R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #76
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Looks like another winner

Not sure if I will be spending money just yet, already turned servo around (did that before even trying the car as standard), already have bulkhead clamps, already have two gear diffs, multi diff and ball diff (and use all as a tunning aids) already have ali shocks and like that I can stiffen up the front with the screws through the steering posts.

Might be more likely to spend money if there is a one piece block that holds the pin for the A arms and spacers inside the hub carriers to reduce slop. better pins in the UJ's or a sleeve to stop the pins coming out and some better quality bearings.

All that said, if your car has had a hard outdoor season and you are looking to replace it, I am sure the new T3 2012 will not disappoint. I have been involved in racing r/c cars for over 20years and without doubt thr T3 11 is the best car I have ever built, lets hope that continues with the T3 12



Quiet fancy one of those Awesomatrix things though

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #77
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Bodies

With the change in shock towers does anyone know if we will be able to use the same body we run on our T3 10 and 11 Xrays
__________________
West Coast RC Raceway / TQ Raceway
TRESFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRESFR View Post
With the change in shock towers does anyone know if we will be able to use the same body we run on our T3 10 and 11 Xrays
car isn't out yet... And usually the team drivers get parts to update their cars when there is an evolution of the old car. This would be dependent on the wheelbase staying the same (chassis length) and if they choose to use the same body post width... Ask again when the car is actually shipping to the EU lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #79
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
According to Martin this is not the car

No, this is one of the prototype chassis that we have been testing. It is Paul Lemieux`s car. The T3`12 chassis and top deck as well as shock towers are different

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....5142e&start=40
Paul has a habit of testing things on his own program (home made chassis and what not). Note on the upper bulkheads they are the old bulkheads with some height adjustment... So you can't always count on what he or Hagberg have on their cars as the new to be released parts. Keep in mind there is ongoing development to test new parts, most of which will never make it into production. The new car however is sure to please most people (I still know some hardcore guys that would rather run ball diffs for better corner speed) but c'est la vis.

Hope this helps.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #80
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Paul has a habit of testing things on his own program (home made chassis and what not). Note on the upper bulkheads they are the old bulkheads with some height adjustment... So you can't always count on what he or Hagberg have on their cars as the new to be released parts. Keep in mind there is ongoing development to test new parts, most of which will never make it into production. The new car however is sure to please most people (I still know some hardcore guys that would rather run ball diffs for better corner speed) but c'est la vis.

Hope this helps.
Funny, one of the more enthusiastic Aussie team drivers had also milled down his front bulkhead clamps to be lower than L like Paul has on the rear of his IIC car. Not sure if it made him faster but it sure looks cool
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #81
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

spec r upper clamps are lower than xra y ones and they are quite affordable
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I hope Xray will come up with a creative servo mount to keep the chassis the current width or they may as well make it same width as the HB TCX.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Funny, one of the more enthusiastic Aussie team drivers had also milled down his front bulkhead clamps to be lower than L like Paul has on the rear of his IIC car. Not sure if it made him faster but it sure looks cool
It's a better solution than the hobo link lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #84
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
It's a better solution than the hobo link lol.
I had forgotten about that! But hey it's kit setup on the TC6
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

The drip feeding continues on twitter

Xray Racing Cars
All details about the new XRAY T3 2012 to be released this week at http://t.co/p3TzeZJN #RcCar #XRAY


Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
The drip feeding continues on twitter

Xray Racing Cars
All details about the new XRAY T3 2012 to be released this week at http://t.co/p3TzeZJN #RcCar #XRAY


Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
Just curious when the release date is lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #87
Tech Master
 
ByteStream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
Not sure about that .. I saw the cars close up and nothing really jumped out at me. If that was the 2012, then it was underwhelming, adj upper bulkheads, gear diff, the chassis was slightly different but not much. I saw one of the cars with the top deck mentioned back a ways in this post. Unless of course they switched cars sometime during the race .. but doubt it.

Here are some links to pics taken at the race.

Pics 370 - 375
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=67&pos=369

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...6-DSC_0369/lg/
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #88
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Not sure about that .. I saw the cars close up and nothing really jumped out at me. If that was the 2012, then it was underwhelming, adj upper bulkheads, gear diff, the chassis was slightly different but not much. I saw one of the cars with the top deck mentioned back a ways in this post. Unless of course they switched cars sometime during the race .. but doubt it.

Here are some links to pics taken at the race.

Pics 370 - 375
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=67&pos=369

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...6-DSC_0369/lg/
Not it I'm told
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Not sure about that .. I saw the cars close up and nothing really jumped out at me. If that was the 2012, then it was underwhelming, adj upper bulkheads, gear diff, the chassis was slightly different but not much. I saw one of the cars with the top deck mentioned back a ways in this post. Unless of course they switched cars sometime during the race .. but doubt it.

Here are some links to pics taken at the race.

Pics 370 - 375
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=67&pos=369

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...6-DSC_0369/lg/
Martin hudy said that the car paul was running had a different chassis on it etc. And usually when paul gets a new batch of parts it's in pieces not a whole kit. So what he is running may not be "production" parts.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,404
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Apparently Hagberg and Paul L were both running the new car at IIC but no photos were allowed
Nope.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net