Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have my two XL's Xi'ed minus the inline stuff, which I hope Frank gets the memo in time for the Timezone race this weekend and tosses in a few parts. I look forward to doing my own A vs B. I know moving the battery fwd/backward made a pretty significant difference in the XL, even if it was only 2% total move. I think the longer wheelbase and the inline is opening up some tire choices we were not able to use fully capitalize on in the past. All I can say is the car is good!

Brian - the bumper & thrust guy! Just ask Mario
Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When converting to the XI from the XL, do you need to purchase the inline stuff separately?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cowarn
When converting to the XI from the XL, do you need to purchase the inline stuff separately?
Yes.

The XL to Xi Conversion Kit is part #3206 and the 1s Shorty Adapter Assembly is part #3207. The Adapter works for both in-line configurations...basically Shorty and Longy. I am currently converting my XL over to the Longy configuration.

Both items are now listed in CRC's Conversion Kit section. I assume that shops will have them soon too.

Bill
Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Is there any Date for the release of the short Battery Yet?? Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Will the xi conversion kit work on GenX cars?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Will the xi conversion kit work on GenX cars?
The conversion is named XL to Xi...
Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

is the Shorty Adapter Assembly is part #3207 in the full kit?

-=light=-
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
The conversion is named XL to Xi...
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=CRC3206

The description sounded like the conversion will work on GenX. I just want to be sure.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Deleted

Last edited by Still Bill; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

ok guys, let me explain regarding the XL to Xi upgrade set...

This kit is packaged only with the parts to upgrade an XL. You are getting what is shown in the pics on the CRC site. Chassis, Steering Block and Axles, & flat mount servo mounts. Everything else comes from the XL.

If you are wanting to convert from an older version Gen-X, then you will need some other parts. Yes, all the parts in the Xi upgrade set fit, but there are a few things that were on the Xl and not on older versions, that you won't have.

First and foremost, if you haven't upgraded to the brushless offset rear pod yet, then you may just want to consider a new car since there is very little left on your car that is current and you will be spending as much on upgrades as a new kit anyway. all of the carbon is out of date, the diff hub, the center shock, some of the front end, multiple missing plastic parts that have been molded and added to newer versions, etc.

if you've been upgrading your car along the way and have the brushless offset rear pod already, maybe even the new Encore shock (the old durashock still works great by the way, so this isn't a necessity) then getting the Xi upgrade set is still a great value to get you up to the current specs without spending the coin on a new kit.

Here's what to do when upgrading from an older version Gen-X than the XL. You will need to order your upgrade set from the CRC site as none of our dealers will have this option available, Or if you have already purchased an upgrade from a dealer, then please have that dealer contact us to get you the correct parts to finish the build.

When you place your order on the CRC site, reply to the order confirmation email, and request an "XL Upgrade accesories bag". This is the bag of parts that came with the XL upgrade sets. There will be a $12 charge for this bag of parts but this will get you all the things missing from not having an XL. The long clamping side links, the battery blockers, antenna mount, red aluminum angled servo mounts, and some necessary screws. If you added up all these parts individually, it would be around $30.

There is no part number for this, and it is limited to only the bags we have left over from unsold XL upgrade sets. We will not be making more of these and stocking them, hence no part number and having to order it from us.

We think at this point, most of the cars out there are XL's, but we know there are a few of you that will benefit from this option, so we'd rather offer the parts to you at a great discount, rather than spending the time to "un-package" a bunch of parts and put them back into the mix for new kits.

If you have any questions, please send me an email to john at teamcrc . com rather than sending me a pm. As you can imagine, we are extremely busy right now trying to get caught up and ship the new stuff out to all of you who are waiting for it to come in, so unfortunately i won't have alot of time for coming back online and checking pm's. If you send me an email between 9 am and 5 pm eastern time, you will get response usually within a half hour. Or, you are also welcome to call the office between those hours as well.

Thanks everybody,
John
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by light
is the Shorty Adapter Assembly is part #3207 in the full kit?

-=light=-
Yes it is.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cowarn
Yes part# 3207
Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is the part number for these pink shoes I have been hearing about?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Got few small setup changes to inline setup I've been fiddling with if things go as good as last week I'll post them up tomorrow night
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.