$30 motor brushes anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$30 motor brushes anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

i can do 20+ run on my orion v2 brushes and they only cost $3.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Or kill mod on the local level.
How will this kill modified on local level?

@414play.
Yes, the V2 technology has also helped preventing comm and brush wear. This is the only thing besides brushless that reduces maintenace in a significant level on our motors. And all three gives us more track time for our money over conventional/"old" technology.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Now all we need is this brush compound for the V2's and you can keep the same brushes for an entire season
Old 11-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by OleC
How will this kill modified on local level?
More people are going to choose to run 19turn versus either changing regular $3 brushes every one or two runs or investing in a pair of $30 brushes.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jack - You sais it yourself. Investing.... to me that word sounds something longterm. I personally run the Orion stuff but this is just another step in the right direction. I am sure pricing will go down... people always charge out th yang for new stuff with limited supply. Give it a few months and prices will be dropped.

I am interesting in these brushes though. I have like 5 PT's that need new brushes... Ran them until my stock depleted and have been running some of them with the orion endbells.....
Old 11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

I've run the CS ones (the origional ones!!) and you can get 50 runs easily out of them. They are £8 in the UK, which would work out at about $15 so not sure why the Reedy ones are so pricy,
Old 11-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

U.S retail prices are usually much higher than the price they sell for.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Wrong, thing about that price usually sell for retail.

Also it's not that it's expensive to run them it's the initial investment. You tell somebody they can only pay $40 for a stock motor and then you have to buy brushes that are 75% of the cost.

It's sometimes easier to swallow paying $3 more often than $30, even though the 30 may be a better deal.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: $30 motor brushes anyone?

Originally posted by David Butts
Ok I'm sure you guys have seen Reedy's new Plutonium brush. Sorry but if this electric brushed motor technology has gotten this far out of hand I quit again. I can drink like 36 beers for $30. Or I can drive my 10 mile to the gallon Buick for oh like two days on $30, Or I can go downtown and pick up a, Oh thats another message board but you get the picture.

I forgot to mention that Beer math is my favorite way of thinking of things!!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look at Derek....hahahah you go boy!!!

Here is what I posted on the OTHER #777 Plutonium brush thread....

"Well, let's just do some math here for a minute....

Yes, they DO last at LEAST 30 runs....so, 30 runs/$30....$1 per pair of brushes...and that's on a 7 or 8 turn motor. For standard, low-silver content brushes, even if you got 2 runs per brush (which, in some cases, you might get 3 GOOD runs), you're looking at $4.00 per pair, times 10 brush changes (if you plan on running them 3 times each, to equal 30 runs), you're at about $40. Again, that's IF you run them 3 times each, and in most cases you will lose quite a bit of power by the 3rd run.

I've known some drivers that have reached 45 runs on a pair!!!! They're all small worn by this time, but that's 45 runs on hi-po batteries and on a 7 turn.

This is just information for you...."

So, anyway, These are ONLY available (at the moment) for standup motors....they will not work in laydown setups.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sorry guys. There is just no way to justify less that $1.00 matierials cost per pair to a retail of $30.00. Even the $$ that CS wanted was outrageous now this....I'm not denying their added usability but 7.99 per pair seems more in the realm of reality. It really is a gouge by CS and by AE. Sorry...

Art D.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey TP,

I'm hoping they do last that long! I'm just looking at the guy who can't throw $30 at a pair of brushes even though it's better. I really wanted a Ferrari but had to settle for a cheaper car.

And a Ferrari in beer math is......well that's a lot of freaking beer!

I remember the days of me being 13 and running the same set of $4 brushes for an entire race season and not losing power until they were about 2mm long.

Also I'm sure that there's more than $1 worth of material. Since that much gold or silver would be pretty expensive. If they were wood then you can say stuff like that.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Oh I forgot to mention...how's that Sphere coming...I heard the brushes for those ar $123,000 per pair
Old 11-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

what about some 20.00 motor springs.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Do guys really replace brushes after only 3 runs? Why?
Is it because the serrations are gone? Buy a serrator. And get a fiddlestick from Big Jim to keep the spring tension consistant.

For stock racing I am getting 20 runs out of a set of Hurricanes Gold Brushes. And you could get more but I get sick of looking at them. Lately Ive been trying Paradigms Black Magic brushes. These things seem good as the Golds so far making power. They have lubricant molded right in them and last forever and are the easiest thing Ive ever seen on a comm.

I have plenty of $ left for beer. I would be set if only I drank.....

http://teamhurricane.net/

http://www.team-paradigm.com/page.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.