R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 AM   #31
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by TPhalen
All I'm saying is give them a try (a FAIR try) and see for YOURSELF before you start bashing the release of the brushes.
so tony.. how am i gonna gear a 10x1 for the OC Circuit track? im willing to give these a shot!

btw.. you running mabuchi with us at the upcoming race?
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:36 AM   #32
Tech Addict
Default no brush burning!

@hobbyman & tony: well, actually from my own experience. You simply can not burn these brushes, even if you overgear it drastically.
I have never ever seen a discolored brush when this brush was used!

This is due to the special, and very expensive, ceylon/graphite resins and other state-of-the-art materials normally not used for RC-brushes.
Reto Koenig
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:50 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TPhalen
Chris....glad you have an opinion....BUT....

Hebiki. Unfortunately, they are standup brushes (as Javen13 stated). You can serrate them to laydown, although I bet it took a long time to do so!!!!! I don't think you'll see as much of a performance increase (or drop off) as you would normal brushes because they are for high-heat conditions. Your stock and 19t just don't see the same 'punishment', I don't think.

Of course, I AM going to try it.....
TPhalen, this brush will be great for 19 turn. After the mods we make to the motors they can turn +33,000 rpm's. That's more power and torque than a KR 10x2. Again, I burn up brushes almost every run. I should be able to get 50 runs out of these brushes.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:40 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Tony why would I think your bashing me as it's only a talk forum. I appreciate what you are trying to say. Guys like you are the reason people feel the need to turn the motor and put in new brushes. I'm not bashing you I just wish people would run there motors more between rebuilds (supporting what you said). But you miss read my comment about not costing much for the mfging of the brush. What I said was that it doesn't cost much more to make this brush over the cost of the 766 or any other brush. I do pay wholesale not retail for everything. I value your opion on these brushes as you guys are the ones doing the testing. That is how the general public learn about products. If I'm wronge with my opinion then I will apoligise but I feel like the price is to high. If someone wants to send me some samples I will try them and give a honest response.
Team Associated, JConcepts, M2C Racing, Big Pimpin Paints
Chris Reilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:46 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Send me a sample too, PLEASE!
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 AM   #36
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It's not that we feel a need to turn our motors and rebrush every 1 - 2 runs, its that we have to. Motors get so hot and we are pushing so much current through that little brush, it doesnt last long. I get 1-2 runs out of a brush on carpet in a 10 turn, the brush is so short after a couple runs the spring bottoms out in the hood.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:08 AM   #37
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I see great value in these brushes. It is all about bang for the buck. The pure math of these brushes makes since. I have raced some 8turns in sedan and with a standard mod brush it was one run and done...that was on the club scene not at some national event. The Orion based mods hit and wow they took my racing area by storm. They allowed racers to race and not work on motors in the pits. I see the Reedy/LRP brush as the same type of deal. The value is in me not having to worry about the motor during the race day. 1 less thing to "wrench" on makes it more fun. It also lets me as a Orion/Peak mod motor user to have some options to run the Reedy mods if I want and still get about the same convienience. I know the local Reedy fans are liking the idea of getting more track time and less lathe time....lol

Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Guys, this is not a matter of opinion. This is basic math.

How mush does every run cost with regular brushes compared to Reedy 777/CS high silver?

Saying this is a reason people will NOT be running modified motors is like saying that you dont like brushless motors because of the enormous amount of maintenance you have to do on the motor after every run....

If they produced much less power it would be a matter of discussion. But they don't!
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #39
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to Nick_Malinoski
Default Where to buy 'em

Are they available to the general public yet? I would like to try them out in some mods I have, and I couldn't find them on Tower or Stormer. If they are available, where can I get them?

Nick_Malinoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:00 AM   #40
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ultimate Hobbies has them...I think they're 22 or 23 bucks. I was just there Monday.

They won't be on the website, but they do phone orders.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

These are standup brushes for mod right? when will, or will they have laydowns for stock and 19T's?
Charlie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Tony no offense from the above statement I hope. Not trying to disrepect you. Mike Reedy and Sean Cochrane have helped me at races. They have a great product. I just can't imagine the brushes being that expensive. Maybe some day I will accept it.LOL! My intention was never to bash reedy or yourself but tell people how I see it. i guess it was a big shock.
Team Associated, JConcepts, M2C Racing, Big Pimpin Paints
Chris Reilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #43
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's not Reedy that dictates the cost of the brush. Its the brush manufacturer. The 777's started as the CS brush 2 years ago. Reedy tweaked the compound for the 777. The CS brushes were just as expensive.
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #44
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

K guys maybe I can clear some of this up.It wont be nice.lol.

#1-This brush in NO WAY is overpriced nor meant to be by CS,LRP/Reedy.
It's simply due to the HIGH COST of the materials that make up the brush.It's not a markup ploy with high profits.SORRY.
So that is answered or should be because Im not kidding when I say HOW HIGH this material cost.

#2-You say people wont run mod due to this brush being so high priced?Thats just stupid and shows how shallow some people's thinking is or most common speaking before you have a CLUE!
This isnt a brush for the common.This brush is for a person running MOD sedan or if you want 50runs+ in Mod offroad.
Mod Sedan meaning 7-10 turns,11 and 12's at the most.
I have ran the same pair of brushes for 30+ runs as well.
Not sure about YOUR math but if Im running a 7 turn and skimming the comm and rebrushing EACH run then $3.00 a pair X's 10 runs is $30.00 right?
Well I didnt say 10 runs I said 30.Do your match again and that comes out to about $90.00 in regular brushes.
Mod Sedan is NOT for the common folk.It's a expensive class and less than 5% of the country even runs a mod sedan class.
If ANYONE has rebuilt a Orion/Peak V2 can or aftermarket V2 retuned by anyone else out there they are a PAIN IN THE ASS.Plus the way they solder up are a pain for some cars as well.I LOVE the motor's but for your so called COMMON racer it's a pain.
So are these brushes worth the money?
EVERY PENNY!!!! and then some.

So please before you speak about an item that you havent used or have NO REAL CLUE of what it is or please think of EVERY angle before you make stupid remarks or accusations.

Now if you have questions about them then please speak up.
But if you have never used them and cant do math please do us all a HUGE FAVOR AND

SHUT UP! I fell like im in a room full of women.lol.

Guys this isnt meant to be personal but more of a funny slap in the face please shut up if you dont have a clue or dont even race this class.
It's expensive in Nature.Can CS,LRP/Reedy help that?
Nope not at all.
Even when I run Orion motor's with the right brushes Im cutting every 3-5 runs so it's not the blessing we were looking for like these brushes are.
*****Look me up on Ebay. I will have alot of stuff going up as 7/7/2016. User name is Dalracer.**** This is going to be a BIG ONE!!!!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to RcTech for all these years of Great Information.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #45
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote