Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad? >

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rc F1 is dying because of these old racers that want everything just for them, and don't welcome newer generations of racers ! There should be a pipeline of kids racing their rtr Radioshack F1 toys at every club, but instead you find a bunch of 60 year olds fainting on the driverstand ! Rc clubs don't even advertise their events in toyRus or Radioshack in the hopes of attracting new people, and you expect a good turnout... Wow....
Old 10-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

I remember the frowns and bad attitudes the racers had at first when I showed up with my Nikko to practice : nobody liked it when I passed them, and some were cursing, but couldn't do a thing to me....The shame couldn't be wiped off their faces for a long time until they realised I was serious about my racing, and they subsequently let it be....Whenever they see me now they ask me for my F1, and it's all good now that I am getting my FGX , but had I not been someone with a tough character, I would have quit a long time ago !!!!! Guys let the youngsters bring their cars to your tracks without having to be intimidated because they don't have the right chassis. You discourage them that first time, and they will quit for sure !!! Or maybe that's what you guys want !!!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I remember the frowns and bad attitudes the racers had at first when I showed up with my Nikko to practice : nobody liked it when I passed them, and some were cursing, but couldn't do a thing to me....The shame couldn't be wiped off their faces for a long time until they realised I was serious about my racing, and they subsequently let it be....Whenever they see me now they ask me for my F1, and it's all good now that I am getting my FGX , but had I not been someone with a tough character, I would have quit a long time ago !!!!! Guys let the youngsters bring their cars to your tracks without having to be intimidated because they don't have the right chassis. You discourage them that first time, and they will quit for sure !!! Or maybe that's what you guys want !!!
Ok, first of all its 40 get it straight, second once again you create things that were never said. No one ever suggested that newbies aren't welcome, it was suggested that F1 not be sold as an entry level class, because it isn't.
Cant remember fainting on the driver stand , farting occasionally, but never fainting. You should come to Detroit and bring that Nikko, so you can show us how its done.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

I don't have the Nikko anymore , I am waiting for my FGX to arrive, and after I finish setting it up, I might come to you neck of the hood to show you a few tricks....Make sure everybody is in good shape before I get there: there is nohing worse than having to pickup some 400lbs racer off the ground , and injuring my racing hands...lol...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

get your POPCORN! ... PEANUTS! ...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I don't have the Nikko anymore , I am waiting for my FGX to arrive, and after I finish setting it up, I might come to you neck of the hood to show you a few tricks....Make sure everybody is in good shape before I get there: there is nohing worse than having to pickup some 400lbs racer off the ground , and injuring my racing hands...lol...
I think this thread is well represented with long time F1 races using a variety of different brands from across the county/world. I for one would love to know where your going to race your FGX so I might get the chance to witness your mastery of the remote! Due tell oh RC master, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I even allow lemans to race with the F1s. The AMB was not working, but no one cared

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I guess if we're just starting out, to attract new blood, run what you brung rules is the best. Too much rules will filter out much needed racers.

Locally our rule is simple. Not smiling on the driver stand is a 1 lap penalty.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rccartips
I even allow lemans to race with the F1s. The AMB was not working, but no one cared

I guess if we're just starting out, to attract new blood, run what you brung rules is the best. Too much rules will filter out much needed racers.

Locally our rule is simple. Not smiling on the driver stand is a 1 lap penalty.
This! I 100% agree with you!
I think F1 is a great way to get into RC racing, and if you put to many rules in you will scare people off!
I like your 1 lap penalty rule to!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
I think this thread is well represented with long time F1 races using a variety of different brands from across the county/world. I for one would love to know where your going to race your FGX so I might get the chance to witness your mastery of the remote! Due tell oh RC master, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know!
So cruel
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

The RcMaster never reveals where he trains ! You should know that by now RCAPPRENTICE... It's a Rcshaolin greatest secret !!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

The RcMaster never reveals where he trains ! You should know that by now RCAPPRENTICE... It's a Rcshaolin greatest secret !!!!

Well I had you under suspicion but this post sealed the deal. You are clearly a E-thug. You talk like your gods gift to RC but then when asked where you race you get shy. How about you just post your name or link us to some website like Jlap that shows off all your F1 wins?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tonight I took my F104pro to the track without a battery or the right tires but I just wanted to show it to some people since F1 is a new class for Toledo. It was very well received by the few peeps who where there. We did slap a battery in it and try to make a few laps but the rear tires pull up the fibers from the carpet and then its done. I was shocked at how sticky those tires got in such a short time even though they looked like Old worn out tires. I will get me some pits this weekend!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

I only race during the summer on asphalt, the real F1 racing suface, not the fake carpet surface ! Come on down to Brooklyn next year , I'll show you how it's done....
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.