Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone ever end up using the foam spec chassis for rubber based classes?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MinnesotaJoe
Thinking of trying it as a rubber VTA car.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Thinking of trying it as a rubber VTA car.
Good for high grip , on carpet, but for VTA...

you'll be wanting more flex so I'd say no, unless you got one for nothing, then go ahead & try it..._
Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

dam..thought i'd never find a T3 thread! lol.. anyway, i'm new here guys and just getting into the r/c car world. Been around some other r/c stuff before, so I know a little about the electronic side but not so much on the setup side.
Anyway, I just bought 2 XRAY chassis. One T2 that's just a rolling chassis and a T3 that does have a motor, esc, and servo on it. So I look forward to learning what I can here, making some friends, and hopefully having a fast ass car a few parts at a time!!!
Old 06-18-2016, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by hellracer1
dam..thought i'd never find a T3 thread! lol.. anyway, i'm new here guys and just getting into the r/c car world. Been around some other r/c stuff before, so I know a little about the electronic side but not so much on the setup side.
Anyway, I just bought 2 XRAY chassis. One T2 that's just a rolling chassis and a T3 that does have a motor, esc, and servo on it. So I look forward to learning what I can here, making some friends, and hopefully having a fast ass car a few parts at a time!!!
Hi, all the best & hope you have a lot of fun, have been racing T3'12 till recently & still competitive

Just set up as per book & make sure the drivetrain is smooth
Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just bought an ARTR USVTA spec T3.

Before i put it on the track i was looking for advice on anything I might want to do first such as rebuild the diffs and the shocks.

Is there anything I should be picking up parts wise or do before I take it out for my first practice?

Also for the shock rebuild is there a total kit or should i buy a specific list of stuff to rebuild them with if there isnt?

this is what i dug up so far. and Im leaning towards just getting the oring and shim set and rebuilding with that.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-al...308306/p150288

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-sh...a308070/p22699

Last edited by caffeine357; 11-09-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Bumb for this old thread, I just picked one of these up and plan to use it for VTA racing.

Any one have any tips or tricks for the car?

I also plan to rebuild the diff, the shocks. What o-rings should I use to rebuild them? Can i use the o-rings from newer T4's?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Bumb for this old thread, I just picked one of these up and plan to use it for VTA racing.

Any one have any tips or tricks for the car?

I also plan to rebuild the diff, the shocks. What o-rings should I use to rebuild them? Can i use the o-rings from newer T4's?
I just rebuilt my shocks , the shocks are different from the T4 shocks they are shorter different shaft size ,O rings. I had to order from Amain hobbies. some Spec R parts work like diffs. I use my T3's for GT and VTA on pavement.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

maybe with the t2 and t3. not sure about the t4..
Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
I just rebuilt my shocks , the shocks are different from the T4 shocks they are shorter different shaft size ,O rings. I had to order from Amain hobbies. some Spec R parts work like diffs. I use my T3's for GT and VTA on pavement.
Good to know, I see you can still get most of the parts for it. I may have to get creative for somethings. How do you like it for vta? Are you having to add weight to make the minimum?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Good to know, I see you can still get most of the parts for it. I may have to get creative for somethings. How do you like it for vta? Are you having to add weight to make the minimum?
with my full size servo and 300g battery all I really have to add are balance weights .
I race my T3's outside where they can be competitive. Inside on black carpet it seems a little tougher to be on pace. I dont know any company that makes a aluminium chassis for it.
I race the T3 for VTA and GT outside .I also like to use Front Diffs in place of the spools
It is difficult to find replacement bulkheads, Chassis for the T3. I know many of the arms , castor blocks and hubs can be found fairly easily .

Good luck with the T3
Old 11-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

check with "saga customs" or "flmrc" for some custom xray stuff if you really want it..and try the brass weights. they can be very helpful by trying them in different areas on the chassis.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
with my full size servo and 300g battery all I really have to add are balance weights .
I race my T3's outside where they can be competitive. Inside on black carpet it seems a little tougher to be on pace. I dont know any company that makes a aluminium chassis for it.
I race the T3 for VTA and GT outside .I also like to use Front Diffs in place of the spools
It is difficult to find replacement bulkheads, Chassis for the T3. I know many of the arms , castor blocks and hubs can be found fairly easily .

Good luck with the T3
Thank you for the info, I don't plan to be competitive. I'm new to the on road game, I'll be racing indoor carpet. I'll have to ask some of the locals for setup help.

Originally Posted by hellracer1
check with "saga customs" or "flmrc" for some custom xray stuff if you really want it..and try the brass weights. they can be very helpful by trying them in different areas on the chassis.
Naw, I think I'll stay away from custom stuff. I'll try pick8ng up some brass weights, and playing around. Off road seems way more forgiving.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So running my car on CRC black carpet. Anyone have any good suggestions for this car on that surface? Running Sweep 32s. Gear diffs. 21.5t TC. I am more flow on flow off driver not punchy. I know the big thing is to avoid traction roll. I am going to strip the car right down and start again, so all suggestions for a good setup are welcome.

James
Old 07-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
So running my car on CRC black carpet. Anyone have any good suggestions for this car on that surface? Running Sweep 32s. Gear diffs. 21.5t TC. I am more flow on flow off driver not punchy. I know the big thing is to avoid traction roll. I am going to strip the car right down and start again, so all suggestions for a good setup are welcome.

James
i dont think there are any set ups here for black crc carpet but they should get you in the ball park,

Team Xray T3, T3 2011 & T3 2012 Setup Sheets

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.