Wiki Posts
Search

TRC tires, who's running em?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TRC tires, who's running em?

Hey all! Just got back from the IIC, was a ton of fun!! Was my first big race, have to say I had no idea what I was in for. Was on road heaven!

I was running TRC 1/12th magenta/magenta and my car was totally hooked up. I absolutely turned my fastest times with those tires at the race and felt VERY consistent, just needed to get my driving under control...dang nerves lol!

Was wanting to know who else is running these tires and what they thought of them? I haven't been running em for too long yet but I am definitely in love with them. OMG the smell of the fresh rubber when I open the packages....smells like I just fell into a tire factory lol!

Neil H
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Haven't been running them... but while we are here, do you know if the offset of the TRC wheels is the same as the Jacos?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure. Will measure the Jacos that are in the shop when I get out to the track tomorrow.

Neil H
Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I ran them at asphalt Nats and wasn't very impressed. They held up well and were true and didn't crack or chunk, but I didn't feel they were fast. Knapp gave me a set of CRC pink rears and magenta fronts when I first got there and I turned 14.7-14.9's in my first 3 minutes learning the layout. Because it was my only set and I had arrived expecting to run the TRC's, I went out from that point on with TRC platinum and pinks with magenta and double pink fronts. I never even sniffed a 14.9 the rest of the weekend, even after getting a MUCH better feel for the layout. Sure this isn't the most scientific test possible, but it has been my experience with them. One other guy was running them at Asphalt Nats and he was behind me in qualifying. As far as I could tell everyone in the A was running CRC or Jaco tires.

They have a deeper off-set than jacos by ~1mm
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've seen EA run them on carpet, and they were very competitive.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

While I can't comment bout these tires on asphalt, I will say that on carpet they definitely work well. On a high grip track such as the IIC in Vegas, they freed my car up a bit more than the CRC tires which yielded me faster lap times. On our local track where the bite is lower, I usually have to soften the rear a bit. Where with CRC's I might run red side springs and green center, I would drop down to white sides and either red or white center.

Neil H
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

I ran them for a bit on asphalt...couldn't really see any performance difference between them and any other brand...but I really like the rim design. My only complaint was they were a bit more bendy than I would like and I bent up a set of rears pretty badly.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The rims are great, much less wobbly than the Jaco/Parma wheels.