Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Skiddins... It'd be cool if you could post your opinion on the difference between the T3/12 & T4 once you get it on the track. I'm sure I'm not the only driver that's on the fence about spending 520 bucks for the latest and greatest, unless there's 3/10's a lap in it!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'll be spending some more time with my T4 this Sunday at my home track. As good as my T3'12 was in Vegas it will be hard for the T4 to be that much faster. So it should be a really good test to see how it stacks up against my 12.

EA
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pcar951
Hey Skiddins... It'd be cool if you could post your opinion on the difference between the T3/12 & T4 once you get it on the track. I'm sure I'm not the only driver that's on the fence about spending 520 bucks for the latest and greatest, unless there's 3/10's a lap in it!
Only way to find 3/10th per lap is by educating your thumbs, T4 is better, enough of a difference for me to get out the dremel and attack a pristine T3 12.

Bb
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Guys I can't wait to get on track myself, looks like there will be a delay until next week for that but still.

Skiddins
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperSC82
Hey guys I have a xray t3 10 with the exotek lipo chassis and was wondering what it takes to up grade the steering to the 11 or 12 style or if its even worth doing? The only upgrade it has other than the chassis is the ecs front drive shafts. Any upgrades or hopups I should do?
Anybody???
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperSC82
Anybody???
You want to add dual bellcranks? that would involve some very precise drilling and countersinking, not to mention xray charges an arm and a leg for the parts. I don't think it's worth the effort, other cars still run single post and it works fine, its more of a feel thing, if you run the single post forward and long it will probably feel similar to the bell crank rack. (makes a bigger arc)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You want to add dual bellcranks? that would involve some very precise drilling and countersinking, not to mention xray charges an arm and a leg for the parts. I don't think it's worth the effort, other cars still run single post and it works fine, its more of a feel thing, if you run the single post forward and long it will probably feel similar to the bell crank rack. (makes a bigger arc)
The reason I am thinking of doing it is I have the exotek chassis and it has all of the mounting for the " east west " servo mounting and all the dual bell crank set up. Mounting the Servo east west would free up a lot of space for electronics and now with the exotek chassis the bottom of my steering post is just sitting on the chassis no alignment hole. I hit the wall the last race and my steering post poped out cause there is nothing holding on the bottom just floating there.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sounds like to me u answered ur own question
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone who tried the Spec-R V2, Arrow max and the original Xray ECS shafts? The Xray are pretty expensive. And I heard the Spec-R V1 shafts were crap. How is V2 and the Arrowmax ECS shafts?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The spec-r v2's are awesome, very reliable!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Anyone who tried the Spec-R V2, Arrow max and the original Xray ECS shafts? The Xray are pretty expensive. And I heard the Spec-R V1 shafts were crap. How is V2 and the Arrowmax ECS shafts?
I have tried all three, for me the arrowmax wear out kinda fast, I really like the spec r v2 so far, I did replace the pins with ones from mcmaster though, I did break a set. Remember to grease them when new, they don't come greased.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
I used the arrowmax and the xray ecs's they both stand up very well i just changed the stock pins on the arrowmax before i used them and they work great did not notice any wear,the spec r v2s are much better than the origanals
Old 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but I am new to the car.
I am mounting up a new protoform Mazda body tonight and wanted to know
suggested front and rear body post hole positions (carpet @5mm) ?
I know this seems pretty basic..but I always end up having to hack my shells up after paint/mounting.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yea ... mount it so front wheel holes line up with tires . Them mount it as low as possible but make sure tires don't touch under side of shell when chassis is touching bottom. Soon as u get that taken care of put a sharpy on table and draw around the bottom edge of body and cut off below line . Been doing mine this way for 6yrs and I have never had a body rub (unless I run smaller tires and not reset ride height)
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcar951
Got to run it this evening for the first time.

We ran a layout that was pretty unforgiving so some corners were taken with care. My fastest lap of the evening was 0.47s behind the 5 times UK Mod champion, Chris Grainger.

When I first put the car down it felt superb, very consistent and easy to drive.
It seems to have more steering than the '12 and the steering is very smooth, but the extra steering is going to take some time to get used to to be able to drive it as fast as I want.
I ran the Mazda Speed 6 in quali, this has been my standard carpet body for a while as it felt consistent, the LTC-R was a handful.
I tried the LTC-R in the final with the T4 and managed to go 0.2s quicker than in quali.
Couple of the others actually added more rear toe and thicker front oil to make it just that little bit easier. I might try the rear toe next week.

It was kit carpet setup except for 2deg rear camber and 1000cSt in the rear diff.
The back didn't step out all evening despite the extra steering!

The finals are video'd on a webcam, I'll post a link when the final gets posted so you can see.

Do I like it? yes
Absolute setup will require some slight tinkering, but I know it can be competitive with little effort.

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.