Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad? >

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
To be realistic, tamiya is probably getting ready to release its new 2WD F1 with independent rear suspension, and will discontinue the F104 line, the same way 3racing is slowly dropping the F109 . The truth scares alot of folks here, and is even harder to accept the second time around. It's best to ignore it !!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's pretty obvious that you guys want F1 to be a tamiya only affair , and that's not cool with me ! The fgx barely came out , and you already want it to take tamiya wheels, and bodies. I don't care about what you think looks good, as long as it's an F1. Stop forcing tamiya down our throats ! Let all the manufacturers participate, even Nikkos ! You guys attitudes towards other brands are making people hate tamiya! I, for one, love tamiya shocks, but I don't try to stop people from running other brands of shocks! F1 rules should cover everybody, not just TAMIYA !!!! Don't hate pan cars because they are faster than your F104, make a class for them only!!!!! Problem Solved.....
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default LOL

LOL, settle down young grasshopper. Tamiya has been in the F1 game for longer then many of us has been alive. They know what works and what doesent. You need to take a chill pill, and go race. That being said, the overwhelming majority of F1 racers run a Tamiya, not just because they perform, but because they have been making F1 for longer and in larger quanities then everyone else.

Take a look at the 3Racing F109. Awesome car, but very small market acceptance. Untill 3racing sells kits to Horizon Hobby or Great Planes, they will never have anywhere the exposure or market cap the Tamiya has and that will never change. At the end of the day, they are basically a small cottage industry shop, like many of the other small F1 companies out there. On top of that, F1 does not have anyhwere the exposure in US racing like Touring or VTA with the side fact that onroad racing is small potatoes compared to dirt. And F1 is a tiny tiny slice of that.

Relax buddy!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dang dude, take your pancar and run it with the other pan cars, where ever they may be and give us guys that already know how we want to race a break.
Is it your only car?
Who's forcing what down whose throats?

FGX has already been allowed (rules adjusted) for UF1 competition, hell, Lightfoot the guy behind UF1 will have one as soon as they get here.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It's pretty obvious that you guys want F1 to be a tamiya only affair , and that's not cool with me ! The fgx barely came out , and you already want it to take tamiya wheels, and bodies. I don't care about what you think looks good, as long as it's an F1. Stop forcing tamiya down our throats ! Let all the manufacturers participate, even Nikkos ! You guys attitudes towards other brands are making people hate tamiya! I, for one, love tamiya shocks, but I don't try to stop people from running other brands of shocks! F1 rules should cover everybody, not just TAMIYA !!!! Don't hate pan cars because they are faster than your F104, make a class for them only!!!!! Problem Solved.....
I can appreciate your passion... but there are plenty of decaffeinated brands that taste just as good.

That said, it clear that most every one here wants the f1 class to grow, some basic rule that include a number of chassis types insures that. Don't split the classes. I welcome the 3racing car to run with the 104's. I'll be interested to see if the 3 gear rear drive train will be more efficient than direct drive, bring it on! If I'm wrong... I'll pick one up to compete.

Until then, its all just keyboard courage. So what tracks do you race F1?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So its possible I might have missed something, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that this class be Tamiya only. And I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you're bipolar. One minute its independent suspension or nothing , and in the next breath it should be pan cars. IMO you should talk less and listen more. You are the guy that screws up the classes that you get involved with because you can't just show up and race, somethings always gotta be changed. Nobody on here other than you has suggested that there is a major fault with any of the current chassis designs. We were starting to get some concurrence on a common set of rules when you showed up with the chip on your shoulder and proceeded with the disruptive noise. I can't stop you from posting, and you are entitled to your opinion, but you're getting to the point where no one will acknowledge your ignorance and stupidity.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

I acknowledge his ignorance and stupidity.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by texastc
I acknowledge his ignorance and stupidity.
So you're off my Christmas card list
Old 10-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
So you're off my Christmas card list
Whoops, sorry , I thought you said you agreed with it. My bad, cards in the mail
Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Old 10-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Again for those whose can't seem to understand anything other than tamiya :
#1 PURIST CLASS(fgx/f201)
#2 180mm to 190mm CLASS(f104/Nikko/Tyco...)
#3 200mm CLASS(f103/f104W....)
#4 PAN CLASS(Corally...)

If you have these rules as a base to attract people to F1, you will be successful. After that, the racers themselves will upgrade to better kits. When people buy a toy car from radioshack, they will now have a place to get exposed to the hobbie, thereby renewing the crop of F1 racers forever......
Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 10-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default LOL

At our track, all 4 will run in the same class. Purist class? Whats that? 4 classes for one type of racing? Great way to make a smaller class smaller. Where do you race bert? I bet the onroad racing is a small turnout and you are among the few that is or want to race F1. Anyhow, I would run them all until either everyone wants to focus on one specific niche or there is big enough of a turnout to justify more then one class. Stop making it so complicated.

As for a national class rule for large organized racing, 180mm is where it's at. Most 200mm cars can be converted to 180mm cheaply. with 104 front arms and a 104 rear tires. 190mm isn't too far off from 180mm and the FGX probably has a similar wheelbase to the F104, so I assume it would be safe to put them into the same category.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Its ok dude, everyone forgets to take their medicine every now and then
Again for those whose can't seem to understand anything other than tamiya :
#1 PURIST CLASS(fgx/f201)
#2 180mm to 190mm CLASS(f104/Nikko/Tyco...)
#3 200mm CLASS(f103/f104W....)
#4 PAN CLASS(Corally...)

If you have these rules as a base to attract people to F1, you will be successful. After that, the racers themselves will upgrade to better kits. When people buy a toy car from radioshack, they will now have a place to get exposed to the hobbie, thereby renewing the crop of F1 racers forever......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.