R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Why isn't there a dedicated large scale furum here? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/555510-why-isnt-there-dedicated-large-scale-furum-here.html)

chazTKT 09-30-2011 09:32 AM

Why isn't there a dedicated large scale furum here?

Yeah, why is that?

Serzoni 09-30-2011 09:33 AM

http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-larger-scales-more-5/

chazTKT 09-30-2011 09:58 AM

You're missing the point, oval and more lumps alot of other vehicles in with 5th scale on and off road, which doesn't matter to you here because this forum is dedicated to one specific type of vehicle. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if other r/c vehicle enthusiasts chatted here because you would have to sift through all of them to get to a topic you're interested in, not to mention how lame it is when more than two types of vehicles are being discussed at once. Is there no room for a couple more forums?....thanks for responding though...WHO's IN CHARGE HERE?

JamesL_71 09-30-2011 10:06 AM

Well... PM a Mod and request a dedicated subforum?

I think the main reason is the lack of popularity. I mean, let's be honest:

Electric On-Road [118 users browsing]

Nitro On-Road [45 users browsing]

Electric Off-Road [161 users browsing]

Nitro Off-Road [81 users browsing]

Oval, Larger Scales and More [7 users browsing]

Does it really needs a standalone forum for 7 people to chat?

liljohn1064 09-30-2011 10:07 AM

Post a PM to Matt M. with a description what thread you would like to see with legitimate reasons for it to exist.

For Instance sub topics under Electric and Nitro Onroad:

Oval Electric, Oval Nitro, 5th Nitro Road Course, etc and on.

Your basic reasoning is close, but needs some clarification.

liljohn1064 09-30-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JamesL_71 (Post 9723612)
Well... PM a Mod and request a dedicated subforum?

I think the main reason is the lack of popularity. I mean, let's be honest:

Electric On-Road [118 users browsing]

Nitro On-Road [45 users browsing]

Electric Off-Road [161 users browsing]

Nitro Off-Road [81 users browsing]

Oval, Larger Scales and More [7 users browsing]

Does it really needs a standalone forum for 7 people to chat?

Under each could be sub topics just to keep the clutter down. Electric On-Road could have subs for various branches. It would clean up the search functionality also.

Serzoni 09-30-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by chazTKT (Post 9723582)
You're missing the point, oval and more lumps alot of other vehicles in with 5th scale on and off road, which doesn't matter to you here because this forum is dedicated to one specific type of vehicle. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if other r/c vehicle enthusiasts chatted here because you would have to sift through all of them to get to a topic you're interested in, not to mention how lame it is when more than two types of vehicles are being discussed at once. Is there no room for a couple more forums?....thanks for responding though...WHO's IN CHARGE HERE?

Actually, I didn't miss the point. Look at JamesL's post - 7 users. I also happen to own a 1/5th scale, race oval, and have a 235mm pan car (the thread for these is also in that section instead of electric onroad.. explain that). I also find it irritating that when electric 1/8th scale took off that the electric offroad forum went from discussions about 1/10th offroad that was the norm to 500 threads asking about diff fluids and what kv motor/cell count a person should be running in their buggy. Also, "electric onroad" doesn't pertain to "one specific type of vehicle". It includes touring cars, drift cars, 12th scales, world gt, and now 1/8 electric conversions. If anything, the oval and 235mm threads should be in this section, not with the 1/5th scale and dirt oval threads.:tire:

chazTKT 09-30-2011 10:46 AM

Thank you, I didn't think you understood,I feel better now. Note how many loggers are in large scale forums.com, and I can't wait to hear the first person to say isn't that site enough, waaaaah. heh.

JamesL_71 09-30-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by chazTKT (Post 9723765)
Thank you, I didn't think you understood,I feel better now. Note how many loggers are in large scale forums.com, and I can't wait to hear the first person to say isn't that site enough, waaaaah. heh.

Well... I can't see how many registered users are online currently @ LSF.com... but if you look at the subforums, each one has 100s of threads and 1000s of post.

Compared to 10s of thousands of threads and MILLIONS of posts in the popular subforums on RCTech.

That indicates to me that, indeed, the large scale cars are not anywhere near as popular as other forms of RC cars.

Regardless, this really shouldn't even be a debate. If you feel there is a need for a dedicated subforum solely for the purpose of discussing large scale RC cars/trucks, PM a moderator requesting as such. If they share your feelings, Im sure your request will be granted. If not, again, it hinges on the popularity... or lackthereof.

notch johnson 09-30-2011 11:28 AM

Just make your own webstie and then you can do what you want...