Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Max, thanks for posting all your setups. I have a couple questions if you have time to answer them.

First, what was the deciding factor in you running Magenta/Pink tires instead of Black/Greylow or Black/Yellow on your blinky car? Was there a particular set of circumstances that dictated your choice (ie: that we were using Paragon, or the age of the carpet)? I noticed Kenny Lambert was running Mag/Pink @ the IIC.... is this a common tire setup for Team CRC's blinky cars @ the big races?

Secondly, it looks like you were running a stiffer front end with very little caster... but A LOT of pod droop. Was the goal to stiffen the front end so it scrubbed less speed and depend on weight transfer to get the car to rotate?

Thanks for any info you can share.
I like the feel of the natural rubber throughout the entire run. Tire wear seems to be better with magenta/pink, overall grip seems to be better as well. Honestly that was all I had at the time. Since I almost never run Stock 12th at big races. Magenta/pink and magenta/magenta are the only tires I use in mod. You'll see that Frank Calandra and Andrew Knapp like the grey/black/yellow family of tires in stock. It all boils down to personal preference.

Spec racing is all about corner speed. I would rather have my cars push than over steer. If you put this setup on your car expect it to push. The "a lot of droop" is to compensate for the stiff front end. 60 front springs work really well too. Try is and let me know what you think!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey guys trying to get some input on asphalt tracks and set-up. I will be attending the on-road paved nats, but I have never raced 1/12 scale on asphalt. I would like to get an idea on gearing 17.5 for a large track and tires, what compounds are used mostly on asphalt. Any help our be much appreciated.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Hey guys trying to get some input on asphalt tracks and set-up. I will be attending the on-road paved nats, but I have never raced 1/12 scale on asphalt. I would like to get an idea on gearing 17.5 for a large track and tires, what compounds are used mostly on asphalt. Any help our be much appreciated.
For my limited experience on asphalt with a 1/12th scale, I started with magenta/magenta on a high traction track (Nor-Cal Hobbies). Would put on the next softer tires, either front or rear for tuning to the conditions.

Depending on the motor used and asphalt track, the gearing varies too widely to say much about it.

Is your battery positioned in-line?

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 04-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
For my limited experience on asphalt with a 1/12th scale, I started with magenta/magenta on a high traction track (Nor-Cal Hobbies). Would put on the next softer tires, either front or rear for tuning to the conditions.

Depending on the motor used and asphalt track, the gearing varies too widely to say much about it.

Is your battery positioned in-line?

Bill
I will be racing 17.5 blinky, the traction is med and I will be setting up the Gen-Xi for inline battery placement.

Here is the track I will be racing on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz3zpA3Wq1A

Thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I will be racing 17.5 blinky, the traction is med and I will be setting up the Gen-Xi for inline battery placement.

Here is the track I will be racing on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz3zpA3Wq1A

Thanks
Pretty cool! I think you're going to have a blast. I also like how nice and clean the track is and no dirt mounds anywhere close by!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks
Because I do not see very good traction conditions in the video, you may want to run the pack side-to-side for more weight transfer in the corners.

IMO in-line is best suited to a track with quick switchback turns which I do not see on that monster layout.

Nice asphalt track!

Bill
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Pretty cool! I think you're going to have a blast. I also like how nice and clean the track is and no dirt mounds anywhere close by!
I hear ya! Still laughing at our situation!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I hear ya! Still laughing at our situation!
What situation!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Because I do not see very good traction conditions in the video, you may want to run the pack side-to-side for more weight transfer in the corners.

IMO in-line is best suited to a track with quick switchback turns which I do not see on that monster layout.

Nice asphalt track!

Bill
Where should I start with gearing? thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 1/12th Xi

Just got this car and I have been itching to get one since the IIC race. The inline set has been very intriguing to me. Built the car and it went very well. A++ for the fit and finish of a car that is under $200. I only have a regular size 1 s battery so I installed it in the inline configuration. added the speedo to the left side of the car and the receiver on the right. Set the tweek and ran the car for the first time on Sunday. I was so anxious to practice and get a few laps in and so I forgot to sauce the tires and went out to run. The car was dialed with no sauce and was by far the best car I have driven straight out of the box 13.5 blinky. So if the car ran this well without sauce on asphalt then I knew it would be even better with sauce. Boy was I right. First round of qualifying and the car was amazing. Turned on a dime and boy did it have corner speed. Now all I have to do is change my driving style and not baby it so much in the corners like my old 1/12th scale car. I need to be more aggressive with it and when I started to push it more in the second qualifier it felt even better. Had to leave before the mains so no third run.

I just have to let people know and bump this thread up. The car is amazing to drive right out of the box. Looking forward to getting the car dialed in even more as the weeks continue. I would like to get the CRC shorty pack and re-arrange the electronics to be more balaced in the car eventually. As for now I keep dialing it in as is.

Thanks CRC racing!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

How does the Gen XI feel on asphalt with the inline setup? I have not run my car yet it is almost ready to roll, I set the battery in the standard setup and not the inline. On my Gen X 10 i love running the battery inline seems faster in the corners.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

How does the Gen XI feel on asphalt with the inline setup? I have not run my car yet it is almost ready to roll, I set the battery in the standard setup and not the inline. On my Gen X 10 i love running the battery inline seems faster in the corners.
Car works extremely well on asphalt with the inline setup. It really likes magenta fronts and pink rears on med grip. Won last seasons point series and championship race and won the first race of the current point series. I absoultly love this car.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AOD
Car works extremely well on asphalt with the inline setup. It really likes magenta fronts and pink rears on med grip. Won last seasons point series and championship race and won the first race of the current point series. I absoultly love this car.
Thanks, what size track do you run on?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Car handles awsome in the corners. Fast transitions. Running 13.5 Blinky car is very stable with normal 3.7V size battery. Wish I had a shorty pack to run just for kicks. Running on a 70' x 45' track that is as smooth as carpet. Great traction with grape soda and misting the track with water from a spayer to activate the sticky stuff.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Thanks, what size track do you run on?
We run 13.5 blinky on this track.
Attached Thumbnails New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....-img_20120415_174747.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.