R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #481
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Darn I was hoping they would be complete. looks like Im stuck ordering new. but Im now torn between 50 and 52
I would do the 52mm and add some shims to widen the front end.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #482
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
Default

Are any of you guys are having an issue of the little protrusion on the chassis that holds the servo post digging in? If so cut it off and while your at it, radius that area on the chassis a little more (battery side too) then hold the sevo in with tape ..........loads better

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 AM   #483
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,404
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
Are any of you guys are having an issue of the little protrusion on the chassis that holds the servo post digging in? If so cut it off and while your at it, radius that area on the chassis a little more (battery side too) then hold the sevo in with tape ..........loads better

Bb
Is this actually an issue, with it scraping, or whatever. I guess it may stop me buying a 12 and definately stop me buying a new chassis for my 11.
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #484
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Is this actually an issue, with it scraping, or whatever. I guess it may stop me buying a 12 and definately stop me buying a new chassis for my 11.
Yeah, you do get serious build up on the new servo post "bit". The actual chassis does generate more grip though as it is miles more flexible than the old one.

You could do like I've done, and get the '11 dremelled the same as the '12, will save you 70!!
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #485
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,694
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I posted before that Yokomo used to have that "nub" on the BD chassis and we all cut it off. On the newer BD5W-X-I chassis (Ronald Volker's car) the chassis is designed for inner servo hard mount only with servo tape or shoo goo under the servo. It worked fine on the Yoke, should work on the T3/12 is guess. JMO
__________________
Jim Chapman
PM Hobbycraft | RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Reds Racing
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #486
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

The chassis is going to scrape anyways, especially right near the motor on our track, so I don't see the sense in cutting the nub off.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #487
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 41
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Mine arrived yesterday and I am eagerly awaiting to put it together after I finish a FT build and a backup TT-01 build for this weekend.

Anything I should come to expect or look out for when building this? Sometimes instructions can be off or not exact. Any recommendations for ESC combo's that seem to compliment this rig? I had planned to toss in a MMP setup, or possibly a Novak Kinetic 2S system, was waiting to see what the consensus had agreed was a good match.


The reviews on the rig have been good and I am pretty excited to get it on the local track to give it a spin.
Creativeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #488
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The nub is the only place I noticed any rubbing on the bottom of the chassis, but it didn't seem to be too bad and I didn't notice any odd handling on the hard right turn at the end of the straight where I suspect most of the rubbing occurred. So far I'm loving this car, with very few changes from kit setup.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #489
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeindy View Post
Mine arrived yesterday and I am eagerly awaiting to put it together after I finish a FT build and a backup TT-01 build for this weekend.

Anything I should come to expect or look out for when building this? Sometimes instructions can be off or not exact. Any recommendations for ESC combo's that seem to compliment this rig? I had planned to toss in a MMP setup, or possibly a Novak Kinetic 2S system, was waiting to see what the consensus had agreed was a good match.


The reviews on the rig have been good and I am pretty excited to get it on the local track to give it a spin.
The only tip for the build is on the servo saver. The manual shows you putting the metal springs on the one plastic piece and then joining the two plastic pieces together. It won't work that way.

First, join the 2 plastic pieces, and then snap all the metal rings on from the bottom. It will make sense when you get to the step.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #490
Tech Elite
 
entitymugenmtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northridge ca
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx
Default

Is there any special way to put on the front and rear arms so they don't bind ?
__________________
SPONSORS.....MY CHECKBOOK....
entitymugenmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #491
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,711
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
Is there any special way to put on the front and rear arms so they don't bind ?
See the attached, this is from the XRAY forum, specifically: XRAY Tips
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Installing XRAY suspension arms.pdf (121.4 KB, 281 views)
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #492
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,366
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
The only tip for the build is on the servo saver. The manual shows you putting the metal springs on the one plastic piece and then joining the two plastic pieces together. It won't work that way.

First, join the 2 plastic pieces, and then snap all the metal rings on from the bottom. It will make sense when you get to the step.
it went together just fine for me...? both ways will work, you just gotta be careful when centering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
Is there any special way to put on the front and rear arms so they don't bind ?
i noticed in this kit they bound after attaching them to the bulkheads too, the 2011 didnt. I just pushed the arm towards the screw i was tightening, and after i was done they were free again - not sure if this was the right way to go about it, but it definitely felt better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
The nub is the only place I noticed any rubbing on the bottom of the chassis, but it didn't seem to be too bad and I didn't notice any odd handling on the hard right turn at the end of the straight where I suspect most of the rubbing occurred. So far I'm loving this car, with very few changes from kit setup.
im going to cut mine off soon. it cant be a good idea to have something consistently rubbing that far off the chassis line.
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #493
Tech Elite
 
entitymugenmtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northridge ca
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
See the attached, this is from the XRAY forum, specifically: XRAY Tips
Thanks Fred. This is my First Xray switched over from a Tamiya.
__________________
SPONSORS.....MY CHECKBOOK....
entitymugenmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #494
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,711
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx View Post
Thanks Fred. This is my First Xray switched over from a Tamiya.
You're welcome I think you will be pleasantly surprised
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #495
Tech Master
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Anyone have a good recommendation on where to start for a gear ratio. 17.5 stock No Boost? Ive been running boost for years but rules just changed to blinky only. (Due to the recommendation of some guy who doesn't even race at our track mind you) So now I have to start over looking for that sweet spot again.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T3 2011 entitymugenmtx Electric On-Road 4150 05-19-2014 12:53 PM
Xray T3 2011 New in Box olhipster1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 08-04-2011 05:27 AM
XRAY T3 2012 bila nk keluar? bravolous Malaysian R/C Racers 8 06-16-2011 11:58 PM
Xray T3 nitro rat Australia For Sale/Trade 22 09-19-2010 03:11 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net