Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Love that new shell
Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the post Wingman.

Yes, making a debut here in Las Vegas is the new 1:12th car from CRC, the Gen-Xi (inline). The Gen-Xi keeps all the great features (Encore shock, Pro Strut front end, full carbon components) and perfomance of the mutlti-National champion Gen-XL as well as adding a few new features.

In addition, the car also accepts the new 1s "shorty" pack from CRC. The shorty pack fits right down the centerline of the chassis. This yeilds total balance and symmetry unlike the some of the so called "inline designs" that have popped up lately. The new 1s Shorty will be perfect for the 17.5 and 13.5 blinky and boosted racing that is popular in North America. And at 660 grams, the race ready Gen-Xi is a full 70 grams lighter than a 1:12th car equipped with a standard 1s battery. The 4200 mah shorty pack is an powerful 65c cell with the runtime tested to be more than adequate for spec racing classes.

With the winning heritage passed down from the Gen-XL, the car will be equally strong in the modified class with the standard 1s battery installed. The Gen-Xi features over .5" of battery movement, allowing you to really adjust the characteristics of the car. The Xi also has multiple shock mounting positions for altering the weight transfer points.

In addition to the 1s Shorty pack, the new Gen-Xi features a new molded steering block that features a 1/8th inch axle and corresponding bearings. This will make the front end almost bullet proof and yet keep the winning performance of the Pro Strut front suspension.

The Gen-Xi is a great car at a great price, retaining the $199.99 street price in hobby stores and online at teamcrc.com. Not a conversion or half of a car, this is a full racing car kit for less than $200. Available early November. An upgade kit from the GenX and XL will be offered at an affordable price.

We will have more pictures and closeups of both the car and the new battery when we return from the IIC race. For now, you can check out these photos from www.rc50.com;

http://www.rc50.com/modules/coppermi...1/IMG_1562.JPG

http://www.rc50.com/modules/coppermi...1/IMG_1538.JPG

http://www.rc50.com/modules/coppermi...1/IMG_1368.JPG

Thanks,
CRC
Attached Thumbnails New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-gen-xi-full-iso3-1024.jpg   New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-gen-xi-full-iso-shorty-1024.jpg   New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-gen-xi-steeringblock1024.jpg  

Last edited by Team CRC; 10-07-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info Frank and team.

Any change to front track and/or wheelbase?

Trev
Old 10-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Looking at the CAD drawing of the front end, How is the kingping installed Looks a bit different and also no longer supporting inline axle for the front?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the interest and kind words guys!

TrevCoult - front track is the same. Wheelbase is longer than the XL. This does a couple things...1) allows for more room for electronics with the inline battery, 2) allows for a larger window of forward/back battery adjustment to get your front/rear weight bias just right, 3) makes the car very stable and easy to drive, but does not sacrifice corner speed (due to the extra battery placement adjustability).

jdeadman - the king pin still threads in the same place, however it is only into the steering block, not through the axle as well. the 1/8" axle goes through the steering block behind the king pin. this setup is trailing only. If you want to run inline axles, you will need to stay with the original pieces. I would say less than 1% of 12th road course drivers use inline anyway. Inline is most common for oval, and about 50/50 on wgt.

john
Old 10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm assuming inline is the battery running the length of the car instead of side to side. Does it allow this for only the shorty battery or for all the 1-cell batteries?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
Thanks for the interest and kind words guys!

TrevCoult - front track is the same. Wheelbase is longer than the XL. This does a couple things...1) allows for more room for electronics with the inline battery, 2) allows for a larger window of forward/back battery adjustment to get your front/rear weight bias just right, 3) makes the car very stable and easy to drive, but does not sacrifice corner speed (due to the extra battery placement adjustability).

jdeadman - the king pin still threads in the same place, however it is only into the steering block, not through the axle as well. the 1/8" axle goes through the steering block behind the king pin. this setup is trailing only. If you want to run inline axles, you will need to stay with the original pieces. I would say less than 1% of 12th road course drivers use inline anyway. Inline is most common for oval, and about 50/50 on wgt.

john
Thanks John, useful info. I'd be asking Kevin to bring parts back for me if they were available already!

The shorty isn't really high enough capacity in the UK at the moment, where stock is 10.5, so we'll not be running the inline layout for a while. That and we can't run any new cells until next season anyway. There is still enough new and good to upgrade anyway though.

Looking forward to the upgrade kits, I'll be after 2 of them!

Trev
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

+1 trev, I may have a couple also!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

pretty sexy...i can't wait to get the upgrade kit!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi, I love that "shorty" 1 cell lipo pack; but I couldn't find it on the CRC site.

Is it available yet, and how much is it? What is the item#?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Hi, I love that "shorty" 1 cell lipo pack; but I couldn't find it on the CRC site.

Is it available yet, and how much is it? What is the item#?
it's not on the site yet should be shipping in the next couple weeks
Old 10-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

nice looking car.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Does look good and with only 5min heats at our club the shorty should be fine in stock.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How does the 1s shorty compare to the larger rocket pack?

I don't doubt that 4200 is plenty of run time is stock, but I would think that being lower in the batteries discharge curve would be a voltage disadvantage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.