties. Any comments are welcome, thankyou.

Chris.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Rc4less.com would be a place to start, you can just email them. I've dealt with them before, but I don't think they have the dampening tubes in stock, they had to special order them for me awhile back ago. Also contact Debbie at www.raincityraceway.com when I was there 2 weekends ago, she has 1 top plate and a couple of dampening tubes. Rain City is Brian's home track and testing ground for the Spanker.

Dom
Thanks Dom. I think I will try RC4less.com first since I live in Hong Kong. Getting the required parts from Raincity raceway may be more complicated.

Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi All,

Friday I intend to work on a production prototype of a sprung damper tube. I will be using carbon fibre for the piston and the tube the ends will be sealed with CA and I will make a version which will work specifically for the MS2.2 (among others). It will have the grub screw for setting tweak and will come with 0.020" springs (12th front springs). I have already made a standard prototype which I have had some good interest for, all going well I intend to be in production in 3-4 weeks. This post is mainly for market research reasons, I'd like some feedback of intereted parties. Any comments are welcome, thankyou.

Chris.
Hi, Chris

I am very interested in your prototype. Please let me know when you think your damper tube is ready for merchandize. Please email me at [email protected] for the price and shipping cost by USPS since I live in Hong Kong. Thanks.

Regards,
Kenny

Last edited by kennykay; 01-24-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Hey, all right!

Well Chris, you've stepped in it now. I hope that you don't become hyper sensitive to people's capabilities, like I have! It's been an exciting and actually very dissappointing project once you get head first into it. Your hopes are one thing, your expectations are somewhat lower, and what actually really does happen is even much lower then you could ever imagine. And then when you go to rely on other people for products to help you with your time line, things drag on even further. You will be fairly convinced that you will be the only person in control of your own destiny, and you will be right. As soon as you start to rely on others, frustration will be a regular part of the daily routine. In the end, how bad will you want this product, is something you will have to ask yourself and what will it mean to bring it to market. I say go for it! You will never know if you don't try. Even if it takes longer then you expect, you will be proud in the end. So few will get off the couch for fear of failure. My project has really been a project of passion. I can not accept failure, so I march forward until I have succeeded. This car works very well, I am proud of it, others have purchased it, others are enjoying it too. Plus I get paid just a little bit for creating something I love to do. How bad can that be?

OK, guess I will go back out to the shop and lay up some more cars.

Brian
Old 01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your support. I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure I can get all of the materials without too much of a problem and I do all of the manufacturing myself so it really is all down to me in that respect. I already do some work in the industry, I'm the US Pro Trak Distributor (please see the web sites below) and that is very fulfilling and interesting, you could say I'm a bit of a cell geek now. Standard tubes (no Springs) aren't going to be much of a problem, I have already done my prototype and I have had good feedback so far, This weekend I'm going to assemble a proto pair of spring versions which I will try out. I have already been using my carbon / titanium versions for a while and still may go with a production version of those but they will be a little more expensive and are a little heavier, I like the all carbon versions as they are very light. Also (I may of mentioned to you) I'm also an engineer of many types so I have a good idea of what it takes to build and price correctly something like this.

Watch this space....

Chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.