Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak N-Power Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Novak N-Power Question

Since the orange room is gone I will put this question out to the masses. My Rivergate PC-30 blew up last week and I was wondering if the N-Power will handle 2 Mill-Pro chargers? It says it will but that was before the Sanyo 3000HV's came out that require at least a 6amp charge rate. Obviously 12amps is well above the rated 10amp output but maybe something has changed that is not published yet. Any ideas??
Old 06-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I never knew the HV's required a 6amp charge. Oops... oh well, they've been doin good at 5amp.

I really don't know much about the n-power, but if you're gonna be drawing 12amps or more, you might want a bigger power supply. I've got a Bulldog 15amp that works great.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Well, the 6amp charge rate is what Danny w/SMC suggests (not requires,sorry) and they have been fantastic at that rate. I just liked the size of the N-Power.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

If you want to spend less, and get more try the Samlex Power supply. SEC 1223 is the one you want. It is quite small, does 23amps continuously, and peaks out at 25 amps!!! It will handle three Mill, or equal chargers all day with no problems what so ever!! They run about 100 bucks @ www.hamradio.com
Check it out!!

Also Radio Shack's carries them on their web site, but not in their stores!!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

BTW at HamRadioOutlet, they have it listed at 20amps.... but the instructions say 23 amp..... for more info goto www.samlexamerica.com