R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #1111
Tech Initiate
 
Marek Gadomski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Hi Marek,

The belt napping is probably related as much to driving technique as it is setup. I've not managed to snap a belt since September, racing is similar high grip environments and just being careful with throttle applications.

What sort of motor/track conditions do you race in?
X12 5.5 modified rubber sorex 28 high grip carpet / medium asphalt
__________________
____________________________________________________
Tamiya TRF 417X-Speed Passion-Thunder Power-KoPropo
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/marc.gad
Marek Gadomski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #1112
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,792
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzgit View Post
hey guys,

I also finished my new t3 '12 last week, now everything is setup but didn't have a chance to test the car yet. However the parts quality is awesome and booklet is clear, I really liked it.

I have only one question, the rear small AL. bulks which gives the toe in.. During the assambly of it when I screwed these small bulks, I recognized that they move a little which changes the rear toe angle..After the assambly I found out that the rear right toe in is 3mm and rear left toe in is 2.5mm ..I am sure that I assambled everything correct way double checked already.. There is some variation I guess, have you guys seen such issue or is it normal?

Many thanks in advance.
What is the deal with the 2012 rear toe issues? I have seen this time and time again! I have never had this problem on my 2011.
__________________
Calandra Racing Concepts/ Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #1113
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Can't find the video you mentioned.

I also found the problem with the rear toe using Integy's system which I had before.
yes we have checked the issue with the setup board which has ruler and other equip connected to shafts without wheels.

actually it is not the measuring issue, when assambling the small bulks, if you rotate it a bit and screw like that it is kept pointing different toe angle..when you unscrew and screw again, it is different toe angle ...it is the bulk itself.

check out the xray instruction manual page 10, top picture it says "the rear aliminum holders have integrated rear toe in" as you can see the red line angle changes everytime you unscrew these bulks and screw again...weird.
__________________
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/cakercshop/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf"]TEAM SHEPHERD TURKEY[/URL]
Duzgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #1114
Tech Elite
 
entitymugenmtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northridge ca
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx
Default

This is my first Xray I didn't have any problems with the rear toe both show 3
__________________
SPONSORS.....MY CHECKBOOK....
entitymugenmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #1115
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Istanbul/Turkey
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j dogg View Post
Hi make sure u have the rear hinge pin holders on right if u look at them the flat side should b facing the bulk heads .my buddy had the same problem and that was it.
thanks jeff.
hi mate, thanks for your information, I have double checked , they are correct, as I have mentioned in my above post, they are directly realted with the Al. bulks itself.
__________________
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/cakercshop/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf"]TEAM SHEPHERD TURKEY[/URL]
Duzgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #1116
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Did you check this with setup wheels and a ruler? If you search youtube you can see Collari pointing out a minor imperfection in the HUDY setup system which gives an inaccurate reading of toe-in. I have heard other top drivers state the same.

Just my two cents.

- Emil
Do you have a link of that video?
__________________
Serpent BeNeLux teamdriver // FX Engines // Nitrolux fuel
My blog: http://scrubbingspeed.wordpress.com
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #1117
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,792
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Do you have a link of that video?
If I want 1.5 of negative camber I set it at 2 on the Hudy. Not sure on toe.
__________________
Calandra Racing Concepts/ Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /

Last edited by haywood; 01-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #1118
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzgit View Post
yes we have checked the issue with the setup board which has ruler and other equip connected to shafts without wheels.

actually it is not the measuring issue, when assambling the small bulks, if you rotate it a bit and screw like that it is kept pointing different toe angle..when you unscrew and screw again, it is different toe angle ...it is the bulk itself.

check out the xray instruction manual page 10, top picture it says "the rear aliminum holders have integrated rear toe in" as you can see the red line angle changes everytime you unscrew these bulks and screw again...weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzgit View Post
hi mate, thanks for your information, I have double checked , they are correct, as I have mentioned in my above post, they are directly realted with the Al. bulks itself.
I have also noticed before that there is a small difference in the rear single piece block, it seems very slightly offset to one side when measured against the main rear bulkheads.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #1119
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 73
Send a message via MSN to Emil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Do you have a link of that video?

