Search

Xxx-s Vs Tc3

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Talking Xxx-s Vs Tc3

hi
im looking it to getting a nother electric car. i just had a tc3, and i traded it off. im going to need another one soon, so i need to no what has been the best for everyone. wich one is faster, wich one has better control? thanks for reading.
scott
Old 11-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

XXX-S XXX-S XXX-S XXX-S XXX-S
XXX-S ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

or you could get another TC3 they are both good cars
Old 11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

im kinda gessing u like the XXX-S
Old 11-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Both the XXXs and the TC3 are now discontinued cars. Losi's new car is the JRXS and Associated now has the TC4 out.

I've driven the TC4 and I am very impressed by it. It was faster than my TC3 and my TC3 was working VERY good.

My past experience with the XXXs was that it didn't work for me. I owned two of them and neither was good. I've seen them run very competetively, but not for most people.

The Associated car is very forgiving to different driving styles. It will allow you to blow a corner and regain your speed quickly and remain competetive. The Losi requires a smooth driving style that maintains speed to stay up front.

I'm sure you get many other opinions, but this is mine.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

both are good but your choosing between shaft and belt
as you probably know shaft id better for faster acceleration and belt is better for top speed your choice. for you its what ever your local hobby shop sells parts for
Old 11-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by gotpez
Both the XXXs and the TC3 are now discontinued cars. Losi's new car is the JRXS and Associated now has the TC4 out.

I've driven the TC4 and I am very impressed by it. It was faster than my TC3 and my TC3 was working VERY good.

My past experience with the XXXs was that it didn't work for me. I owned two of them and neither was good. I've seen them run very competetively, but not for most people.

The Associated car is very forgiving to different driving styles. It will allow you to blow a corner and regain your speed quickly and remain competetive. The Losi requires a smooth driving style that maintains speed to stay up front.
The xxx-s is not a discontinued car. The Jrxs is a full blow race machine and I don't think it would be a very good car for parking lot club racing. In the case of the tc3, I would get the tc4 instead because they are basically the same design with the tc4 having many improvements.

I like the way the xxx-s drives and handles. Very smooth car and is very easy to set-up. Between the tc3 and xxx-s i would say the xxx-s is better. Now with the tc4 they are pretty much equal and it just depends if you like a belt or a shaft.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

TC3 for stock... XXX-s for 19T/mod. you only live for so long. BUY BOTH CARS!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Talking

thers somthing i dident think of.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:52 AM

ok if you were smart you would look at all the results of 02 03 . the tc3 it was the best car even after the reedy race of 02 them ever car on the market went to shaft drive we are still winning race and the new car will set the bar againe.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

I've driven both. I had a TC3 for a few years, and then switched to the XXX-S this year.

In reference to the results from 2002-2003... Mike Blackstock won A LOT of races with his TC3, but I don't necessarily think that means the TC3 is the best car around.

Honestly, Mike could drive any car and make it look good. He could probably drive a brick and still whoop up on people.

It's about whatever you are comfortable with... personally, I think the XXX-S is much easier/smoother to drive. I've always thought the TC3 was a bit 'on edge' and twitchy.

They are both awesome cars!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Why not the jrxs Vs tc4 Vs xray FK Vs 415

Chazz
Old 11-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

because im looking for a car i can get used for cheap. my tc3 was really edy also, but i thot it was how i had it stet up.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:51 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

TC3 da best easy to set up easy to maintain parts come cheap to, looks great with all the aluminium parts on