Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest Spec/Blinky Mode ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
HERE is a ton of info to delve into while you gearing up to make a comeback.

As for Blinky, don't fool yourself into thinking that's an easy class.
There is a lot of tuning there to find the sweet spot.
Timing, Rotor, & gearing will keep you busy for a while.
Timing, rotor, gearing, which battery, which brand of motor and which esc. Mostly you'll be busy buying new stuff..........
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by al dente
Look, I am not going to throw people under the bus here. But I know for a fact that there are different versions of 212. You can question my character, or reliability all you want. But I know this for a fact. Take it or leave it. Call me an idiot or a liar, but it is fact.

It is my opinion that any speedo that can be programed or altered by an external source should not be allowed in blinky classes.
Name calling isn't my thing and never will be, but I will say this....

I have been on the team for many years at Tekin, and have not once heard of any "secret" software.

Development of software is one thing, making sure the software used at any major race meeting is legal is something else.

Tekin, as any other manufacturer in R/C has a reputation at stake and would not knowingly supply its team with software that is not legal for ROAR, or any other events where certain rules are put into place about the equipment being used.

Secondly, should any driver be found using software not ROAR legal in a given ROAR race, his or her result would not count anyway - so what good does that serve the racer, and the manufacturer to be stripped of a result

I don't get any kicks from cheating when I race R/C... and I am more than sure if Randy knew of anyone knowingly cheating and sponsored by Tekin they would be out of the team in an instant, period.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wingman2
our local club is quite small (around 7 second laptime)
Ours is also around 7 seconds, 13.5 (no timing rules) or 27t touring cars...

newcomers use brushed motors, then step up to brushless if they want to get serious and put money into racing against the more consistant racers.

Track size is something I wanted to mention about on this whole topic having the best X Y and Z, if the track is small, you can only use so much power before it is wasted and turned into heat.

You also run out of road quicker too to use a top speed advantage.

When the track is smaller, TQ is won or lost by seconds, I really like the close racing we have in the A, a win is a well deserved one and does not depend on equipment used...

HW speed controls often feature in the A, expensive equipment is not needed.

What IS needed is consistant laptimes. The TQ and usual winner of the A usually has an average and fastest lap within 0.3 of a second!

And no, he doesnt have the latest car or equipment in general either.

THAT is skill and what makes one win at racing!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Hi , I'm just trying to find out how you know that a novak kinetic is in blinky mode. I have heard different thing from no flashing to a single white light in neutral. In the ROAR web site it just says that 1 to 0 how can I check just looking at it thats it is in blinky mode.
Thanks

Trev
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

The "blinky" rules as they currently stand will always have people pushing the bounderies to the limit and sometimes (unfortunately) over it. It would be simple to stop all the cheating/contoversy/confusion.....make it a sensorless motor and speedo class of racing.

Bb
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

sensorless motors can still be manipulated by esc's
Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by bucketboy
It would be simple to stop all the cheating/contoversy/confusion.....make it a sensorless motor and speedo class of racing.
Not likely, as Novak currently doesn't make sensorless motors, nor ESCs that work with sensorless motors.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
Hi , I'm just trying to find out how you know that a novak kinetic is in blinky mode. I have heard different thing from no flashing to a single white light in neutral. In the ROAR web site it just says that 1 to 0 how can I check just looking at it thats it is in blinky mode.
Thanks

Trev
A white light indicates timing has been activated. No white light indicates "blinky" mode.

http://www.teamnovak.com/download/in...TrackGuide.pdf