Sorry it was Salven not Collari but here is the link:

Try http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...1135l0.6.1l7l0.

- Emil
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #1120
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 276
Default

http://www.vbcracing.com/Main.html#/tuning_kits.html

Hum... the T32 both "F" and "S" looks slick. Ordered both and can't wait to try it.
__________________
http://www.gpm-parts.com
gpm-parts.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #1121
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Sorry it was Salven not Collari but here is the link:

Try http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...1135l0.6.1l7l0.

- Emil
Do you mean this one? I've seen it last week, but he doesn't explain why it's wrong unfortuately. Mine reads 3 on each side of my T3, but I haven't tried it with a ruler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFfD...&feature#t=436
__________________
Serpent BeNeLux teamdriver // FX Engines // Nitrolux fuel
My blog: http://scrubbingspeed.wordpress.com
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #1122
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default Turnbuckle positioning!!

Hi guys,

One of the more common setup changes on the xray is altering the upper turnbuckle position and therefore affecting the cars rollcenter and camber change. Could someone please give a detailed explanation of how altering the height and angle of the turnbuckle using shims affects the cars handling?

thanks!!
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #1123
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hi guys,

One of the more common setup changes on the xray is altering the upper turnbuckle position and therefore affecting the cars rollcenter and camber change. Could someone please give a detailed explanation of how altering the height and angle of the turnbuckle using shims affects the cars handling?

thanks!!
+1. Just need an understanding on the following issuse as well, and if someone can explain it to me like I am a two year old, my english in not good,
Making the top links longer in front does what ?
Making the top links longer in rear does what ?
Adding shims to the front inner link on bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer front link on the c hub does what?
Adding shims to the inner rear ling on the bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer rear link on the hub does what?
Making the front wider then the rear does what?
Making the rear wider then the front does what?
I read the triple x setup guide, and it was gibberish to me, so thanks in advance for helping with these questions
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #1124
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraz View Post
+1. Just need an understanding on the following issuse as well, and if someone can explain it to me like I am a two year old, my english in not good,
Making the top links longer in front does what ?
Making the top links longer in rear does what ?
Adding shims to the front inner link on bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer front link on the c hub does what?
Adding shims to the inner rear ling on the bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer rear link on the hub does what?
Making the front wider then the rear does what?
Making the rear wider then the front does what?
I read the triple x setup guide, and it was gibberish to me, so thanks in advance for helping with these questions
OK here we go...

Making the top links longer in front does what ?

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Making the top links longer in rear does what ?

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the front inner link on bulk head does what?

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the outer front link on the c hub does what?

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Adding shims to the inner rear ling on the bulk head does what?

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the outer rear link on the hub does what?

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Making the front wider then the rear does what?

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Making the rear wider then the front does what?

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Flatter links in general are considered stiffer and angled links are considered softer...

Remember whatever change you do will effect the overall balance of the car, so you are not just effecting one side or end of the car!
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1125
Tech Addict
 
mutley001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
OK here we go...

Making the top links longer in front does what ?

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Making the top links longer in rear does what ?

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the front inner link on bulk head does what?

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the outer front link on the c hub does what?

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Adding shims to the inner rear ling on the bulk head does what?

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Adding shims to the outer rear link on the hub does what?

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Making the front wider then the rear does what?

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Making the rear wider then the front does what?

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Flatter links in general are considered stiffer and angled links are considered softer...

Remember whatever change you do will effect the overall balance of the car, so you are not just effecting one side or end of the car!
Great discription thanks very much
Also on the subject I ran across this on the xray site - also very useful
__________________
ARC R11 2017
ARC R10 2013
EA Motorsports www.teameamotorsports.com
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net