Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Much-More cell master v1 >

Team Much-More cell master v1

Team Much-More cell master v1

Old 01-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

hey guys,

question: I am interested in getting a MR Edition of the Cell Master, but are you able to use the charger to power a lathe???
Old 01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

No the cell masters do not have a motor run feature.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

did any of you guys here encountered over voltage while charging?? it cant charge my batts.. as i hit the charge it will say over voltage.. all of my packs... but in other charger the batts are ok.. what do you think??
Old 01-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Make sure that you have selected the right number of cells to charge
Old 01-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shift
Make sure that you have selected the right number of cells to charge
cell numbers are right... and im hoping that my charger is not broken...
i tried charging single cell and set it at 1cell but over voltage occurs... hmmmmm.. any idea?? muchmore team any idea??
Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
i tried charging single cell and set it at 1cell but over voltage occurs... hmmmmm.. any idea?? muchmore team any idea??
Try Factory Reset.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default 'over voltage'

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
Hi,

Try the factory reset, hold down the left key for 3 seconds then scroll up and confirm 'yes' to 'factory reset'. Make sure you have the number of cells set correctly for each of the charge options.

Before you connect a pack of cells the voltage reading (top right of the screen) should be showing the input voltage of the power supply, then when you connect the cells up it will show the battery voltage. If these two readings look OK, you should have no problems....

If problems persist, maybe try another power supply before contacting your local Muchmore distributor.

Hope this helps.

Keith.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by keithander
Hi,

Try the factory reset, hold down the left key for 3 seconds then scroll up and confirm 'yes' to 'factory reset'. Make sure you have the number of cells set correctly for each of the charge options.

Before you connect a pack of cells the voltage reading (top right of the screen) should be showing the input voltage of the power supply, then when you connect the cells up it will show the battery voltage. If these two readings look OK, you should have no problems....

If problems persist, maybe try another power supply before contacting your local Muchmore distributor.

Hope this helps.

Keith.

yes i tried that also sir.. but no luck in charging.. it has a power supply voltage, and when i clipped my batts the volts of the batts will display.. and all cells are set correctly according to the cells that i will be charging.. still same error.. just trying to charge again but no luck... its weird..
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

had a similar problem but mine was the other way around (low voltage reading from the batts). ended up sending the unit back to much more c/o lhs.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
had a similar problem but mine was the other way around (low voltage reading from the batts). ended up sending the unit back to much more c/o lhs.
sir VooDooPH,, all are ok now.. its working again.. i noticed that the negative wire (thin wire) is not soldered... then i soldered it and worked again.. thanks..

Last edited by nikkiesteban; 01-28-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
ok. thanks! tried it but it says ".7A" when charging (eventhough i entered ".8A")... is this normal?
lipo's are charged with a constant voltage method, which is not like constant current used for nimh/nicd. when lipos are very low they will have a low resistance and much current will flow into them, so the setting on your charger limits the current to, in your case, 0.8 amps. as the pack becomes more charged the resistance goes up so the current that the cells will accept decreases (remember V=IR, where I= current V= voltage R= resistance) until when the pack is charged there is only a tiny amount of current flowing. As you can see the current limit (what you set) only comes into play when the pack is very low, so when your pack is only accepting .7A its signifying thats its low but not fully discharged.

If you want to see how the current decreases, just watch your battery. Its also good to check on it if you have limited time because when the charge current is very low you know that your pack is nearly charged, and depending on your needs, you can probably disconnect it before its fully charged, so that you may use it.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floodo1
lipo's are charged with a constant voltage method, which is not like constant current used for nimh/nicd. when lipos are very low they will have a low resistance and much current will flow into them, so the setting on your charger limits the current to, in your case, 0.8 amps. as the pack becomes more charged the resistance goes up so the current that the cells will accept decreases (remember V=IR, where I= current V= voltage R= resistance) until when the pack is charged there is only a tiny amount of current flowing. As you can see the current limit (what you set) only comes into play when the pack is very low, so when your pack is only accepting .7A its signifying thats its low but not fully discharged.

If you want to see how the current decreases, just watch your battery. Its also good to check on it if you have limited time because when the charge current is very low you know that your pack is nearly charged, and depending on your needs, you can probably disconnect it before its fully charged, so that you may use it.

great! thanks for this. sorta got worried there!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi

Is it normal for the 2 fans in the charger to turn on and off individually? One of the fan in my charger is not running.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am a little anoyed with the noise my Cell Master makes, because in Winter we run Mini-Z in a quit small place and people started to moan about his noise. The fans switch on as soon as the charger starts to charge (is this normal, shouldnt the fans switch on only when the charger has reached a certain temperature?). So today I opend it up and tryed to isolate the fans from the housing to make the noise less anoying, but that seems to be quite difficult. But i saw that the fans are connected with connectors to the print board and can be undone. So my question is what charge current will be ok for the charger with the fans disconnected? Is 4 cell 1A charge safe? Will 6 cell 4A be definately to much?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drifter
I am a little anoyed with the noise my Cell Master makes, because in Winter we run Mini-Z in a quit small place and people started to moan about his noise. The fans switch on as soon as the charger starts to charge (is this normal, shouldnt the fans switch on only when the charger has reached a certain temperature?). So today I opend it up and tryed to isolate the fans from the housing to make the noise less anoying, but that seems to be quite difficult. But i saw that the fans are connected with connectors to the print board and can be undone. So my question is what charge current will be ok for the charger with the fans disconnected? Is 4 cell 1A charge safe? Will 6 cell 4A be definately to much?
It is normal for the fans to operate when you start charging. It makes the charger more effiecient as there will be less heat.

I don't recommend removing the fan. That will void the warranty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.