Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TT-01 type E vs TB-02 vs Sprint 2 Sport >

TT-01 type E vs TB-02 vs Sprint 2 Sport

TT-01 type E vs TB-02 vs Sprint 2 Sport

Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TT-01 type E vs TB-02 vs Sprint 2 Sport

Hello. I'm trying to decide between these 3 chassis for my first rc and I'd appreciate some help. I'm between these because they're relatively cheap and supposedly beginner level.

The TT-01E has the advantage of parts availability and kit variety, and everybody says it's a great starter.

About the Sprint 2 Sport I'm not sure yet, because I've read on some forums that the tt-01e or d might actually be better, but it seems quite capable and has a lot of parts available as well.

As for the TB-02 there seems to be consensus that it's much better than the tt-01, but will I have problems with parts and hop-ups as it's discontinued?

I know none of these are great for competition out of the box, but it's a start in the hobby, and I intend to apply some hop-ups. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

So... anybody?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all of those chassis's are pretty dated.

Honestly I would go with a chassis that you can get the best support from your LHS.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are you planning on doing with the car? Racing, drifting, scale, or just playing?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by WheelNut
What are you planning on doing with the car? Racing, drifting, scale, or just playing?
Mostly drifting for fun, but I'd like to do some grip running too. It's mostly an intro car. Might get more serious later so it would be great if the chassis is upgradeable.

Originally Posted by zenkikid
Honestly I would go with a chassis that you can get the best support from your LHS.
Yeah support from LHS is pretty bad here, so I'll have to rely mostly on e-shops.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

You have a price range?

Looking for a rtr or kit?

Better choice would be ta05, tb03 or tc4.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nikkon
You have a price range?

Looking for a rtr or kit?

Better choice would be ta05, tb03 or tc4.
I've looked at the ta05 and tb03 and those are a bit over my budget. Don't wanna spend much since this is the first car and will probably get bashed a lot, but I want a car I can learn messing around on as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if your looking at a kit, maybe consider the sakura zero s. $100 more or less + your gear. everywhere i read about it is nothing but praise and you can replace the plastic parts with parts from the full sakura zero competition car.

otherwise, pretty hard to beat a TC4 RTR. you get everything for under $300.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by valk
if your looking at a kit, maybe consider the sakura zero s. $100 more or less + your gear. everywhere i read about it is nothing but praise and you can replace the plastic parts with parts from the full sakura zero competition car.

otherwise, pretty hard to beat a TC4 RTR. you get everything for under $300.
I'll look for the sakura. I'll check the TC4 as well, but is it much better than the ones I mentioned? I can get a rtr sprint 2 for 160$, a rtr tt-01e for 150$ and a tb-02 for 160$, all only missing batery and charger. Is the tc4 worth the difference? For that price I could get a tb-03.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

one option if you want a low cost of entry that can still be competitive, maybe look into an Associated 18R. under $200 for everything and it has a solid upgrade path.
this would depend on what your local racing scene is though. no fun if there is no racing.

depending on your future goals though, cheap cars can end up being expensive =)
Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

avoid cars that need hop-ups : ie TT01
hop ups will cost you a small fortune, dont really increase value of car that much, & wont make a substandard car (tt01) into a good car