Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Automatic super reverse 83200 setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP Automatic super reverse 83200 setup

Hi,
my son and I have put together from parts, a TC4 with mabuchi 540 23T brush motor. We have a LRP 83200 super auto reverse esc. We have had problems..We followed the setup guide from LRP. When we switch on, we nearly always get the following result: pull throttle back ..no result. Push throttle forward and car moves forward. The only way we have found to fix this is to manually reverse channel 2 (throttle).

As well as this, we can not get reverse working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The LRP guide is minimal.

Cheers
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

The automatic ESC's need you to make your first throttle movement FULL throttle, and your first braking/reverse movement FULL brake, otherwise they will not setup correctly.

Unplugging the battery will reset the ESC.

With this kind of ESC I make sure that the first thing I do (with the car in my hand) is go to full throttle and then straight into full brake before I put the car down.

If the reverse problem remains after resetting, it could be because it has a delay or needs a double pull to activate.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Rookie

sosidge,
thanks for you reply. I tried all that but to no avail. I resoldered the leads with reverse polarity onto the motor with no effect. We have reversed the channel on the transmitter without effect. Puzzling??
Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP Super reverse Digital PROBLEMS

Yes this is VERY confusing i would suggest swapping the esc for another one or upgrading to the next model esc. have you by any chance not installed capictors ?