Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ezrun/tamiya vdf help. >

ezrun/tamiya vdf help.

ezrun/tamiya vdf help.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ezrun/tamiya vdf help.

Aloha,

I have a tamiya vdf chassis, front one way, and lock diff spool. Picked up a ezrun 8.5t 60a setup. My question that I have is what's the best setup with program card to drift?
Right now I am at.
.forward only w/break
.drag belt 0%
.punch 9
.break force at 50%
.intial break force at 0%
.timing at 15degree..

Honestly I have no idea of what breakforce, initial breakforce, or timing is?

I'm running 96t, and 27t..
And hpi t drift tires..

Please any help would be greatly appreciatd.. and if you could explain about the break force, intial break force, and timing it would be awesome..

Thanks in advance..
Old 10-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Breakforce is what it sounds like, the amount of force your breaks have eg 100%, 75%, 50%... initial break force is where your breaks start at % wise. For drift I'd say set your punch as high as it goes, and your timing as low as it goes. Drag break is the amount of break applied when off the power (throttle in nutral) Punch is how fast it applies power, and timing adds rpm the higher it goes, but that reduces torque. With an 8.5 you don't need any more rpm, so turn it down for more torque.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wollow86
Breakforce is what it sounds like, the amount of force your breaks have eg 100%, 75%, 50%... initial break force is where your breaks start at % wise. For drift I'd say set your punch as high as it goes, and your timing as low as it goes. Drag break is the amount of break applied when off the power (throttle in nutral) Punch is how fast it applies power, and timing adds rpm the higher it goes, but that reduces torque. With an 8.5 you don't need any more rpm, so turn it down for more torque.

Hope that helps.
Dont know much about drifting but i do know this set up well and if you set the timing at zero its not great. The sweet spot is 18 degrees and it flies without creating too much heat. I would imagine you will want to gear it much lower. I was using 84 and 24 on an xray TC.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face

Originally Posted by wollow86

Hope that helps.
So my gearing is okay? How many % break force and intial break force should I use to drift? I do hit the break to swing around corners.

So punch at 9 and timing at 0degree?

I appreciate the help..