Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before I bought my first xray I thought it was odd they didn't include aluminum shocks and I figured I would need to buy a set for it, but I ended up finding that I really like the plastic shocks. I'm still amazed at how long they stay buttery smooth. Far better than my previous cars' aluminum shocks.

I do wish most of the parts were a little cheaper, but the quality is really top notch. Even the plastics are much better quality than the plastic you find on other brands. I also wish they had adjustable lipo hooks and an adjustable center piece to keep the battery in place and allow for balancing by battery position. My current batteries fit and balance fine, but my previous batteries would have been off balance and have a sloppy fit.

The spool is fine, the turnbuckles are fine and the steering rack is fine too. I have no intention of changing those parts. Some of the shims really should be aluminum for precision. I agree on that point.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow someone pays $25 for shims
here are some for $9 they are blue but they are cheaper. A little of that oven cleaner and you would never know they were blue.
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=3309

To be honest I don't understand Xray's thinking on a few things. Why don't they update the T3R more often. Personally I would by one if it had some of the features of the latest car, and like others said all of us tend to upgrade. Look at the Sakura Zero cars, I know several people that got the S version and within the year had upgraded the car enough that it was basically a full cf zero. I would think this would be in Xray's best interest money wise to do things like that. Like wise if they were to offer a more up to date R model give the full version all the bells and whistles. The money they make on the upgrades from the R models would more than cover the bells and whistles on the full versions. Eh what do I know I'm still running an 007 and a 009.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgerber
here are some for $9 they are blue but they are cheaper. A little of that oven cleaner and you would never know they were blue.

To be honest I don't understand Xray's thinking on a few things. Why don't they update the T3R more often. Personally I would by one if it had some of the features of the latest car, and like others said all of us tend to upgrade. Look at the Sakura Zero cars, I know several people that got the S version and within the year had upgraded the car enough that it was basically a full cf zero. I would think this would be in Xray's best interest money wise to do things like that. Like wise if they were to offer a more up to date R model give the full version all the bells and whistles. The money they make on the upgrades from the R models would more than cover the bells and whistles on the full versions. Eh what do I know I'm still running an 007 and a 009.
sounds like they only put out the r version every few years. Not knocking people who arent upgrading every year but I know the company sells the new kits regardless. Then the people who can sell their old kits.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even if you remove the blue, that fact that it was blue at one time makes it completely unacceptable to use on an xray.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Shims

Top racing has them in black in .5 increments and two different o.d.s and are priced cheap
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Or simply go to your local hardware&tools shop and buy shims and screws for the price they are really worth
Old 06-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

"What things can we go cheap on that won't affect performance, but will bother the type of people that spend extra to run our cars so much that they'll pay for upgrades with huge profit margins?"

I mean c'mon, plastic shims? They probably cost MORE to make!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
"What things can we go cheap on that won't affect performance, but will bother the type of people that spend extra to run our cars so much that they'll pay for upgrades with huge profit margins?"

I mean c'mon, plastic shims? They probably cost MORE to make!
First off great change in avatar.....second off. In america it would cost more to make. In Slovakia plastic MAY be cheaper...dunno though
Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Lots of people pay that much for shims...X-ray shims are very expensive.

I just picked these...and figured two packs...I can't even make this stuff up. It is real!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...05mm-15mm-25mm
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Team Associated Front Bulkhead Shim
[ASC4617]

****Low*Price:*$6.39*
A main hobbies. May be sac religious but ehhh I use a bag a car but I won't tell where........trust me the blue isn't that obvious.....just in case that that last part sarcasam?

So confused though Xray is overpriced cause they don't include the shocks and other little stuff but you bought 25 bucks of X-ray shims? Just confused. I mean simply put I've dropped a ton on xray parts but I knew what I was getting into both times so I skimped on shims and paid 13 bucks.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Black shims at reflex racing: $2.99 per 10 pack
Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Lots of people pay that much for shims...X-ray shims are very expensive.

I just picked these...and figured two packs...I can't even make this stuff up. It is real!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...05mm-15mm-25mm
Artwork are you making the trek out to leisure for the nationals?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Artwork are you making the trek out to leisure for the nationals?
I really want to, but not sure I will be able to. Rental cars hurt the racing budget and that tracks seems like a trek from hotels and the airports. Maybe at best!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Looking if anyone has had this problem as I'm just trying to find the source....

I keep striping spur gears and tossing set screws for the pinion. The gear mesh is set correctly (I have had a number of Xray people look at the gear mesh and all agree it is correct.) it does not seem to matter what motor (4 different ones) or what pinion (5 different ones).

Any ideas to why this is occurring?

Oh, All I run is blinky 17.5.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
CSO New Suspenion mount for T3'12
had 2.5 , 2.75 & 3.0 Toe-in Mount.

& Alu Servo Arm Set

ready to ship NOW !
anyone try these ? what is the word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.