R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Radio Selection Advice wanted..its been years since I purchase an CAR radio

I'm getting a Mini-T soon. I'm sure I'll end up with a larger car eventually. I know I'll upgrade the radio soon afterwords. I need help picking a decent radio as I don't know what features are offered.

I don't want to spent a ton..but I want something that will fullfill my needs for some time. I read some radios have variable rate where you you can set say the first half of the trigger pull to just ease on the throttle but the end point is still full throttle, that sounds pretty usefull for controll purposes and I'd like one that has some programability in that are to tune those funtions on throttle and steering.

I'd like 3 channels, I get inventive and a 3rd channel I know will come into play for some crazy idea.

Probably FM I guess, I think most of the better radios are FM. Don't care too much about Synth anything like that. I'm not very brand particular, as long as its a solid radio price wins out. I'll probably be snatching one off Ebay..stuff is usually just cheaper there.

Any help would be appreciated.
Gigaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

You're looking for a mid level computer radio, and the feature you're describing is called exponential. It's something I for one couldn't live without.

The radios I think you should look at are Hitec Aggressor SRX, Futaba 3PM, Airtronics MX-3 and JR XR3i.

I'd say Hitec gives you the most bang for the buck, whereas Futaba, Airtronics and JR are more respected, and more expensive brands.
Bandini is offline   Reply With Quote