Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hmm, maybe it's just bad luck. This is the first bent CVD I've had on this track in 3 years with all manner of cars. I don't hit anything, either. Everything has been solid otherwise. Maybe I'll try 50's.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hmm, maybe it's just bad luck. This is the first bent CVD I've had on this track in 3 years with all manner of cars. I don't hit anything, either. Everything has been solid otherwise. Maybe I'll try 50's.
Soooo...while creating some sheets in the setup database I saw your buddy Art had a setup in there From all the crap he gives ya I figured it was public knowledge that he is anti-XRAY
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

One of the perks of being a privateer is you're free to use whatever you think gives you the best chance to win.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Soooo...while creating some sheets in the setup database I saw your buddy Art had a setup in there From all the crap he gives ya I figured it was public knowledge that he is anti-XRAY
Are you cyber-stalking me...?

So far I am liking the car, but it still has a long way to go setup wise. Box stock setup is good for hot lap, but being consistent with it is hard. I wanted to baseline my setup in the Xray setup database before posting my setup progression. I spent some serious time at the track recently and am making big strides in the right direction.

I am pretty much anti-whatever I am not running at the time ...I have owned and raced a lot of touring cars (afraid to admit how many) in my time so I have experience with almost all of them in one way or another. I can honestly run whatever I want, and had an itch for something different. The Xray 2012 got a lot right over the previous cars and drew me into trying it out. I am not sure it is better then the 417 but it is different. I am still enjoying the car and am fine tuning the setup for my liking. Time will tell...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
One of the perks of being a privateer is you're free to use whatever you think gives you the best chance to win.
Originally Posted by artwork

So far I am liking the car, but it still has a long way to go setup wise. Box stock setup is good for hot lap, but being consistent with it is hard. I wanted to baseline my setup in the Xray setup database before posting my setup progression. I spent some serious time at the track recently and am making big strides in the right direction.

I am pretty much anti-whatever I am not running at the time ...I have owned and raced a lot of touring cars (afraid to admit how many) in my time so I have experience with almost all of them in one way or another. I can honestly run whatever I want, and had an itch for something different. The Xray 2012 got a lot right over the previous cars and drew me into trying it out. I am not sure it is better then the 417 but it is different. I am still enjoying the car and am fine tuning the setup for my liking. Time will tell...
LOL, Got it
Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You didnt think the stock setup was easy to drive? Holy cow....I thought it was easier to drive than my snowbirds car from last year. LMK what you learn....I havent really been able to make mine a ton faster over the stock setup.

EA
Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default T3 2012

I have the 2011 car with the gear diff and alum. shocks and some other goodies on it. I am doing the servo mod this week also. My question is to the Team guys is should I drop the cash on the 2012 or stick with my 2011? Is the 2012 that much better? Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

My car was in the Hudy setup bench when suddenly my car blipped the throttle. The front jump in the air and I immediately removed the pinion. While I was busy setting the camber and the motor blipped once in a while. Never had this before :/ Anyway, I recalibrated my M11x and I think/hope the problem is gone.

I noticed one of my 52mm steel shafts is twisted and bend I actually didn't notice it while racing. It vibrates a little on the stand, but the vibration from not having ECS shafts is 100x worse.
I'm seriously doubting to buy xray ECS shafts, but the price is quite high and I wonder if they break faster then the normal shafts. I am not a pro driver and I only drive onroad (touring car) for 1.5 months. I've done a few races and always start in the A main and usually end in the top 5 in 17.5T boosted.

I've read that some people were having problems with the pins, but there if I am right, there was running change with the ECS shafts. Is this true?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by haywood
I have the 2011 car with the gear diff and alum. shocks and some other goodies on it. I am doing the servo mod this week also. My question is to the Team guys is should I drop the cash on the 2012 or stick with my 2011? Is the 2012 that much better? Thanks
Tell me everything you have on the car? Any plastics due for replacement?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Tell me everything you have on the car? Any plastics due for replacement?
Primary car has the following

Spec r gear diff
Hudy ecs
Alum. Shocks
Ceramic bearings
Side piece outdrives
Servo Mod.
+.75 and -.75 hex
Plastics are original except for the 1 degree rear hubs. I would keep a lot of this stuff for the new chassis if purchased.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You didnt think the stock setup was easy to drive? Holy cow....I thought it was easier to drive than my snowbirds car from last year. LMK what you learn....I havent really been able to make mine a ton faster over the stock setup.

