what is the best stock motor out!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Monster based motors, P2K2 based motors and Quad mag based motors

Chazz
Old 11-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Me thinks that the effort that you put in to buying a`fast motor` could be worth your while putting it in to setting up your car to go fast,
Then batts, then motor, don`t forget your praticing in between time, there`s more hidden speed in your car for you then there is to buy, all you got to do is put some effort into it & sort it out & that is Free

You can have the fastest motor/batt combo ever, but if your car handle like a bag of poo? `what a waste
A ill handling car can cook the motor in no time

When you buy a stocker from a tuner ,you are buying there experience & knowledge

So ,get your car sorted first(it`s free) then spend money for horse power ( that cost money)
Old 11-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well put Mr.Jolly.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by TeamButter
Well put Mr.Jolly.

This has nothing to do with motors, but I think you need to change your avatar. It's not really appropriate for this forum.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PizzaDude
Anyone running the Integy / Matrix stockers?
Commentspls.
Well...
Old 11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

here is the track i will be runing on what motor will you use and is the mvp fast like the monster motor here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails what is the best stock motor out!!-proc1101.jpg  
Old 11-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

sorry here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails what is the best stock motor out!!-p2160010.jpg  
Old 11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just a quick not for the guy running the binary 2 in his 2wd. the motor has to many rps for the purpose u chose it for... some motors dont work in some applications...

the monster stock is and has been the best since it came out.. all around it works in every class of racing... the new roar stockm isnt as good on some applications.. it again has lots of rps, and the power doesnt back them up...

if u need help or tips on building a good motor, find a good fast guy at your tyrack,,. ask him whatr he dioes,,, then ask if he can show you how to do it.. this is how i learned 17 years ago... i have never bought a hand tuned motor.. i buy regular motors over the counter.. i take them home .. and build them.. i have never ever had a problem with rip...but i have had problems with chassis setup.. ive sen track records set on motors under 60 in power... its all chassis
Old 11-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

forgot to mentiopn.. no the MVP doesnt even come close to the monster
Old 11-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally posted by nitro kid
here is the track i will be runing on what motor will you use and is the mvp fast like the monster motor here is a pic

Run a Monster its one of the best out there. MVP uh no! Had these in stock and as they sold fast when they first came out they dies off and I got stuck with quite a few. Monsters cant hardly keep in stock and havent heard one bad thing about them
Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by burbs
forgot to mentiopn.. no the MVP doesnt even come close to the monster
That's not all true. I've ran a lot of MVP's and still have two that run better than anything else I've had. Including some new hopped ones from motor builders. The MVP's I have are more torque, therefore really shine on shorter tracks. They have to be geared about 2 teeth high than a Monster motor.
MVP's take some tuning to get fast though. Guess that's why most people don't like them or can't make them fast. The best thing with the MVP is the magnets. Last three times as long as Trinity magnets and don't come loose in the can.

take care
john
Old 11-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the MVP's are alright but they run way to hot. And you cant go wrong with like a binary or monster. I would say get like a EA/Br00d/Putnam motors/brushes.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

I'm an okay driver (upper sportsman/lower expert stock)

I found a good Paradigm tuned Monster dropped both my average and best times by about .2 over my regular MS

.2 a lap over 14-15 laps is a lot. Brought me from a 14/5:01 to a 15/5:19

The numbers game....
5v
Paradigm Monster (after 2 rebuilds w/4499 & stock springs) 26,000 RPM @ 10 amps -Race Motor!

My Regular Monster (after 2 rebuilds w/4499 & stock springs) 21,500 RPM @ 3 amps -Practice Motor

Hmmm.....

If you get a tuned motor it is shimmed just right and as long as you don't f' with the shims it'll remain that way...Same with the brush hoods being aligned properly and the polished shaft/bushings

I could have done all that myself but I got the Paradigm off Ebay for about the same price as a ROM Pro @ the LHS...go figure...
Old 11-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

I think this is turning into the best motor tuner thread. The origional question is what is the best stock motor. Personally go with the Monster based motor unless you are racing offroad truck then go with a P2K2 or P2K. Motor tuner is your decision. Best of luck.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

as far as I can see there is only two stock motors that are really any good,

monster, High RPM, good for fast flowing tracks
P2K2 , High Torque, good for smaller tracks where there are lots of slow corners,

I just buy the base Trinity varients of these and "tune" them as necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.