EA
EA-

Yeah I have spent a lot of time with the stock setup and find the car on the nose at our track with the Solaris (M) tires. As the grip comes up the car gets very aggressive and as a result the car feels loose mid corner. The biggest change that I have made with great results is the low roll center mounts in rear with .15mm under the aluminum mounts. The car becomes so much more well behaved especially in the high speed sections. I have also found that the ECSs seem to take away some steering...

I have also been running with the LTC-R and I think that is a mistake. I have a couple of speed 6's on the way which seems to be a good compromise and will help stick the car a little better.

I have been impressed with the way the car responds to setup changes. I seem to feel every change I do to the car. I think I tried about 30 different changes yesterday and was able to feel the subtle differences in each one. I had one guy at the track giggling that a .15mm shim under the blocks would even make a difference and I will tell you that I could feel it. Kind of a nice feature of the car.

I look forward to hearing about what changes the team guys are running to help improve the base setup. I think the kit setup is much better then most, but it is not for me right now.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Built my 2012 shocks, all 4 leaked not even run yet. Ok, rebuilt again and sitting in my room, all 4 leaked again. Took out the 0-ring and the shaft and found out the o ring is too big for the shaft. It doesn't seal tight enough. Way too lose. Shaft is 3.18mm and the 0-ring seems like 3.2mm inside. What to know what is the solution? I already using another new o-ring.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Built my 2012 shocks, all 4 leaked not even run yet. Ok, rebuilt again and sitting in my room, all 4 leaked again. Took out the 0-ring and the shaft and found out the o ring is too big for the shaft. It doesn't seal tight enough. Way too lose. Shaft is 3.18mm and the 0-ring seems like 3.2mm inside. What to know what is the solution? I already using another new o-ring.
Just run them. The o-ring starts swelling when there's oil on it. The leaking should be over after a few days.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

EA-

Yeah I have spent a lot of time with the stock setup and find the car on the nose at our track with the Solaris (M) tires. As the grip comes up the car gets very aggressive and as a result the car feels loose mid corner. The biggest change that I have made with great results is the low roll center mounts in rear with .15mm under the aluminum mounts. The car becomes so much more well behaved especially in the high speed sections. I have also found that the ECSs seem to take away some steering...

I have also been running with the LTC-R and I think that is a mistake. I have a couple of speed 6's on the way which seems to be a good compromise and will help stick the car a little better.

I have been impressed with the way the car responds to setup changes. I seem to feel every change I do to the car. I think I tried about 30 different changes yesterday and was able to feel the subtle differences in each one. I had one guy at the track giggling that a .15mm shim under the blocks would even make a difference and I will tell you that I could feel it. Kind of a nice feature of the car.

I look forward to hearing about what changes the team guys are running to help improve the base setup. I think the kit setup is much better then most, but it is not for me right now.
When I changed to Xray (T2'009) I was impressed because you feel every change on the car. For me this is by now typical for Xray. Obviously same on the T3'012.

The body makes a big difference to what I have experienced so far. Bought a Protoform R9-R because I was tolded it gives good steering. But it is undrivable on tight fast tracks with chicanes. Run the LTC-R which is smoother. But the Mazda is even more neutral and I dont have any problems with too less steering.

I am still running the basic carpet setup till now except I changd to 2000 oil in the gear diff and use a more inner hole in the shock towers. Did you try to shim the shocks in front? Calms down the car a lot.
I could imagine that removing the inner shim on the rear upper linkage might also help.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Mine never leaked. What oil did you used? Are you sure you put the right oring at the right place?
As said the oring should "grow" a little when in contact with the silicon oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.